Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself

Scuba
March 17th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I stumbled on to this forum quite a while back (about 8-9 months), been coming here almost daily to read up the funny happenings with the members' pets and looking at the nice pictures. It was nice to be able to partake in the joys and trepidations of the parents on this forum, the closest thing for me to owning a pet at the moment I guess.

When I was young I did have turtles, then a goldfish and finally a dove. Sadly that was when I was really young and they are no longer with me anymore.

I finally decided to register on this forum since I decided to volunteer at the Vancouver SPCA, my orientation is this Wednesday (march 19th 2008). I applied before I realised that there is a City of Vancouver Animal Shelter that is also looking for volunteers. Does any member here work with or volunteer at either locations? Is there anything that I need to watch out for? Which place is better for a volunteer to work at and why? Sorry for all the question.

Oh, and at the moment I am a pauper student and that is the main reason why I have decided not to have a pet at the moment. No time and a tight budget, that is why I decided to volunteer with animals.

Scuba

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hi, Scuba! Welcome to the board. :D

No doubt about it--pets can certainly be expensive! Kudos to you for realizing it and holding off. And :grouphug:s for deciding to volunteer instead! You're already an :angel: in hazel's book. :D

I hope you get some good info in answer to your questions! See you in the forums!

sugarcatmom
March 17th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hi Scuba!

I can't answer your questions, but I did want to welcome you and say that I think you're awesome. Both for wanting to volunteer at the SPCA and also for having the forethought not to jump into pet ownership without the time and means to do so first. You'll make a great, responsible companion for an animal some day. :thumbs up

Julie

Frenchy
March 17th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Welcome to pets.ca and thank you so much for wanting to volunteer at your local spca. These pets will be very lucky to have you looking after them ! :thumbs up

14+kitties
March 17th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hi Scuba and welcome!! Thank you for volunteering at the shelter. Any shelter would be good I would think. :) You are an :angel:!
And also thanks for being responsible and not picking a pet before you are ready. So many people don't wait and then end up with a pet they can't handle. lol Like I should talk!! I have 16 kitties and more strays showing up all the time. :rolleyes: Oh well, we do what we can.
Welcome again. Good luck on Wednesday.

FancyAppy
March 18th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you for volunteering at your shelter. It is so heartwarming that you would want to spend what little free time you have helping animals. Thank you for that. I see many pets in your future. What are you studying?
Good luck with your volunteer work.I know you will enjoy it.