Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sam's update

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 12:37 PM
It has now been 2 months 1/2 since his cancer diagnose. Back then ,vet had told me Sam had 2-6 months to live. I know it's hard for them to pinpoint but , Sam is doing very well. He does have a hard time getting back up when he's laying on ceramic floors but he is 10 yr old. He loves his new raw diet (omg does he ever love it!!) LP has been helping me lots with this.

He is still playing a lot with the others. So other than slowing down on our walks and his problems getting back up on slippery surfaces , he's showing no sign of getting sick from his cancer. So much that sometimes , I totally forget he has it. I feel very lucky that he's still with me , I wouldn't have believe it when we heard about his diagnose ....

rainbow
March 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
That is great news, Frenchy. :highfive: I am so glad to hear that Sam is doing well and I'm sure that feeding raw is really helping ...... LP is an :angel: for helping you convert him over. :thumbs up

Lukka'sma
March 15th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Glad to hear that Sam appears to be feeling well and showing no signs of his cancer getting him down.:thumbs up
I think of him often, hope he is with you for quite a while yet

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2008, 04:14 PM
The lump has really grown! :eek: Thank dawg it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much! Sam is your miracle boy, Frenchy! :grouphug: I'm so happy he's doing so well!

otter
March 15th, 2008, 04:23 PM
he's showing no sign of getting sick from his cancer. So much that sometimes , I totally forget he has it.

That's wonderful! Sam has such a great life with you, it's great that you can put his cancer out of you mind and just enjoy all that you've got with him :lovestruck::goodvibes:

I think about Sam often too... I try to hold back from asking about him as I figure you'd tell us if there was something you wanted to share. It's so great to hear such a good update!!! :thumbs up:thumbs up I always love to hear things going well... it's too often we only hear about the bad stuff:sad:

Lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes: and :grouphug: for you and Sam (Bailey, Nelly, Paddington and Monsieur too!)

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Sam is your miracle boy, Frenchy! :grouphug:

Yes he is , I can't believe he sits like any other dog and it just doesn't seem to bother him !!

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Lots of :goodvibes::goodvibes: and :grouphug: for you and Sam (Bailey, Nelly, Paddington and Monsieur too!)

Thanks otter , other than Bailey, sometimes has diarya , they are doing great !

krdahmer
March 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Lots of :goodvibes: & :pray: that it continues not to bother him for a long time yet. ( I am so surprised that you say it doesn't bother him to sit, that is quite a large lump! What a trooper!:lovestruck:)

clm
March 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
That's great Frenchy. I too have been afraid to ask about how he's doing.

Cindy

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I'm so glad to hear he's doing well. I've also been afraid to ask.

t.pettet
March 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I too have been reluctant to ask as I don't want to make you feel bad with what you and Sam are going through. So glad he's doing well and is a happy boy.

susieqt
March 15th, 2008, 09:25 PM
One day at a time, Frenchy. It is nice to hear that he doesn't seem sick, maybe he'll beat all odds as sometimes this does happen! I am sure you are appreciating every moment with him.

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks guys , and it's ok if you ask how he is doing. I know what's coming , it's no fun , but at least I know. I've been there already .... the main thing is , I don't want him to suffer. :o

Funny how I finally post an update because I am so surprise he's doing so good , but then after supper , he went outside and had a hard time , had diarya and some blood , never happened before. I have this thing with "jinxing" things :wall: Maybe it's just an upset stomach. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I hope he just ate something that didn't agree with him! :fingerscr :pray:

loopoo
March 15th, 2008, 11:55 PM
hes a beautiful boy and lucky to have you..hopefully his stomach upset is a minor thing and :goodvibes::pray: that he continues to feel good

rainbow
March 16th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Frenchy, one of my last two sibes with cancer was given 8-10 months and he lasted 22 months and this was before "raw" was the way to go. I'm sure with all the newer information out there that you've been able to use with Sam will be to his benefit. :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
March 16th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Frenchy I'm so glad Sam :lovestruck: is doing so well, & only has minor aging discomforts :grouphug:

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

chico2
March 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I too have been meaning to ask,boy,that lump looks ugly,but I am so glad he is still enjoying his wonderful life with you.
Hugs to Sam:grouphug:

SARAH
March 16th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Good news about Sam :thumbs up

The getting up thing is probably more due to age than anything, Sheba struggles too these days and can hardly get up on the couch anymore, it takes her a good 5 minutes to scramble and struggle herself up on it (reminds me of a walruss on a rock :D sorry Shebz)

Hang in the Sammy boy, you're not done with life yet!:grouphug: