Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I feel like I might burst!

Chibi
March 11th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I have always been an animal lover. As a little girl I loved my cats so much I wanted to hug them and kiss them and squeeze them - but I didn't want to hurt them, so I would pet them nicely and tell them I loved them and would endure that happy feeling inside of me. :laughing: I KNOW that you all know the feeling I am talking about. The explodey feeling! Overwhelming joy and love.

I am so happy I have my puppy. My parents were so mad at me for spending the money on the little guy, but I knew that I needed him and he needed me, and I have not regretted it once!

So even though I want to kiss and rub and pet and roll around on the floor with Guinness, he is napping so I will leave him alone and remember to drown him in cuddles later.

There is no shame in expressing how much you love your pets! :D

rainbow
March 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
You are right....there is absolutely NO shame at all. :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

jealma
March 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I have a new 11 week old shih tzu, and I want to talk and talk and talk about her.. I"m so glad you have a new pet to love too.

Jealma

Chibi
March 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hurray for brand new puppies! He makes mistakes, and I have yet to get mad at him for any of them! (Like chewing through the computer speaker wires... That was a big no-no).

ancientgirl
March 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I agree with you a million percent!:lovestruck:

t.pettet
March 12th, 2008, 12:22 AM
1 million percent also.

Dracko
March 12th, 2008, 12:41 AM
:laughing: I can relate.

I did gave a public seminar today for work. At the end of it when I exited out of the Powerpoint they saw the background on my screen (one of my cats). Some of the people ooood and aaaahed so I continued on and showed them pictures of ALL my pets. :D

Gail P
March 12th, 2008, 02:02 AM
... kiss and rub and pet and roll around on the floor with ...

Guilty of all of the above :laughing: And I don't just love on them, they cuddle with me too, as can be seen

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/dogsonthebed2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/dogsonthebed.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/dogsonthebed3.jpg

ancientgirl
March 12th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Guilty of all of the above :laughing: And I don't just love on them, they cuddle with me too, as can be seen

:laughing: Looks like you need a bigger bed! I've got that same problem.

krdahmer
March 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
When I get that feeling, I take their furry little faces in my hands and plant as many kisses as they will tolerate on their gorgeous little foreheads! (They squirm away like 'quit it mom... you're slobbering on me!' :rolleyes:) And our days are never complete without cuddles in the bed right?! ;)

Chibi
March 12th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Look at all those dogs! :eek: And I thought one was trouble...

He was snuggled in with Mummy as soon as my boyfriend left for work. :whistle:

Ford Girl
March 12th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Me too, I admitt it, I love my critters soooooooo much, they are a part of my life in every way possible, and if I could...I'd spend every day with them :cloud9:...damn work, not fair! :mad:

I talk to them, kiss them, hug them, take a zillion pictures of them...love love love my critters...and if there is any place that you can feel safe bragging or ooooing over them, it's here. :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

We are all crazy for our critters, and some of us are just crazy. :crazy: :laughing:

Ford Girl
March 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Look at all those dogs! :eek: And I thought one was trouble...

He was snuggled in with Mummy as soon as my boyfriend left for work. :whistle:

Have you met Hazels pack yet? :lovestruck: :crazy: :lovestruck: :crazy: You'll want a pack of your own in no time...:laughing:

Chibi
March 12th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I haven't met Hazel's pack yet, no. :) I imagine I will soon though.

I find myself browsing the rescue ads in our area and sneaking in my boyfriend's favourite breeds (Beagles, Weimermars[sp?]) even though I know we can't get another dog right now, least of all a big one!

Gibbons
March 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Haha- now that I've started accumulating pets, I also want a pack of my own! My hubby and room mate currently are making jokes about it- "so, you're going to get a house in the country so you can have 6 cats, 6 dogs, and a couple of horses aren't you?"

My answer: "mayyyyybe..... " :cool:

At least hubby doesn't want a lot of kids too.

Gail P
March 13th, 2008, 01:29 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but my pack just kind of took on a life of it's own and "evolved" (without any breeding of my pets, they're all spayed/neutered) when I thought I needed "just one more" dog for sledding. Here's a funny little story I wrote about it.

From Pastime to Passion (http://racingrescues.com/about.htm#From_Pastime_to_Passion)

Oh yeah, that was written before I got Flurry, now there are 7, not 6 :laughing: