Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs and catnip?

Gibbons
March 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
So Gibson has managed to lose ALL of his cat toys (3 string things, 2 jingle-ball things, and 2 of his little cat-nip things that he carries around with him everywhere). After tearing the house apart looking for them, I bought him more! I got 2 toys for free from petsmart- see what happens when you chat up the cashier? :laughing: I got him 2 catnip mouse things, a string toy, and some jingle-balls. He's so cute with the catnip; he holds it with his front feet and rubs it all over his face. He sleeps with them, plays fetch with them, etc.

What I can't figure out is Tango has almost the same reaction. She takes them from the cat (risking her face in the process!) and carries them around the house, lays on her back wiggling around with the toy in her mouth, sleeping with them. I can't figure it out. Has anyone else heard of dogs reacting to catnip, or is she just imitating and trying to play?

I also got Tango a Cuz- she sniffs it because she knows I want her to do SOMETHING with it- but couldn't care much less about it's existence. Weird.

Love4himies
March 14th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Never heard of dogs reacting to catnip, maybe Tango is imitating the Gibson :laughing:, monkey see, monkey do.