- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

Could not Belive My Eyes in West Edmonton Mall

March 9th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Mike droped me off at West Edmonton mall, Wanted to see what all the hype was about..

My biggest desision was to head to the attractions or shop lol :laughing:
I did both:D

first off the pool, yup you heard right a pool right in the mall !!!!

March 9th, 2008, 11:33 AM
they had everything there
A Bar
Water slides
Wave pool

March 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Onto the next attraction

an indoor skating rink.. they have leasons there, but when I went they were having just skating.. you could rent skates if you wanted..

March 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Still more attrations..

here there were seal show at 2 or 4pm I missed the show :sad:they also have an underwater tour in submarins,

March 9th, 2008, 11:41 AM
They even had a mini golf...

remember every has a fee so I just enjoyed the sites..

March 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM
No stoping here onto the amusment park..
There was soooo much to see!!!

March 9th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I will open another thread cause there is still alot of pictures

March 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM
OMG that pool is crazyyyyy ! :crazy: and there's a bar !!!! :cloud9: I can't believe the slides , would have love to have a mall like that when I was younger.

March 9th, 2008, 12:54 PM
I was there in 1986, but my dad wasn't much of a sightseer so we didn't see everything. I remember the submarine and the ice skating (it was July when I went). I thought it was pretty cool!!!!

March 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
i was there a while back, i remember seeing seals...i think??? maybe i'm remebering wrong, but the place where the pirate ship is, maybe thats the submarines?? hehe, its just an amazing mall

March 9th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I have heard so many good things about the West Edmonton Mall and have it on my "to do" list. :D Thanks for sharing the pics, Breeze. :thumbs up

March 9th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Brings back memories... I did the "look and take pictures" tour a dozen or so years ago. I had no money so it was a good place to go "shopping", well it was actually just cheap sightseeing but it was fun anyways.
I found it all rather unbelievable and in some ways kinda odd - like you said, all the stores were the same, just when you walked out of the store and into a skating rink you did a double take.
I think I had to run through much of the mall cause i didn't have much time and wanted to see everything. I remember thinking that they should rent golf carts :D

March 9th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Wow! I've heard about the mall but never seen pictures, it looks crazy !! A must see and do, I agree. Thanks for sharing!

March 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I live in Saskatchewan and go to Edmonton a few times a year but have never went to the WEM cuz I always hear the horror stories of how busy it is. I love seeing your pictures as I've never seen any before. I knew they had a pool but no idea there was a skating rink, too!!!

March 9th, 2008, 04:10 PM
no one look at me like I was a tourist, cause everyone had a camera, I was not the only one.:D

here is the other link to the other page with even more pictures..

March 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
WOW,that's amazing,I would dive in to that pool and pretend I am in the Carribean:laughing:

March 9th, 2008, 08:22 PM
WOW,that's amazing,I would dive in to that pool and pretend I am in the Carribean:laughing:

only if my legs were shaved and I was able to get my bathing suit out of my suit case.. The hotel we stayed at checck in time was only at 3;00 and we did not know.....

March 9th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Looks pretty amazing doesn't it and that red slide has got to be 5-6 stories high :eek: I knew about the water park but didn't know there was a skating rink too!

Thanks for the virtual tour :D great shots :thumbs up

March 9th, 2008, 08:26 PM
It's hard to capture everything... it was soooo big!!

I wanted to go skating but I did not have my skates and would have to rent them..

March 9th, 2008, 10:39 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't think we're in Kansas any more, Toto! :eek:

That is really something!

*runs off to check out other thread*

ETA: I don't believe your eyes, either, breeze! :eek:

March 10th, 2008, 09:00 AM
nope we were not in Kansas any more, and I did not have my ruby slippers either, so I just walked around with an amazed look on my face :laughing::laughing:

Rick C
March 10th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I've gone down the biggest water slide there . . . . . what a hoot!!!

Rick C

March 10th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I've gone down the biggest water slide there . . . . . what a hoot!!!

Rick C

thats a little to high for my likings,:eek: so even if I did go swimming there I would not go down that one nope nope nope.....