Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat acne??

Magicwildwolf69
March 9th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hey guys :)

A couple of weeks ago when i got my kitten fixed the vet mentioned the kitten had acne. She said she probably got it from eating out of a plastic dish. Has anyone every heard of this? Just wondering seems weird cats get acne like humans. :shrug:

BusterKitty
March 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I think it's pretty common. I've heard that a lot of cats have it and it's usually something related to feeding. Another possibility is that your cat is allergic to the food but your vet is also right. I don't know how to treat it(somebody told me but I forget:laughing:) but don't worry. Your vet and other members will have answers =)

Frenchy
March 9th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yes you should change his food dish for something else than plastic. If the pimples are under his chin you can dab a bit of alcohol on them to make them go away. :)

Maxine
March 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I had a foster cat that had acne, they gave me a jar of solid gold animal skin cream. It worked :) It's around 11 bucks (just looked it up google...) Good luck!

krdahmer
March 9th, 2008, 09:26 PM
All of my cats had it when I was using plastic bowls... pretty common I think, I changed to glass, crystal and stainless steel and problem solved.

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Like everyone says, very common in cats who eat out of plastic bowls - including platic water bowls. Actually dogs get it too.

Stainless steels & non-porous ceramic are my two choices for feeding bowls.

Love4himies
March 10th, 2008, 10:07 AM
According to my previous vet in AB, cats can also get ringworm from eating out of plastic bowls.

Magicwildwolf69
March 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
hmmm funny my vet found ring worm on my cat...:shrug:

Been looking for different bowls now...going to probably get them today...wonder if the plastic does cause the ring worm...which reminds me i need to get the kitten stormy in to have her weighed because she needs her dose she got to miss it the first time cause she had stiches and i couldn't pick her up lol lucky thing :rolleyes:

sugarcatmom
March 10th, 2008, 04:00 PM
hmmm funny my vet found ring worm on my cat...:shrug:

Careful, ringworm is highly contagious. It's even possible to get it from your cat.