Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

No PetSmart in MTL?

duttypaws
March 9th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Is there a petsmart in montreal if not is there somewhere similar I can go to buy all my kitty supplies?!

Also... can a cat go in a soft pet carrier or just the hard ones?!

jiorji
March 9th, 2008, 01:59 PM
well it depends....what are you using your carrier for??

if it's for trains/planes....they don't let you use soft carriers.

Maxine
March 9th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Hi Duttypaws!! I don't know about Petsmart, however there is Mondou that sells pet supplies but don't sell any pets, so that might be a good alternative!! There is a lot of Mondou in montreal, you can look it up in the yellowpages :)

duttypaws
March 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM
oooh thanks well im wanting a carrier to go to the vet or when I pick them up and well when i go to collect the cats....

Thanks I will look for that as in the UK I would have gone to petsmart and got it all in one trip...

I've just filled in a form for a 5 year old cat at animal rescue network (who i cant seem to forget her from the picture......) Lucky. (http://arn-rsa.rescuegroups.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=11529) I hope they get in touch... shes neutered etc etc... and will be a little more independant for a kitten... im hoping that she will accept the kitten though when it arrives in June/July.

duttypaws
March 11th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I found a Mondu next to my apartment (maybe i should open my eyes when im on the bus!!!) going to go tomorrow and start to get things...

Going to see the kitty on Sunday. :cloud9:

phoozles
March 11th, 2008, 04:11 PM
well it depends....what are you using your carrier for??

if it's for trains/planes....they don't let you use soft carriers.

Actually, quite a few airlines DO allow soft carriers - so you can actually store your kitty under your seat during your flight - I know that WestJet does, and I believe there are a few others that do as well - you just need to pay an extra fee (around $40 or so). I got one specifically to transport Jake back with me to Fort McMurray, but then I didn't end up going. :shrug:

duttypaws
March 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
well just now its to collect her and take her to the vet etc...

if I have to ever move back to the uk i will get a hard carrier and bring her home under the plane seat.... American Airlines and Lufthansa and KLM all do it :) (worst case as I plan on staying here for a long long time)

rainbow
March 11th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Lucky is very pretty :lovestruck: ....have you heard anything yet? :goodvibes:

duttypaws
March 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Lucky is very pretty :lovestruck: ....have you heard anything yet? :goodvibes:

yes im going to see her sunday at the shelter... all i know is she has been there for 3 and half years :cry: and is rather shy... and suffers from a leaking ear at times (not sure what this means fully but my cat at home had this once...)... but im taking her none the less... they also said they would hang onto her for 4 weeks till i move so she doesnt get too stressed... now if she was to follow me home on sunday... :rolleyes:

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 12th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Lucky is so pretty... please let us know what happens. I had soft carriers for my boys...they tended to eat their way through it... :wall: So I got hard ones... my vet actually had second-hand hard carriers... totally cleaned and in perfect shape for about $10 each... (the money was donated to an animal shelter) Did you check your vet??

Frenchy
March 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
all i know is she has been there for 3 and half years :cry:

Oh that poor cat :sad: I hope everything works out ! :goodvibes:

Boubou
March 12th, 2008, 10:06 PM
There is a Petcetera in Greenfield Park on the south shore of Montreal. It's very similar to a Petsmart....

duttypaws
March 16th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Oh that poor cat :sad: I hope everything works out ! :goodvibes:

I went to see her today... 2 hours after playing with every cat there :D ... i met lucky :lovestruck: (will become Poppy! although from her tummy size she should be buddah!)... and I also fell in love with a little black cat who was staring at me nosily (till i was told she tilts her head due to an infection as a kitten... she just always looks interested) .... so ive came home to figure out if I want 2 cats ... I am waiting to take them once I move apt in a few weeks as I think 2 moves in 1 month would really upset her.

I learned today about Polydactyl cats as lucky is one (ive never seen one in the UK!)... she has bad problems with it though as from what i could see the position of it as soon as it gets ever so slightly long it digs in... so the vet there said i should see about having just that nail removed (it looks like 2 nails coming out one pad!)... also they think she has a polyp in her ear... so not quite sure what that means... as she has a leaky ear :( .. so erm our first outing will be to the vet...

any recommendations for a vet in NDG!? :confused:
Also have to go look for a soft pet carrier...

Frenchy
March 16th, 2008, 07:09 PM
any recommendations for a vet in NDG!? :confused:
Also have to go look for a soft pet carrier...

Yes , I'll pm you.

For the carrier , I don't know if there's a JE Mondoux near your place ?

duttypaws
March 16th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yes , I'll pm you.

For the carrier , I don't know if there's a JE Mondoux near your place ?

There is a JE Mondoux! :) i spotted it on the bus on the way home down sherbrooke today :)
i think i will go along this week to get stuff (litter tray etc :) I just know im going to end up home with 2... even after my boyfriend going take 1 after i told him the whole they are friends stories.... i want them all....he said she would be fine on her own.... (mean man) :goodvibes: (now where could i put 150 cats! Lol)