Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

just wanted to make you smile

melanie
June 20th, 2004, 06:20 PM
hi guys, well had to tell this little story, so cute and wanted to make you all smile :D (just like this one :D ). on saturday charlie and i had a big run and came home to watch a movie together. we hopped on the couch, charlie lying with her big butt towards me and head at other end of counch. we were really tired so i put my pillow on her rump and lay down on it to cuddle. i was practically lying ontop of her. so we fell asleep and 3 hours later hubby woke us, we had slept like that the whole time, she didnt move and neither did i, we were both surprised when awoken, she just looked at me as if to say 'oh your still there' and i was shocked she didnt move out from under me. i cant believe i didnt hurt her, i am around 110pounds and her only 75 so i was a bit surprised. oh i just love playing pack dogs, it is so much fun and so loving, it was like we were in our own little den, just me and her. yaay for dogs:D :D

glasslass
June 20th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Awwww! No fair! You've hit on what I miss out on with a little dog! My dog sleeps half on top of me! So does my cat! :D

melanie
June 20th, 2004, 06:43 PM
ah, but you can have a lap cuddle without loosing the circulation in your legs, even though big, i still make her be a lap dog. she is so big it is like having your own walking teddy bear :D :D

Karin
June 20th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Ciara has been known to crush me with her 85 Lb. cuddles, I treasure every gasping for breath moment. I could use one tonight too.

mona_b
June 20th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Awwww mel,that sounds like a kodak moment.

I don't mind sharing the bed with Yukon and Tron....But I tell you,it's not fun having 2-100lb+ GSD's on top of you when you try and nap on the couch.......LOL

LavenderRott
June 20th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Why, just this afternoon I took a nap with Chase sharing my pillow in front of me and Missy curled up against my back.

Lucky Rescue
June 20th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I have a 77lb lap dog, but I draw the line at sharing my bed with her. If I wanted to hear farts, and snores and be kicked all night and have the blankets hogged, I would get married again!!:p

wAggie
June 20th, 2004, 07:43 PM
hehehehehehehe

great story!!! :) :p

glasslass
June 20th, 2004, 08:24 PM
THAT made me laugh right out loud! :D :D :D

Catt31
June 22nd, 2004, 05:35 PM
LMAO LR!!! Too true!! I have a 70 lb. lap dog that DOES like to share the bed. He is very sneaky though - he will climb up quietly in the middle of the night and sleep at the bottom until someone notices him. Its usually me since he is always on MY side of the bed!! Once Tim is out of bed in the morning, Brick stretches out for our little 30 min. doze until its time for me to get up. He is a total bed hog and a couch hog...so much for our "rules" when we first got him to not let him up on either..... :o I'm such a sucker for a cute face!! :D

Luba
June 22nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
Cute story there Melsie

LR ur so funny!

babykitty
June 22nd, 2004, 09:53 PM
Mel you are so lucky, :D wish that I could have a doggy pile snooze with Sindar, but she has Hip Displasia and it hurts her to sit still too long :(

I wish that I could be as strong as LR, ,
[/QUOTE]I have a 77lb lap dog, but I draw the line at sharing my bed with her. If I wanted to hear farts, and snores and be kicked all night and have the blankets hogged, I would get married again!![QUOTE]

but I'm spineless with her puppy eyes, I put up with the farts,grunts and kicks when the boyfriend is at work (nights) and I sleep better cause its like he's not even gone!!! :D