Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

S l o w L y getting better

Lukka'sma
March 14th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Lukka is 7 weeks post op now and although she still limps with every step, she is getting better. She's getting so out of shape however, pants like crazy after her one block walk. Once she gets one the move again she'll need to drop about 20 - 30 lbs. The vet says she could try stair climbing now, but we are going to hold off for a bit yet, she is reluctant to try also. Doesn't bother me too much if she just wants to use her ramp for ever, we live on a one floor house so no steps inside to deal with since the basement is unfinished and she has never gone down there.
She was sitting outside watching daddy move some snow around the yard.

Winston
March 14th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ohh! thre she is!! she is sooo beautiful you know! Glad to hear things are still improving. The weather will be nice soon and at least you can all get out of the house a bit more! she looks like she was enjoying her spot! Thanks for updating! love to see her pics!

Cindy

Tommysmom
March 14th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Awww, beautiful Lukka!!!:lovestruck:. She is so gorgeous. I'm sure she'll lose the weight easily in the warmer weather when she can move around more without worrying about slipping in snow and ice, it's got to be tough trying to work her leg through all the snow we've had this year. Glad to hear she's doing better!

rainbow
March 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Lukka is looking as gorgeous as ever. :lovestruck: It's too bad you got so much snow this year as that certainly hasn't helped her situation. :sad: Glad to hear that she is improving though. :thumbs up

Did you cut back her food intake at all since she isn't being exercised? The vets told us to do that as the more excess weight would make it harder for the recovery. It was hard to do though as Chase loves his food.

Good luck for continued success with her recovery. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Lukka'sma
March 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Did you cut back her food intake at all since she isn't being exercised?

I have cut her back, the weight just seemed to sneak up on me though. I think it also had a lot to do with the weeks prior to injury and all the pred she was on, hunger was out of control and we did give her a tad more. Never dreamt that she would be having this surgery at that point

rainbow
March 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
That's right....I forgot about all the prednisone she was on before her surgery. :o Poor girl....that wasn't very good timing. Once the good weather arrives her recovery will go that much faster. :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2008, 08:36 PM
She looks great. Is the fact she's a big dog making it slower for recovery?

Frenchy
March 14th, 2008, 08:47 PM
ahhh she looks good ! :lovestruck: slowly but surely :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
March 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Aw, I just wanna grab her gently by the jowls and kiss her purtty nose! :lovestruck:

Glad to hear she's still improving. She certainly looks good!

Ya, prednisone, though... The stuff is murder if you're trying to keep your girlish figure! :rolleyes: Once it's warmer, she'll get back in shape.

loopoo
March 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
shes such a beauty :lovestruck: glad to hear she is getting better every day :)

Ford Girl
March 15th, 2008, 01:15 AM
What a beautiful dog, you know, she really catches your eye..:cloud9: Thanks for the update, glad she's on the mend. :angel:

breeze
March 15th, 2008, 09:14 AM
She sure is a looker,:cloud9::cloud9:

she is still as beautiful as ever..

more :goodvibes::goodvibes: for you and lukka for her improvements day by day..:grouphug:
and we diffently need more pictures :D

chico2
March 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Awww Lukka,I'd love to cuddle up in her beautiful fur:lovestruck:
It's a slow recovery for sure,but there is nothing wrong,right?
Her size probably has something to do with it,but what do I know:confused:
I hope it's not painful to her:pray:
Soon she'll be able to enjoy laying in the grass,I hope!!

marko
March 15th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Beautiful pix Lukka'sma!
So happy she is also feeling a bit better! :highfive:

krdahmer
March 15th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Awww Lukka,I'd love to cuddle up in her beautiful fur:lovestruck:

I second that... what a pretty pretty dog! I hope things speed up a bit for her... and you know, I bet that cold snow feels great on her leg!

TeriM
March 25th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Beautiful Lukka pics :lovestruck:, hope her recovery is still going ok :fingerscr.

Love4himies
March 25th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I am glad to hear she is doing better. Looks like lukka wants to help daddy move the snow. She is beautiful.

Pred, yes, very hard on the waistline :evil:, but is a miracle drug to help with medical conditions.

SARAH
March 25th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Yayy for Lukka :highfive: :goodvibes:

Ya, prednisone, though... The stuff is murder if you're trying to keep your girlish figure! :rolleyes: Once it's warmer, she'll get back in shape.

Absolutely, it's a steroid after all, and we all know who uses that and for what (ok, those who might not have caught on ... non-natural bodybuilders pump their appearance up with steroid use, although probably not prednisone)

She was sitting outside watching daddy move some snow around the yard.

You mean ... you have somewhere to move it to :confused: :eek: And, it's not frozen to a solid glacier either :eek: :confused: