Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Product Recall: Cat Vitamins

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I don't know if any of you guys use this, but I thought I'd post it. I saw it this morning.

Product Recalls: cat vitamins

By The Associated Press Sat Mar 8, 5:33 AM ET

The following recall has been announced:

_The Hartz Mountain Corp. is recalling 739 bottles of Hartz Vitamin Care for Cats because the product might be contaminated with salmonella, which could infect pets and people who come into contact with the cat vitamins. No reports of illnesses have been reported, according to the Secaucus, N.J., company.

Salmonella can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections, especially in young children, frail or elderly people and others with weakened immune systems. Symptoms include fever, diarrhea, nausea and abdominal pain in both people and cats.

The recalled cat vitamins, with the lot code No. SZ 22771, were distributed nationwide. The company recalled 3,600 bottles in November, also due to possible salmonella contamination.

For more information, consumers can call Hartz at 800-275-1414.

Love4himies
March 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks for letting us know, ancientgirl.:thumbs up

NoahGrey
March 8th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up:)

ACO22

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I just hope nobody here uses these!

sugarcatmom
March 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Hartz products have been involved in a number of recalls over the years. I personally wouldn't touch anything with the Hartz name on it.

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
They've been around for so long. I've never even thought about using their products. For some reason they've always just seemed so "cheap" to me.