Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hawkeye

Lise
March 19th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hawkeye eleven year old congo grey,he gets stranger every year.New thing likes his water hot/warm his version of tea.

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I didn't know you had a parrot, too, Lise! He's a handsome dude! (How can you tell if Hawkeye is a he or a she? :o)

Likes tea, eh? I had a setter that would home in on my teacup all the time--and end up spilling it on the floor trying to get his muzzle in the mug! :rolleyes: I hope Hawkeye is neater about it! :D

Lise
March 19th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I think he's gorgeous.We have a timneh as well, Oscar(as in the grouch)Not 100% sure of sexes on either since it's either surgical or blood work to be sure.Hawk acts like a female and Oscar we think is male.They like eachother and that's really all that matters.This is Oscar renovating and the two of them waiting to get out for the day

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Renovating! :laughing: Cute!

I wonder if you could tell from a feather analysis if the bird is male or female? :shrug:

Lise
March 19th, 2008, 07:11 PM
You can tell by a feather analysis you can either have it done at an avian vet or send to a lab yourself.I've never done it since when I looked into it they needed a feather pulled from bird not moulted naturally which I think would probably hurt.Hawk used to have feather picking issues so I'm very careful to not do anything to upset him.I think greys are probably the most sensitive of all the parrots,also probably one of the smartest.Alex, who recently passed on taught people so much about how these guys think and learn.

KimandAutumn
March 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
very pretty color. does he talk? sorry i don't know much about birds.

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Alex? The one that had such a huge vocabulary? :sad: I didn't know he'd died...

I didn't realize you'd have to pull a feather to have it analyzed. I'm with you--that doesn't sound too pleasant for the bird.

Frenchy
March 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
very pretty color. does he talk? sorry i don't know much about birds.

Same question here ... and he's pretty cute !

rainbow
March 20th, 2008, 04:16 AM
I love parrots :lovestruck: and the "renovating pic" is too cute. :D

Lise
March 20th, 2008, 08:29 AM
They both talk and do different whistles and sounds.Oscar's favorite is smoke detector and microwave.Hawks new one is "Whatever"from Ali's pixel chick.Between the two of them they probably have about a hundred words and sounds.It's funny when they're sitting on top of cage just saying random words and sounds.

loopoo
March 20th, 2008, 03:29 PM
beautiful bird.. you will have to set up a video with sound sometime for us to hear :)