Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's time to get up and pet me!

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Oksana is my most private, I guess is the right word, kitty. She's got no issues being all by herself off somewhere. She plays with the others, when SHE feels like it. It's no surprise she only wants to be petted when SHE feels like it, even though it's at 4:30 in the morning:frustrated:

She started waking me for her morning pet sessions when I first moved to my current apartment. At first she'd just jump on the bed and stare at me until I woke up with that feeling of dread you get when your being stared at. LOL, of course, I no longer have the feeling of dread since I know it's just her.

But now, for the last couple of weeks, she's decided I need to actually be nudged. If my hand is laying flat on the bed, she'll nudge her head under it. Mostly though, she just taps me on the arm, or as she did this morning when I failed to wake up fast enough, she lightly scratched at me.

It reminds me of the little cartoon I recently saw of the cat trying to wake the owner by bashing it on the head with a bat, then pointing innocently to its mouth wanting breakfast. She did the same thing, sanz bat. LOL, she scratched at me, then once I woke up she just looked at me and turned around and looked over her shoulder as if saying to me, "I'm ready now. You may pet me peasant.":laughing:

Here's the cartoon:

Funny cat cartoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJFF7QkwRaI)

06canyon
March 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM
lol too true, Allie thinks 2:30 is pet time. even worse if she forgets she has food in her dish!! then I have to get up and show her.

Kristin7
March 12th, 2008, 03:05 PM
lol! Yeah, I saw that cartoon before and was reminded of certain kitties. There is another one by the same person, but I forget where I saw it... it involves letting the cat outside. probably on youtube?

I have a cat also who likes nighttime attention. Micki spends a lot of time in my bedroom sleeping because that's her safe place (my other cat is sort of obnoxious). Micki sleeps on my pillow every night, sometimes she's sleeping on my hair, or I end up with cat butt in my face... :yuck: I wake up now and then (every night) to realize she has taken over nearly the entire pillow so that i only get a small piece of it. I try and move her and you should hear her complain!!!

Jim Hall
March 12th, 2008, 03:13 PM
sigh i miss having a kitty like that to wake me up i love Du to pieces but i wish she owuld come up and say hi in the morning
had one that used to wake us up by licking our ears

Chibi
March 12th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I had a big old fat tabby cat named Sassy. Since he was a kitten he liked to suck on Tshirts and etc., whatever you were wearing, sometimes so much that you would wake up soaked! He eventually grew out of suckling, but instead he would find a comfy position ontop of you and not move. If you tried to move, he would get rigid and growl, and if you stopped, he would lay there and purr.

What right does a people-bed have to move, anyway?

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I complain but I have to say, I love it. She has times when she sleeps off on her own, but she has other times when she comes and sleeps right next to me, often taking up quite a bit of the bed.:D

krdahmer
March 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I love love love that cartoon, I got it in an email a while back.:laughing:

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I thought it was so cute, and soooooo true.:D

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
That cartoon has been around and around... it's really funny.

When I wake up in the morning...Smudge is sleeping parallel with the pillow and I'm almost hanging off the bed...:laughing::laughing: When I fall asleep ... he's curled up on the pillow beside me with his cheek next to mine. Bailey sleeps on a recliner in the livingroom. Just as I'm about to fall asleep...he comes onto the bed ...onto my chest... and falls down on his side...my arms automatically wrap around him... he stays for about 30 minutes...purring away.... slips off to the side and lays "on his back" with my arm around him... are you getting the visual??? One on each side. Sometimes I'm sooooo tired...but, I wouldn't pass on this feeling for anything. :cloud9::cloud9:

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
LOL, I've got the visual. Vlad used to lie on my chest, but I'm thankful he doesn't do that anymore because he weighs 18 pounds! I love when they're all in bed with me. I love that they all want to sleep right up against me. It's comforting to me to have them sleep with me.

My friend started living with her boyfriend. She used to let her dogs sleep on the bed but she doesn't let them anymore. I can't see myself exiling my babies from my bed. I feel odd when at least one of them isn't up there with me.

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 12th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It's an honest show of affection....btw... Bailey is almost 18 lbs.... but, he's a big guy...lots to hug. :cloud9:

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Oh my goodness! How can you breathe with him laying on your chest like that?

When I first moved into my current place, Vlad was only weighing about 12 pounds, and when he'd lay on my chest/shoulder he was heavy and I started to feel it, but it wasn't terrible. I'd love to be able to let him sleep on my chest the way he used to, but I just don't think I could breathe with him laying on my chest anymore. Oddly enough, I think he knows that too, because he now sleeps right next to my head, with his paw on my shoulder.

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM
:laughing::laughing: He doesn't actually sleep on my chest...he just lays there for hugs...then slips off to my side where he lies on his back (on the bed) and my arm cradling him.... sometimes my hand falls on his belly for a tummy rub and when I rub...his hind feet curl up...:laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Oooooohhhhh! LOL, that's good because that's some pretty heavy weight to have on top of you.

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 12th, 2008, 08:19 PM
The only problem by being "pinned down" between two furries is having a surprising thing happen...like... a sneeze.... :laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I know what that's like all too well. I've got two right next to me, and two right at my legs. Maks and Kiska like sleeping either against my legs, or right between them. Moving is not an option, especially since Kiska believes she needs to kill the monster under the covers, so she'll start biting at my legs :laughing:

FancyAppy
March 12th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Love the cartoon. it was the first time I saw it. Made me laugh cause I have two cats that work me over every morning. One big lug dog and 2 big lug cats sleep with me and they completly hog the bed and won't move then I can't get comfortable, finally am able to get to sleep and someone furry is wacking me in the face.

otter
March 12th, 2008, 10:46 PM
:laughing: great cartoon!

Alas I am low on the totem pole for bed space in my house and moving any of the critters is worth your life. I often wished I had a couch so I could sleep there and leave the bed to the animals :D.

Molly has been know to be jealous of the cat sleeping on my chest and thinks she can take it's place.... and she's a 75lb golden retreiver :eek: Breathing becomes a real workout :eek::laughing:

Love4himies
March 13th, 2008, 07:02 AM
:laughing: great cartoon!

Molly has been know to be jealous of the cat sleeping on my chest and thinks she can take it's place.... and she's a 75lb golden retreiver :eek: Breathing becomes a real workout :eek::laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

In their minds, they are all babies and we are their mommies.

Nothing more soothing than a purring cat to put you to sleep :sleepy:.

Magicwildwolf69
March 13th, 2008, 04:54 PM
I love that cartoon. My bf found it on a post he goes into for his video games and showed it to me. I laughed my head off. Saddly none of my current furbabies sleep with me. Sometimes the kitten stormy will if my bf isn't in the room with me. For some reason she's terrified of him :confused:

But lately she has started to lay on my chest....like she is now making this post hard to write with two hands. :laughing: But i'm so glad she does makes me know we've come a long way from the little feral thing she was when i got her.

Kristin7
March 13th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure if this will work, but here's the other video by the same guy (same cute cat): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rb8aOzy9t4

ancientgirl
March 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM
LOL, that was funny. I love his videos. I hadn't seen that one.

otter
March 13th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I love that cat :lovestruck:

Mine do that when they want to go out. They go crazy to get out then you open the door and they back away and look at you like "why would I want to go out there, it's cold/wet/hot/snowy/sunny/etc." Guess that's a good thing cause I don't really like them being outside anyways:thumbs up

ancientgirl
March 13th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I love that cartoon. My bf found it on a post he goes into for his video games and showed it to me. I laughed my head off. Saddly none of my current furbabies sleep with me. Sometimes the kitten stormy will if my bf isn't in the room with me. For some reason she's terrified of him :confused:

But lately she has started to lay on my chest....like she is now making this post hard to write with two hands. :laughing: But i'm so glad she does makes me know we've come a long way from the little feral thing she was when i got her.

I love that they all sleep with me. Sometimes it's all of them, sometimes it's 3 or 2, but there's always at least 1 up there in bed with me. I'm really thinking of getting a bigger bed. I've been looking at some prices for mattresses. I'm so desperate for more room, I may just get the mattress and put it on the floor until I get a bed I like. I just want more room so we can spread out.:laughing:

Kristin7
March 14th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I love it in that second video when he opens the door and the cat just sits there. Such a typical cat thing to do! :laughing: Mine also do that when I open the door to the backyard and the weather isn't good. They get so disgusted! Or, they go out and come right back in with a really cross look on their faces.

I think if I had 4 cats sleeping with me I'd not be able to move. It is bad enough that one sleeps on my head and the other by my legs. I guess, now that I think about it, I can't move with only 2 of them around.

My one cat, Annie, really reminds me of the first video, she gets sooo hungry in the morning and jumps up, walks all over me, stepping in the most sensitive spots on my body (like my bladder, for instance). She knows just where they are, so I am fairly certain she does this on purpose, to get a reaction. Then, if we move, she jets off the bed and runs towards the kitchen, hoping it is breakfast time.

06canyon
March 14th, 2008, 02:46 PM
besides the body shots, Allie will walk in front of my face with her long hair to tickle, when you turn your head, she goes to the other side. This is while Ringo is whining at the foot of the bed and Fufu is banging around his cage. Tia's quiet.

chico2
March 14th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Loved the second cartoon too,who is this person,must know a lot about cat-behaviour..:thumbs up

ancientgirl
March 14th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I get the feeling that guy's cat gives him a run for his money! LOL.

Magicwildwolf69
March 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the link Kristin7 i just watched that second cartoon. I agree that poor guy must run in circles from his cat! thank goodness mine doesn't do that lol.

FancyAppy
March 16th, 2008, 09:48 PM
This guy really knows cats.
This is so much like my cats, Scream to get out then scream to get right back in...then out...then in...then out then drag themselves in slow motion thru the whole process. This is so funny. I hope he makes more of these cartoons.