Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hiccups.

Chibi
March 11th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Guinness sneezes, chews his own paws, and he also hiccups. He gets the hiccups when he wakes up, gets excited, or sometimes just at random. as adorable as it is, I've never seen a dog have the hiccups before... And certainly not this often!

I ask too many questions. D: Sorry.

Tommysmom
March 11th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Yep, my pup had the hiccups all the time when he was a baby... poor little thing, but it was just so funny to watch! He still gets them occasionally, too.

the gang
March 11th, 2008, 09:32 PM
they say a sign of growing :thumbs up

Kristin7
March 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I think hiccups are normal... my dog (also named Guinness) had them a lot when he was a pup, but once he reached a certain age, they stopped.

jealma
March 12th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Abby is 11 weeks and had the hicups last night. It was amusing and they passed so my guess was it was normal.

bendyfoot
March 12th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Now that I think about it, Jaida had hiccups a lot as a puppy. She hasn't in MONTHS though (she's about 16 months now).

Harley's_Mom
March 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Chewing his paws could be due to an allergy. What are you feeding him?

Chibi
March 13th, 2008, 04:50 PM
We are feeding him Nutram, which is a Canadian produced product. We switched him over from Origin (my Mum used Origin for her boxer and suggested I not use it, as she had not liked it at all) and the lady at the pet store suggested Nutram over Origin because they keep up to date with their formulas and it was what they switched all of their puppies onto when they came into the store. He is eating the puppy chow meant specifically for long haired breeds. I tried to feed him an Origin kibble as a healthy treat when he went outside, but he was not interested in it at all. He eats the Nutram pretty enthusiastically.