Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Name for New Puppy

Harley's_Mom
March 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
We're getting a new puppy next weekend and we cannot come up with a name for her. She's a Newfoundland with a little Golden Retriever in her. Her colouring is bronze and white. Anyone have any suggestions?

Winston
March 15th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Check out this link with 2000 names

http://petrix.com/dognames/

Good Luck

Cindy

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 12:57 PM
It's easier to help with names when there's a picture of the pup ;) :D

rainbow
March 15th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I agree with Frenchy. :D

And, she sounds gorgeous. :lovestruck:

Harley's_Mom
March 15th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Hopefully I figured this out ok. She's the one on the right.

Lukka'sma
March 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM
OMG she is so sweet.
How about a flower name, she is pretty enough to be named after a flower
http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/flowers.htm

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2008, 04:18 PM
What a doll! I'm awful at names, though... :o She's sort of Sienna-colored. How about Sienna? Or Sepia...nah...nah...that sounds too potty-related... :rolleyes: Seneca?

why is hazel obsessing over the "S" names? :shrug: :D Well, whatever you name her, she's going to be a gorgeous girl when she grows up! :thumbs up

otter
March 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
I don't know why but "Mocha" came to mind...:shrug:

Hogansma
March 15th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Awwww... what a beauty! Strangest thing but as I was looking at her picture and before I scrolled down to otter's reply, I thought "Mocha", too. She looks like a coffee or hot chocolate with cream. Whatever you name her, she is sooooo cute!

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2008, 04:54 PM
OMG she's adorable, and so is the little cutie next to her.

I like Mocha too.

edslinda
March 15th, 2008, 05:35 PM
such a cutie how about Bell or Bella or is that to dumb?

duttypaws
March 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
i thought daisy... you can just see her with a bow in her head! lol....

but im in flower mode at the moment naming my new cat poppy!

clm
March 15th, 2008, 09:08 PM
What a cute puppy. :lovestruck:
Her colouring is beautiful. She has a newf head too. :lovestruck:
I like the name Hazel for her for some reason.
If you're picking her up in April, then April could be a good name too.
If I were to name her after a flower, it would be Rose or Rosy.

Cindy

Harley's_Mom
March 15th, 2008, 09:18 PM
So many great names! It seems all I've done this weekend is surf the internet looking for names. I've been looking for that one name that jumps right out at you. Of course my husband and boys are no help. I suggest a name and they all shoot me down but they certainly haven't come up with any good names. I absolutely love the name Tallulah, if my last boy had been a girl I wanted to name her Tallulah Belle. I'm the only one who loves the name though. So far we have Sophie, Maggie and Tova. I'm not wild about any of them.

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
I like the name Hazel for her for some reason.

:eek: Not Hazel!!!! I always get so nervous when I see a thread entitled something like "Hazel going in for spay on Tuesday" :eek:

:laughing:

Actually, Harley's_Mom, I kind of like Tallulah Belle. We had a friend of the family that was named Tallulah. She was a real sweetheart! :o

happycats
March 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Boca
Cadbury
Nestle
Godiva
Laura
Sara
Lindt
I think I'm haveng a chocolate craving:o

Celeste
Quila
Sharlie
Tarin
Suzy

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
:eek: Not Hazel!!!! I always get so nervous when I see a thread entitled something like "Hazel going in for spay on Tuesday" :eek:

Quila

happycats , don't you mean Tequila ? :D

I saw a st-bernard named Penelope this week, I love the name !

Also , you may want to wait until she gets to your place , what if you choose a name you just love and find out it just doesn't suit her ? :shrug:

BTW , she is adoooooorable !!! :lovestruck:

Hogansma
March 15th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Jade
Ruby
Pearl
Meadow
Skye
Rainey
Saffron
Charlotte

??

the gang
March 15th, 2008, 10:55 PM
she is a doll, what about mercedes spelling may not be correct

happycats
March 15th, 2008, 11:01 PM
happycats , don't you mean Tequila ? :D

LMAO!!! My BIL brought me back a bottle from Mexico....and yes, I kinda got into it :D and as I drink I think isn't Quila a cool name?? :o

Frenchy
March 15th, 2008, 11:05 PM
LMAO!!! My BIL brought me back a bottle from Mexico....and yes, I kinda got into it :D and as I drink I think isn't Quila a cool name?? :o

rainbow
March 16th, 2008, 12:26 AM
And, she sounds gorgeous. :lovestruck:

And.....she IS gorgeous. :cloud9:

I also think you need to wait until you get her before deciding on a name. There are some good suggestions already made and I like Ruby the best so far but I prefer two syllable names. I would make a list of names that you like and "try them out" on her.

pbpatti
March 16th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Hopefully I figured this out ok. She's the one on the right.

What a pretty little (for now) girl. How about Jacinta? don't know where that came from but it sounds good, I also like Tallulah. pbp

Lukka'sma
March 16th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Lexus
Charlotte

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 16th, 2008, 11:06 AM
She's adoooorable :lovestruck::lovestruck:... One thing to remember about choosing a name to reflect the colour is that sometimew when they mature...the colour will change... I chose the name Bailey because he was the colour of the liqueur...but as he got older... he darkened... he doesn't mind though... I also like a name that ends with an "eeeee" sound... no matter what you call her...she's going to end up with that ending... Smudge is often called Smudgie.... I don't know why... it just happens...

No matter what you chose.... she's gorgeous! ;)

SARAH
March 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM
What about Kahlua? Chocolate liqueur, seems it would fit her well. She's a cutie! Mocha is good too. I've never been for using human names for animals, unless it's things like Mozart or Socrates, I mean ... famous deads :rolleyes:

What about something like Athena or Freya, ancient godesses!

Harley's_Mom
March 16th, 2008, 11:47 AM
It's funny you mention Kahlua cause that one crossed my mind too...lol. I think we might end up waiting until we pick her up and get a better idea of what she looks like and what her personality is. Secretly I'm still partial to Tallulah. I just can't wait til Friday!!! We're already getting things prepped for her. We've got her crate ready, bought her own food dish, her own leash and already have a big bag of puppy food for her. We've even been into the vet's office to talk to them about her. They have a really good Puppy Plan that we are going to utilize. Do I sound excited? LOL

SARAH
March 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I would be too, she's soooo cute! At least, Kahlua sounds almost like Tallulah ... close anyway :D whatever you end up with, she looks adorable!

Of course, next weekend, we DO expect PICS and lots of 'em; you do realize that, right?

Harley's_Mom
March 16th, 2008, 12:03 PM
LOL I just finished telling my hubby that you would all be expecting pics of her. Don't worry, I plan on posting lots!

Shabby
March 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
She does look like a "Mocha"!!

happycats
March 16th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I would be too, she's soooo cute! At least, Kahlua sounds almost like Tallulah ... close anyway :D whatever you end up with, she looks adorable!

Of course, next weekend, we DO expect PICS and lots of 'em; you do realize that, right?

Tequila sounds like Tallulah too :)

Demi moores daughters name is Tellulah belle, scout and rumer are her other 2 :D

duttypaws
March 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
what about coco?

Harley's_Mom
March 16th, 2008, 03:21 PM
That's exactly where I got Tallulah from...lol. It's actually a Native American name which means "Running Water". I think it would be an appropriate name for a Newf!