Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Aussie, Cody

Spatx
March 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Hiya! I'm newer here, but thought I'd show off some pictures of my Australian Shepherd Cody. We adopted him from the OSPCA when he was about 10 months old, and came with his share of issues. Were pretty positive he had been abused and neglected, he came to us knowing nothing and moving like a cat. He even tried sitting on our windowsills when he first came home. Luckily he doesn't try that anymore! :crazy: It took us an incredibly long time to get him to where he is now, but he is still very scared of strangers and especially children, but its at a controllable level where he will now let them approach and pet him.

Anyway, here are some pictures of him. Trying to pick my favorites to show is hard, lol. He is now 7 years old, and I'm hoping we'll start agility competitions in the summer, most likely for fun in veterans class just to get him out onto the field, I know he'll love it! Here's a video from today of us having some fun in the snow with agility :thumbs up

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n_TfCReyR04

Gibbons
March 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
He is absolutely adorable. I love the one of him looking all tired out in the grass.
I also love the shot of your toes! Lol.

He's beautiful, and you must be doing an amazing job to raise a dog has content as he seems to be!

growler~GateKeeper
March 19th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Codys' gorgeous :lovestruck:

He looks like he's doing pretty good with his agility so far :thumbs up

We have another member here (Byrd) with an Aussie who is also into flyball & agility

KimandAutumn
March 19th, 2008, 11:55 PM
hi and welcome! Cody is so handsome and he looks so very happy. :lovestruck:

rainbow
March 20th, 2008, 03:01 AM
What a very handsome boy he is :lovestruck: with gorgeous brown eyes. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
March 20th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I wish I could download video over my modem :sad: I'd love to see handsome Cody in action! He looks so happy all tuckered out in the grass. :cloud9:

He's a very lucky guy to have come to you!

Spatx
March 20th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Thank you, I'm so glad I have him, he's my best buddy :D It's just difficult right now with my hand injury to be able to walk him, so I'm trying my best to keep him occupied with toys and backyard play / agility practice. I can't wait for my hand to be all better so I can get back to the field more often. (which is where the grass picture was taken) :) He loves his toys, it's just too cute.

allymack
March 20th, 2008, 11:32 AM
he's adorable!:cloud9: and he is doing great at agility!:thumbs up you have a great yard for that. can't wait to watch him on t.v. when hes a champ :)

loopoo
March 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
hes adorable :lovestruck: and looks like he is having a blast and doing great with his agility :)

Spatx
March 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
can't wait to watch him on t.v. when hes a champ :)

I can always dream big , can't I? :cloud9: Lol. :D

chico2
March 20th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Awww,he is beautiful,I am sure he'll win himself a fewhttp://bestsmileys.com/tropheys/3.gifwhen the time comes:dog:

Byrd
March 20th, 2008, 06:26 PM
:goodvibes: YAY Another Aussie!!!!

Yup, we're into flyball, agility, and rally-o, but so far only compete in flyball because agility is too expensive and she's not calm enough for rally yet.

Good luck with the agility, I'm sure he'll do great!!!! They're such a good breed for sports.

Frenchy
March 20th, 2008, 07:54 PM
He's a beauty ! :lovestruck: