Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ok i know im impatient...

duttypaws
March 19th, 2008, 03:45 PM
well as you know i've adopted a cat and made the choice to collect her in a month once i move apartment but well... i feel terrible leaving her there when she could be spread out in my apartment rather than a room with 20 cats...

so... im wanting advice on whether it would be a good idea to take her now and then move in 3 weeks OR wait 3 weeks....

also was thinking to get a feli-way to plug into the new apartment so when we move shes all calm...

also does anyone have experience with polyps in a cat?!

Jim Hall
March 19th, 2008, 03:47 PM
i would wait usually a cattery is ok for cats and i think moving would be more stressfull but it really depends on the cat ive known some that move into a new place with no problem but usually cats hate change

duttypaws
March 19th, 2008, 04:06 PM
yeah its my thoughts... shes a little lump... shes really laid back etc.... i suppose its only 3 weeks... she's been there 4 years.

its going to be vet appointments for the first few weeks as teh think she has a polyp in her ear (its been leaking for a year on and off)... so thats money.. and her fiirst memory of me... :wall:

badger
March 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Oh, go get her already! In three weeks, the two of you will be best buds and the move won't be such a big deal. I would save the Feliway for when you really need it (say, integrating a new cat later on). But keep some Rescue Remedy on hand for any freak outs.
Just my opinion :)

duttypaws
March 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
hehe... im waiting till pay day as i need to pay for her! lol .... then its off to the vet for her ear check up....i really hope its just a infection that needs treated...

Frenchy
March 19th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Oh, go get her already!

:laughing:

You could ask the rescue about this too , if they do think she's laid back , there shouldn't be any problem ! Some cats get use to new things fast. Monsieur le chat was right at home here after only a few hours ! Even with the 3 dogs !

ancientgirl
March 19th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I had only Vlad and Oksana when I moved last September. At first when I had boxes all over the place they were a little weirded out, but they got used to it. But I did leave them at the vets the night before the move and the next day until I finished moving. I didn't have a room with a door, other than the bathroom, otherwise I'd have put them in the bedroom while I moved. But when I picked them up, they had no problem sniffing around and exploring the new place. They were right at home in no time.

Jim Hall
March 19th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I thought my shy cat DU would hide for days when I maved but she was out that night slinking around

t.pettet
March 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I think you should get her a.s.a.p.

kashtin's kin
March 20th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Glad to hear you're adopting a 'foster kitty' :angel:, and it sounds like you're also prepared/psyched and all that. I vote for pick her up a.s.a.p.-but details like $$ are a consideration. It's good to hear that you're wanting to deal with the ear/polyp issue right away, too...sounds like your almost! cat is now a lucky :D one! I too hate waiting, so I hope furbuddy :cat: and you will be roommates sooooon. Good luck with everything, and let us know how it's going :thumbs up .

growler~GateKeeper
March 20th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I also would get her asap - that way the ear issue can be cleared up sooner & you have more bonding time with her :)

rainbow
March 20th, 2008, 03:03 AM
I agree with everyone and also say to get her now. :thumbs up

And, good luck with the ear problem. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

duttypaws
March 20th, 2008, 07:47 AM
well this weeks pay goes towards getting her stuff first... then ive decided to move the "moving day" lol... as this apartment has gaps and holes about and there are workemn doing stuff in the bathroom next week which i was told yesterday... so it would be doors/balconies open...maybe not too cat safe..... (impatient gemini).... then im rent free in may so should have enough to cover her ear operation (as i dont think insurance covers it!).. :frustrated:

hopefully her little friend will join us may/june.... after the op is all done :)

im really happy to have a cat again i miss my 2 cats and dog back at my parents... the house is rather empty...

her name is Lucky... but she will be Poppy when she arrives here... :)

:cloud9:

danaekitty
March 20th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Poppy is a cute name, Duttypaws! I love it.
I'm moving too, over the next few weeks, with two cats of my own. Am very nervous about how they'll take it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you if you do the same for me!!! Let's update each other, cool?

rainbow
March 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I love the name Poppy too. :thumbs up Good luck with everything. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

duttypaws
March 20th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Thankyou :) i cant wait im just impatient!!!! im hoping to get her literally days after i move... and them my mum visits in may ... so i may take her to see the other cat I like!

danae... good luck with the move.... im glad i heard they were going to be doing maintenance in this apt before i got her...