Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vaginitis in spayed dog?

bendyfoot
March 13th, 2008, 01:22 PM
So, Jaida's got vaginitis (Staphylococcus somethingorother, I don't remember what kind exactly). She's on Clavamox for two weeks and I have to wash her...um..."delicate areas" two or three times a day. I bet you can guess how much she loves that.

I've never heard of a spayed dog getting a reproductive tract infection before. Has anyone else ever had this happen to their dog, and what was the cause/source?

(And yes, she's still limping from that leg injury. There's talk of a knee problem. If it's not one thing with her, it's about half a dozen. Sigh. Good thing we like her.)

Frenchy
March 13th, 2008, 08:53 PM
ahhh Jaida (and you too) didn't need this on top of everything else :sad: I can't help you with your question but speedy recovery to Jaida :fingerscr

And I hope she doesn't have a knee problem but just pulled a muscle ? :fingerscr

Ford Girl
March 15th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Hey, my friend *C*'s dog Voo just recently had it and they treated it the same...she'd be between 18 months to 2 years old, spayed. I will ask her if her vet gave any info on cause...

They seem to be so tolerant :angel: when they know you are trying to help them...it will make her feel better. :grouphug:

rainbow
March 15th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Awwwww....poor Jaida. :grouphug: I have no advice to offer but just wanted to give my :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: