Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Roxy is amazing

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I do not know how I am going to be able to give her up. She has bonded with Kayla, Harley loves her. She lasted about 10 mins walking outside before slowing down...I do not know her real age, but she is a gem

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Helps if I post pictures.
Haha, can't out smart me, I am a rottweiler you know. I told you you can not trick me to go in there

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
and to show that things can work here :)

Frenchy
March 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM
:laughing: cute picture of Kayla between the 2 beasts :laughing:

Roxy is too cute ! :lovestruck:

susieqt
March 9th, 2008, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Rottielover;560568]I do not know how I am going to be able to give her up. Maybe you'll won't have to give her up;)?

I am so happy to see Harley, Kayla and Roxy all getting along! I am so happy that you have decided to foster Roxy, she was at the shelter for a little while and I am sure she is glad to be in a home!

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM
She is amazing....... After smelling harleys food, she did not want the other, LOL
Right now both are snoring away.
Oh ya, 1/2 through the trip, I decided to put her in the back with Harley, she was uncomfortable in the front.
They both lied down the whole way.
She had a little trip to Woofers too, and bought her some treats

rainbow
March 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM
That is amazing that everyone adjusted so well. :highfive: I predict another failed foster mom. :D :thumbs up

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hey...I have decided to use the crate to block her off in the kitchen tomorrow. I come home at lunch, so we will see how that goes.
I am also wondering if she may have a UTI because of the stress.
She pees quite often, and has had 3 booboos in the house..
My mistake of course. So going to speak to my vet about it, just to be sure

breeze
March 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
She looks like such a sweety!!!!

luckypenny
March 9th, 2008, 09:37 PM
You must be so relieved she settled in so well. I adore the pic with both Harley and Roxy on either side of Kayla :lovestruck: . I'm gonna have a hard time telling the two apart if I can't see their collars :laughing: .

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 09:43 PM
You must be so relieved she settled in so well. I adore the pic with both Harley and Roxy on either side of Kayla :lovestruck: . I'm gonna have a hard time telling the two apart if I can't see their collars :laughing: .

Me too. That's a great shot! I was thinking the same thing about telling them apart :D

Wonderful that everyone gets along great, I'm so glad Harley is not having issues guarding Kayla from Roxy. :highfive: I would suggest (if your not already) to have Kayla greet Harley before Roxy whenever possible, just to avoid guarding ;)

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Rottielover - I forgot to say Harley looks fantastic :thumbs up

CyberKitten
March 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Do you HAVE to give her up? If you want her, I don't see why you cannot keep her. :) I DO realize the point of fostering but I know it's tough! But it's only one right. They all look so cozy together! I too especially like the pict if the little girl with the doggies. Very cute photo!

want4rain
March 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM
i was thinking to myself 'gee, which one is HERS.... everyone else knows... im sure of it.... they can tell Hazels spotted dogs apart...'

good to know im not a total doofus!!

you ready to join the club of FFM's?? (failed foster moms)

-ashley

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing about telling them apart :D

:laughing: I've got it now - Roxy's eyebrows are a much much lighter tan colour and bigger than Harley's ....... In the pic with Kayla left to right Roxy, Kayla, Harley :D

:laughing: W4R - Hazel's dogs are easy they're different colours & sizes ;)

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
we just got back from a walk, Harley and Roxy.
Did not pee this walk, but she also have not pooed yet. Hopefully that will be held in until we walk in the morning

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I'm guessing they walk together great too eh? :goodvibes:

Have ya filled out the adoption papers yet? ;) :laughing:

Rottielover
March 9th, 2008, 10:33 PM
She also whines to get on furnature, she looked at me with her head on my bed whinning to get up. She would not jump up until I allowed her too.
OMG I am in heaven

diandpat
March 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Ya, but did you let her on the bed? lol I'll bet her head was cocked to the side, too, right? She is just gorgeous. What rescue is she with?

hazelrunpack
March 9th, 2008, 11:16 PM
She's just gorgeous, RL, and she's fitting in so well! :cloud9: Harley looks pretty smug in that picture with Kayla and Roxy, too. :D (Finally, Mom got me a Lovely Lady to hang out with. :dog:)

loopoo
March 10th, 2008, 12:23 AM
awww that is awesome, i havent read all the posts tonight so didnt realize you are fostering her.. but she looks so happy where she is right now too:D

TeriM
March 10th, 2008, 02:40 AM
She's beautiful :lovestruck:. I'm glad things are going so well for you :thumbs up.

Rottielover
March 10th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Ok, the issue is indeed marking, I nailed her just as she went right next to the cat litter box again.
So it seems she is trying to overwhelm the cats smell.
I have now blocked that room off, so only the cats can go. :fingerscr That this will work.
Last night I did not sleep. I went to bed at 11:30, just as I was going to bed with 2 dogs, my daughter woke up crying.
Not 2 secs later, Roxy ran right up to her and licked her hand.
I asked her to get off the bed and Kayla came in.
Then Harley got down, so I invited Roxy up again.
When Roxy got up, harley wanted up. So I had 2 large dogs, and a kid in my bed last night. Man am I tired

clm
March 10th, 2008, 07:32 AM
You're going to need a bigger bed :laughing:

Sounds to me like Roxy is a perfect fit right where she is. Harley may end up missing her as much as you if you adopt her out.

I love the pic with the dogs on either side of your daughter.

Cindy

Rottielover
March 10th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I was doing a full body massage, do not ask, and I found a small lump on Roxy's belly. I am going to tell the shelter, But I think I may want to have it looked at myself....
She is such a good girl, did not flinch with me touching it

chico2
March 10th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Rottielover,I had to do some research to find out who Roxy is,found her in the TJT-thread,not fair:laughing:but I guess I should check in there ever now and then..
Roxy looks amazing and Harley is such a good boy:lovestruck:
How is Roxy with the cats,or how are the cats with Roxy???
:grouphug:to you for"fostering"her:dog:
Looked at Kayla and the pics with the snake etc...you have done a wonderful thing with her,she obviously loves ALL animals,wish all parents would bring their kids up like you have sweet Kayla.:lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 10th, 2008, 09:48 AM
That is amazing that everyone adjusted so well. :highfive: I predict another failed foster mom. :D :thumbs up

hehe, me too!

Rottielover
March 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM
She is EVERYTHING I want in a dog, things I wish harley was, calmer. She can easily make a therapy dog, and do this breed some good.
Unfortunetly as things stand, I can not financially keep her,. Harley put me in poor house :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Rottielover
April 26th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Well, SHE IS MINE :)

Chris21711
April 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Just like that, no details:confused:Is she getting along with Harley now:)