Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

BAH! What a week!

krdahmer
March 19th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Ok, so as some of you remember, I threw my back out shovelling snow a couple weeks back and was going to see the Chiropractor last week. Well the night before my first appt, I actually had to floss my teeth (which I am lazy and never do...) and about 1/3 of the tooth I was flossing flew out of my mouth and onto the bathroom counter!:eek: It wasn't painful because that tooth has already had a root canal, but I had to call the dentist for an emerg appt the next morning before the Chiro appt. Then the receptionist tells me that if too much had broken off I would have to have it pulled! Now I LOVE my teeth:D, I wore braces for 4 years, retainers for 10, I take really good care of them (besides the flossing) and they are my favorite body part. So I spent the night stewing about being toothless. Turns out he could fix it (whew!)but I now need a crown which costs mucho $$$. So I end up being a bit late for my Chiro appt that day too, and find out that it's not the Dr. I saw before but some new guy... a year younger than my little brother! And I go to two appts with him where I pay $30 for basically nothing and whatever he did do is now hurting my hip. So Monday I finally get up the knickers to call in and insist I see my old Dr., go in to see him, finally get an adjustment, start to feel a bit of relief and decide to have a short nap. Well then I wake up in absolute agony! Great! After sitting for a bit and trying to figure out what could be hurting in my gut so much it hits me, another gallbladder attack (had one two years ago about the same time as the mc). So I try to catch my family Dr. before they close the office, but they stop answering the phone 15 min before they actually close! So I called my dad and off to the er we go..... it was 30min before I even got to see the triage nurse!!! Then another 3 hrs before I saw a dr! They are revamping the hospital and have a whole new er, with terribly uncomfortable chairs, a whole lot of disorganization and it was as if the triage nurse didn't even listen to my symptoms! (Severe abdominal pain, chest and back pain, trouble taking a deep breath and nausea and my blood preassure was very high- which although I know it was most likely my gallbladder, could have also been signs of appendicitis or a heart attack as women don't always have arm pain). Last time I had this and was there I was taken in almost immediately as they go by emergent nature. This time I watched as a kid whose father 'wanted' them to xray his toe (and came in after me), a girl with the sniffles and a man with a very pushy and obnoxious wife and about 15 others with minor ailments (one of the kids was playing and laughing in the play area right after they slipped on the hospital bracelet) all went in before me. It was agonizing to sit and there was nowhere to lay down like in the old er. The only good thing is that I finally got a shot of toredol (sp?) which helped almost immediately (after 4.5 hrs of severe pain:rolleyes:) and also happened to make my back feel better. Plus, I got a referal to a surgeon as my liver tests were out of whack so I need to have the gallbladder removed soon. (I have been putting it off and losing weight to make the surgery safer at the advice of the first surgeon I saw at the er.)

So anyhow I'm ok now and am trying to catch up with all the threads and posts I've missed.... and as for Buddy and the asthma, I am picking up some prednisone today to try for a week or so, then we'll go from there. And it looks to be a pretty exciting spring! :rolleyes:

I wonder, do you think they'd do my deviated and perforated septum (nose) and the gallbladder at the same time? :rolleyes::laughing:

ancientgirl
March 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Holy cow! When it rains it pours doesn't it? I can't believe they didn't take you at the ER faster. When do you think you'll be having your surgery?

As for the chiro, I hate when you expect to see your doctor but then they stick you with someone else? That was happening to me a couple of months ago untl one day I said "I HAVE to see the doctor, not the PA." That's when he confirmed my asthma.

I wonder, do you think they'd do my deviated and perforated septum (nose) and the gallbladder at the same time?

You might have to use some creative tactics. LOL, they're not very close to each other.

You seem to be better though, I hope that's the case.:D

Love4himies
March 19th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Wow, you really are having a bad week!! You may be finished with your bad luck, they say it comes in three's: back, tooth, gallbladder.:pray:

krdahmer
March 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Oh and my car wouldn't start. LOL so let's hope it's bad luck comes in fours, not two sets of bad luck 3's!!! :eek::laughing:

I think I'm going to put off the nasal surgery, it's not really urgent or even necessary really, just a comfort thing for me. I've been using those Breathe Right Strips and they really do wonders, except for all the fur I inhale with the more open nasal passages at night! :rolleyes:

I tried to call the surgeon today but they leave early on weds so I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh and I have another Chiro appt tomorrow, and I booked myself a massage too at the office right before! :o Figured it's paid for by our benefits and after this week... I NEED it!!! ;)

clm
March 20th, 2008, 06:27 AM
The wait times at hospitals is obscene. I hope you have a wonderful weekend to make up for all the trouble you've had.:)

Cindy

chico2
March 20th, 2008, 07:56 AM
OMG Dahmer,your day sounds like something from an"I love Lucy show"if it was not so painful,it would be funny!
It's common practice here too to wait more than 8 hours at the ER,although they have a Triage system here also.
You should have said,you think you are having a heartattack,then you would have been treated immediatly.
Hope you feel better soon:fingerscr

krdahmer
March 21st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Those of us chatting in the waiting room came up with a great plan for next time.... we're just going to walk in the door and fall to a heap on the floor.... they can figure it out from there.:rolleyes::laughing:

And I'm thinking that next time, if there is one, for one of these ridiculously painful attacks, I may call the ambulance instead. During this attack, I was actually concerned about my heart because of the chest pain and was very shocked that they didn't think it more urgent than a bruised toe!:frustrated:

Oh and that massage was great yesturday... I booked another for a whole hour next week. I can't get over it though... this tiny little girl walks in and my first thought is "she won't even be able to FIND my muscles", then she starts to massage and I swear there is a whole army working on my back!!:eek:

Jim Hall
March 21st, 2008, 11:44 AM
lol ha ha litle girls have muscles too we have a liitle 95lb girl who wranlges cats and puts up cat cages two high i call her muscles

in massage its not how much muscles its stamina and how to direct the energy