Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is it the time of year or what?

clm
March 18th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I came home today to 4 cats waiting to be fed outside. My big indoor/outdoor male, and a persian faced short coated grey male that I'm sure doesn't have a home, he's been around all winter and now looks a whole lot better than he did when he first arrived in January. A big brown tabby and a big white male with big dark grey tabby patches. My big male, Max, wasn't looking very happy about the situation and made sure everyone knew he gets to eat first. No one was willing to mess with him once he let out a couple of choice screams. Once that crew was all fed, I refilled the dishes and next thing I know there's a new cat chowing down. A big brown tabby persian. I've never seen so many cats in my driveway at one time. My 3 outdoor houses aren't going to cut it anymore. They're all eating like crazy too. I've almost gained the trust of the short coated persian faced grey. He'll come within a foot of me now. I should be able to start petting him soon. Then off to the vet with him for some shots and we'll see if he needs to be neutered. The rest are as skittish as he was when he first started coming around. I'll be giving 14+ kitties a run for her money soon if this continues. :rolleyes:

Cindy

Frenchy
March 18th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'll be giving 14+ kitties a run for her money soon if this continues. :rolleyes:

Cindy

:laughing: as long as you don't send these ones over to her place :laughing:

So the word is out on the streets , all the cats are talking about it , go to clm for a good meal. :p thank you clm for caring for these guys. :angel:

14+kitties
March 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Oh please don't send them over to my place!!!! :laughing: I think I am dealing with enough at the moment. Up to 22 now I think? This last one that made himself at home in the catuary may belong to someone. He looks pretty clean and healthy and came right to me when I called him. I didn't try petting him as I like my fingers where they are thank you. :rolleyes:
It could be because the weather is warming up they are coming out of the wood work. Is it possible people are letting them out? :frustrated: When will people learn?
Thank you for being the angel you are feeding and housing the little ones.

ancientgirl
March 19th, 2008, 12:10 PM
That's so incredibly great of you to feed these guys with no homes. LOL, apparently the word is out and they all know yours is the place to go for grub.

hazelrunpack
March 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
You're a kitty :angel:, Cindy. :cloud9: What do the B-boys think of all the extra activity?

clm
March 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
You're a kitty :angel:, Cindy. :cloud9: What do the B-boys think of all the extra activity?

The boys will bark at the outdoor cats if they see them. Fortunatey they rarely do, the outdoor cats rarely come into the back yard because of the dogs and the dogs are rarely out front.