Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on dakota!!!!

the gang
March 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
our sr. min pin was fine on tuesday night!!!, than at 6.30 wensday am, he was walking up his ramp and walking a bit diff. but remember this little one was parillzed 4 yrs ago we only have 2 steps, hubby made him a ramp, so as he is comming up the ramp i look at him and i see his little bum, i said OMGOD whats that, got him inside and there was 4 drops of blood he had a bubble right beside his bum, freaked out called in sick made a vet appoipment, for 3, he was leaking everywhere and could not settle for 2 long and each time there was this brown yuck comming out of him!!! could not wait for 3 to come, so at 2.30 put the other 4 pins out and guess what they got over the fench 6ft high with the snow, i was going wild!!!!! got on my belly with a pocket of cookies and thank god got them all back into the house, what a site, hubby picked me up ,off to the vets he was there at 3.10 in surgey at 3.30, poor little man he had a abcess a. gland, vet said she never saw one this big on a little guy, poor little guy he just turned 9, he has had chrystals , than parillzed than oct a diabect now this i told them up front if this was too big opperation i wanted to put him down he has been through so much, but my little fighter held his own its been a crappy week but he is on the mend thank god! so thats why i have not been n much, but there is so many real good people here just wanted to let you all know brenda and the pins.:thumbs up

Rottielover
March 14th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Brenda, I am so happy to hear he is on the speedy road to recovery..
Well wishes little man

the gang
March 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
thanks rottilover its been a crazy couple of days.

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm glad he's feeling better, Brenda! Sounds like you've had a :crazy: week!!

:grouphug:

rainbow
March 14th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Brenda, sorry for the crappy time you've been having. :grouphug: Glad to hear that your little guy is on the mend though.......hope he continues to improve. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

pbpatti
March 14th, 2008, 11:04 PM
What a strong boy you have there, good wishes and:pray:that he recovers quickly. patti

Ford Girl
March 14th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Happy he's on the mend :goodvibes:....it sure scares you eh? :angel: :pray: for a speedy recovery. :grouphug:

Purpledomino
March 15th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry that you had such a bad week Brenda. Omg, you know we've all been there. By the sounds of it your Pin is a real fighter and he'll be terrorizing the place again soon in typical Minpin style! Take care and give the little monkey a hug for me!

sugarcatmom
March 15th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Oh Brenda, that really sucks! Best wishes for speedy recovery for your little dude.

the gang
March 15th, 2008, 01:22 PM
thanks everbody so much for good wishes, he is doing better to day thank god, brenda and the pins.:thumbs up

rainbow
March 15th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that he is doing better today and sending more good wishes for continued improvement. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: