Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

MY CAT FRIEND "GRAYBO" IS SICK!!!

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 20th, 2004, 03:57 AM
Hey There! I Am So Sad!! My Cat Graybo Was Missing For 2.5 Days. I Searched The Animal Shelter And Left In Tears. My Cat Was Not There But So Many Animals Were There Caged. It Broke My Heart. I Told The Attendant There That If I Had An 18 Wheeler I'd Load Up All The Animals And Take Them To The Country Where They Would Be Free!!
Anyway, I Had Been Looking For My Cat For 2 Days. Calling,whistling And Set The Car Alarm At The Same Time. Well, Within An Hour Graybo Is Standing At My Backdoor Where I Have Been Looking Out Of Since He Had Been Missing. I Was So Excited To See Him. I Gave Him Alot Of Love But Noticed That He Was Acting Strange. He Had A Loud Cry! He Just Sat And Layed. He Didn't Want To Be Touched On His Hind Legs. So, I Figured He Was Worn Out From Trying To Find His Way Home And I Decided To Let Him Rest. The Next Day Which Was
This Friday He Acted As If He Were Drunk. I Took Him To The Vet And He Told Me His Kidneys Were Shutting Down And He Beleived He Had Injested Antifreeze. His Enzyme Count Was High. Graybo Stayed At The Vet's And Is Still There. I Called Saturday Morning At 11:30am And He Said There Was No Change In His Blood Work. I Can't Give Up On His Life. Where There's Life There's Hope! Am I Crazy For Thinking He May Be Ok? I Went To See Graybo Saturday At 12:30pm. He And I Were Left In A Room Together. I Gave Him Alot Of Love. Knowing That Love Is One Of God's Awesome Healing Tools. I Left My Scent, Eternity Perfume (just A Small Amount)on His Paws And Forehead So That He Had A Memory Of Me. Hoping That This Would Encourage Him To Fight!! Again Am I Crazy? Do Some Animals Survive This? Whoever Knows Jesus As Their Savior (born Again) Please Pray With Me!! I Know To Some This May Sound Crazy But,i Know The Lord Can Heal Him!! If It Is God's Will. I Will Appreciate Anything Anyone Has To Offer In Regard To Graybo.
Maybe It's Not Antifreeze. The Vet Is Just Guessing From The Symtoms.

Lydia

Lucky Rescue
June 20th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Your vet is "just guessing"?? But you said he did bloodwork?

If the blood test shows the cat's kidneys are shutting down, little can be done to save him.

I'm sorry to hear this.

glasslass
June 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about Graybo too. Let us know how it works out. I'll be praying for both of you.
Antifreeze poisoning is common in my area and it is so sad. There is an antifreeze that is harmless to pets if only people would use it.

chico2
June 20th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I feel for you and no,you are not crazy,you just love your cat....as I do mine.
Unfortunately if his kidneys are shutting down there is not much hope,but hey,miracles happen!
Goodluck to you and poor Graybo!

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 03:37 AM
I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED. I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THE VET SINCE SATURDAY AND HE SAID HE WOULD CALL IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES. RIGHT NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW GRAYBO IS DOING. I WILL GO BY THIS MORNING TO CHECK ON HIM. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING CONSTANTLY! AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS. PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!!

LOVE,
LYDIA

I'm really sorry to hear about Graybo too. Let us know how it works out. I'll be praying for both of you.
Antifreeze poisoning is common in my area and it is so sad. There is an antifreeze that is harmless to pets if only people would use it.

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 03:47 AM
MANY PHYSICIAN'S HAVE BEEN AMAZED IN THE RECOVERY OF HUMANS AND ANIMALS THAT WERE GIVEN POOR DIAGNOSIS. THANKS FOR BEING THERE FOR GRAYBO AND ME AT THIS HARD TIME!
SOMETIMES I WISH I WAS NOT AN ANIMAL LOVER BECAUSE IT HURTS SO MUCH WHEN YOU SEE AN ANIMAL SICK OR LAYING BY THE ROADSIDE.. BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT? I AM GLAD I AM BECAUSE THAT MAKES ME AND OTHERS LIKE ME A HELPFUL FRIEND FOR GOD'S CREATURES.

LOVE,
LYDIA

Unfortunately if his kidneys are shutting down there is not much hope,but hey,miracles happen!

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 04:00 AM
HEY THERE, I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT JUST GUESSING AND THE BLOODWORK. THE VET GAVE ME THE IMPRESSION
HE WAS SAYING ; WHO KNOWS THINGS CAN CHANGE. OR MAYBE HE WAS GIVING ME A BIT OF HOPE TO KEEP ME GOING AND ENJOYING MY WEEKEND. WHO KNOWS!! IF I COULD HAVE I WOULD BE AT THE VET'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW TAKING CARE OF GRAYBO. I HATE NOT KNOWING
WHAT IS ACTUALLY BEING DONE TO HIM. HE SAID HE WAS GIVING HIM ANTIBIOTICS AND FLUIDS. I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT ANITFREEZE AND IT SHOULD BE OUTLAWED!! THERE IS A LESS TOXIC
TYPE. WHY NOT SELL THAT KIND!! I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. THANKS FOR BEING THERE IT REALLY HELPS TO HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO OR EMAIL TO.

LOVE,
LYDIA

If the blood test shows the cat's kidneys are shutting down, little can be done to save him.

I'm sorry to hear this.

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 01:54 PM
MY VET CALLED AT 8:00 AM THIS MORNING AND SAID GRAYBO PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY EVENING. HE ASK IF I WANT TO HAVE HIM CREMATED AND I SAID NO I WANTED TO BRING HIM HOME. I FEEL SO SAD. I HAVE LOST A WONDERFUL FRIEND AND COMPANION. I WILL REALLY MISS HIM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

LOVE,
LYDIA

I'm sorry to hear this.

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 01:55 PM
MY VET CALLED AT 8:00 AM THIS MORNING AND SAID GRAYBO PASSED AWAY YESTERDAY EVENING. HE ASK IF I WANT TO HAVE HIM CREMATED AND I SAID NO I WANTED TO BRING HIM HOME. I FEEL SO SAD. I HAVE LOST A WONDERFUL FRIEND AND COMPANION. I WILL REALLY MISS HIM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

LOVE,
LYDIA

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 01:57 PM

LOVE,
LYDIA

Princesss04
June 21st, 2004, 02:13 PM
I am so sorry to hear that your baby passed away! I know it is hard I just lost two kittens not to long ago. You are in my thoughts and prayers! :D

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 02:27 PM
YOU HAVE BROUGHT TEARS OF JOY TO MY HEART. GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR INNER LOVE FOR PEOPLE AND GOD'S CREATURES. GOD HAS GIVEN US THE TALENT OF LOVING AND CARING FOR HIS CREATION "ANIMALS"

LOVE,
LYDIA

I am so sorry to hear that your baby passed away! I know it is hard I just lost two kittens not to long ago. You are in my thoughts and prayers! :D
:)

Lucky Rescue
June 21st, 2004, 02:41 PM
I'm very sorry to hear you lost your kitty.:(

chico2
June 21st, 2004, 04:38 PM
I am sorry too,even if it was expected :(
I too always took my cats home to bury,I have 4 put to rest in my backyard,it somehow made me feel better,knowing they would be in a place they knew and loved.

glasslass
June 21st, 2004, 09:52 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Graybo. It's so amazing the impact our pets make on our lives! It's heart-wrenching when they leave. We all know and understand how you're feeling right now. Both of your lives were so much richer for having had each other.