Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mmmmmmmm....Bacon!

Gail P
March 12th, 2008, 02:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Mmmmbacon.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Baaaaccconnnn.jpg

My daughter was eating breakfast in the living room one day and left it to go to the bathroom. Storm immediately went and took her place on the couch. I was about to remove her plate but he just laid there looking, not touching. I figured since I was right there at the kitchen table watching it was a good chance to reinforce "leave it". He was such a good boy, lots of looking but no touching. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
March 12th, 2008, 02:26 AM
What a good boy Storm! :thumbs up Thats some WillPower your dog has :D Was there lots of drool on the couch? :laughing:

KimandAutumn
March 12th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Such strong willpower.... how can anyone resist bacon! :)

Love4himies
March 12th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Good boy, Storm, guarding the bacon, hoping one will fall to neutral territory, the floor!!!

allymack
March 12th, 2008, 10:08 AM
ah, what a good boy. good choice to not move the plate and to reinforce the leave it, that must have been tough for him! he so cute :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Ah, the ultimate temptation! http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

Good job, Storm!!!! You make your mommy proud! :dog:

Frenchy
March 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
:laughing: good boy Storm :thumbs up

BeagleMum
March 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM
That would have been gone in seconds in my house without a doubt.

onster
March 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
lol..i bet there was a lot of drool left on the couch :laughing:

Good boy :thumbs up:D

Gail P
March 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
You know, if he did soak the couch my daughter never even noticed when she sat back down :laughing: Storm's not much of a drooler though. If it had been my collie Noah though, then we'd be talking puddles. He was probably outside at the time that picture was taken. Our dogs get lots of "leave it" practice, both with food and other stuff. We have so much clutter laying around the house, it's impossible to keep everything up out of the dogs reach. A neighbour was once surprised that our pups didn't steal and chew all of the gloves and stuff left laying on the bench inside the front door, (since her dogs will take gloves if she leaves them laying around), but since I'm always around with the dogs if they even try it they get corrected right away and redirected to an appropriate toy (of which they have TONS!) Right now, besides our other 4 dogs, we've got 3 border collie pups (Rain and Storm are only turning a year on the 18th of this month, and Flurry is 4 months), and I'm almost amazed that our house it still standing, especially since I've stopped crating Rain and Storm now when I go out to town or anywhere. They have been so good though, I'm very proud of them. :cloud9:

Gail P
March 12th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Good boy, Storm, guarding the bacon, hoping one will fall to neutral territory, the floor!!!

Exactly! Anything on the floor is fair game. You should see us in the chicken coop. I've got a new young bunch of hens that don't all lay their eggs in the next boxes. It's like a speed easter egg hunt when we go in. I try to get the eggs on the floor before the dogs do, and they try to get them before each other :laughing: Thunder will get one and take it outside away from the other dogs but Flurry, the youngest gobbles them down right where he is, quick as can be so he can find more (or steal somebody else's egg :rolleyes:) Just the ones on the floor though, they don't take them from the next boxes.

phoozles
March 12th, 2008, 03:48 PM
:laughing: If that was at my house my kitten would have wolfed it down in a second - she grabs the food off of our plates even while we're sitting there! :rolleyes:

Oh, how I wish the 'leave it' command worked on felines!

loopoo
March 13th, 2008, 12:17 AM
now that is a good dog :) guarding the food so no one else takes it:laughing: hehe sweet pic

chico2
March 13th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Gail P,this is the first I see of your posts,what a great life you must have,ALL those animals:cloud9:
Your pup Storm is sooo good not to snatch the bacon,maybe he got a little taste for beeing good,or maybe an extra treat:dog:

Gail P
March 13th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Gail P,this is the first I see of your posts,what a great life you must have,ALL those animals:cloud9:
Your pup Storm is sooo good not to snatch the bacon,maybe he got a little taste for beeing good,or maybe an extra treat:dog:

Yeah, they always get to clean up any leftovers and they're very good about waiting until we're done. If we have roast beef, pork or chicken they always get the trimmings and some gravy, and I also often cook them up their own soup or stew. Don't get me wrong, they don't eat all scraps and people food, they're on a kibble diet but they get some extras too, especially the dogs that are working hard, sledding in the winter. Maybe since they get their own they don't feel as much need to steal or beg for ours?

FancyAppy
March 16th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wow what a well behaved dog not to give in to the bacon urge. Hope he got a little reward for being so good. You take great care of your animals. It is alot of work to cook for pets but your guys really look great and it shows. All the pics you have posted are terrific.

Gail P
March 17th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Wow what a well behaved dog not to give in to the bacon urge. Hope he got a little reward for being so good. You take great care of your animals. It is alot of work to cook for pets but your guys really look great and it shows. All the pics you have posted are terrific.

Thanks so much, what a nice thing to say :cloud9: Your pics of your animals look great too. Unfortunately I'm on dial-up so my computer is really slow to load a lot of photos so I don't tend to browse around looking at other people's pics too much. High speed is supposed to be coming to our area soon. :fingerscr