Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my dog is not feeling well

edslinda
March 15th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I have a 3 year old male mixed breed he has been lethargic he did vomit a few times yesterday, but none since. no cough no discharge drinking plenty of water. what to do there is a storm today snow and can't get to vet till Monday any body have any advise to help him feel better. also his brother has small cut on paw what can i put on it if
:shrug:anythinghttp://www.pets.ca/forum/images/smilies/shrug2.gif

rainbow
March 15th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Vomiting and lethargy is a big red flag to me. I would make every effort to get him to a vet asap. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

edslinda
March 15th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yea thanks big red flag to me too. I will get him to vet meanwhile he did eat some plain white rice with dry food and has not vomited. hes my baby and I'm so worried. also he cried out when i went to touch his head, not sure what that means. :cry:

hazelrunpack
March 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Has he pooped at all recently? Did he get into anything that might have caused a blockage?

I hope he's better soon, edslinda! :fingerscr

edslinda
March 15th, 2008, 05:32 PM
well he has had some bones and he did poop yesterday for sure. not sure about today. he was out and i did not watch him but i will. I read that the bones are not good and i did not boil it or anything my ignorance !!! :frustrated::thankyou: will not be doing that again! He will be going to the vet.

want4rain
March 15th, 2008, 05:35 PM
were they COOKED bones or raw ones? if they were raw, they should be just fine. if you dont feed raw bones often, he could just have an upset tummy like food poisoning. perhaps his tummy isnt use to raw foods?? we feed raw meats to our pets but they have been eating it for a LONG time.

-ashley

want4rain
March 15th, 2008, 06:28 PM
to also say, if it WAS a cooked bone, you might want to get your sled together and get to the vet. :(

-ashley

the gang
March 15th, 2008, 07:17 PM
i would say chicken broth and rice and some pepto to help his tummy watch for blood in his poop this happened to me 10 yrs ago, when i did not know better, and the paw you can try poli sporion and some vet wrap just some ideas hope this helps brenda and the pins.:thumbs up

edslinda
March 16th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I gave him one of those raw bones (soup bone from supermarket) he did not finish it, I did not cook it just gave it to him and his brother, brother is fine. Gave him just the rice with little bit of dry food did not have chicken. still whines a bit ( break my heart) sleeping right now. where do I get the stuff for the paw health food store? thanks for all the input :)

Ang-Lew
March 16th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Polysporin is just an antibiotic ointment you can buy at any drugstore. I would use a bit of that, make sure the paw is clean and try to put a clean, white cotton sock on his foot. No need for special wraps if you can use an old sock....

edslinda
March 17th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Dear want4rain
I had a visual that made me laugh even with the worry with my dog. your comment get the sled ready i pic me pulling a sled cus the dog to sick. lol
thank for the stress reliever :clown: also the polysporin looked like two words above and it threw me lol

hazelrunpack
March 17th, 2008, 10:01 AM
How is he doing today, edslinda? When is the vet appt?

want4rain
March 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Dear want4rain
I had a visual that made me laugh even with the worry with my dog. your comment get the sled ready i pic me pulling a sled cus the dog to sick. lol
thank for the stress reliever :clown: also the polysporin looked like two words above and it threw me lol

whats even funnier is thats exactly what i meant!!!! hows everything looking today??

-ash

edslinda
March 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
:cloud9: My Dozer is better. He was doing better when took to vet and he said he thinks it was something he got into. What is anybody guess. Gave him some med to help along the recovery and updated both dogs shots. Sonny (with the paw issue) was also healing well used the polysporin and he is barley limping at all:pawprint: I'm soo happy to have them back to "normal" thanks for all the support, really thanks to all Linda