Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

potty training

06canyon
March 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
I'm so proud of my little Tia. She's four years old (I've only had her a month) and she was not housebroken. The poor little girl she would even pee in her kennel. Now we have not had an accident in the house for 2 weeks. she was denied any access to the carpet (her favorite) and repetitive trips outside. In the morning every 10min. with lots of praise outside when something good happened. now she asks to go outside with her own strange signal. I'm so proud of her.

jessi76
March 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
wow, that's excellent! It's always such a good feeling when your pet makes a huge accomplishment like that. great job! :thumbs up

what is her "strange signal"?

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Good girl, Tia! :thumbs up

We've also adopted adult dogs that came in from kennel situations and need to be housebroken. We're always so proud of them, too, when the :lightbulb: goes on (you can see it in their eyes :D)

It's just been two weeks, though, so don't be surprised if there are still a few accidents here and there--but once the dog is signalling, we always know the relapses must be our fault for missing the signal!

Ford Girl
March 12th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Good job!!! Woo Hoo! :highfive: :goodvibes:

All the hard works does pay off in the end...:thumbs up

06canyon
March 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Her strange signal is to start giving lots of kisses oh yeah, she's in heat so she's wearing a diaper. I do not suggest a diaper for potty training.