Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

please help dog

dsalvalz
March 8th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. While throughout the day my 8 year old shep. hound mix was running and acting fine and normal. When I came in from working outside the dog was lying down and acting funny. I called the dog over only to see him stumble and take a face plant onto the floor. I let the dog outside only to see the dog not be able to walk rite and keep tumbling over and face planting. It seemed as if a back leg was broke. When the dog lays down his eyes twitch and track non stop back and forth. I have no clue what the problem is but he is in the vets now. Could anyone please help with what the best chance syndrome he has is?? Thanks so much

Winston
March 8th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Welcome! you did the most important thing you could have by getting him into the vets! Lets hope the news is good...Could he have gotten into anything that could have poisoned him? or some time of neurological issues?? Pls let us know what the vets says and know we are thinking about you! :thumbs up

Cindy

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Welcome! you did the most important thing you could have by getting him into the vets!

Absolutely :thumbs up . Unfortunately we can't diagnose your pup here dsalvalz. Did you go when he was brought in? If so, what did the vet say? If not, I'm sure your vet will have some news for you soon.

:fingerscr for a speedy diagnosis and recovery.

sugarcatmom
March 8th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds a lot like Vestibular Syndrome (http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_vestibular_disease.html).

Hoping he recovers quickly!

dsalvalz
March 8th, 2008, 12:29 PM
actually vestibular disease was the diag. I don't know what chance of recovery he will have but I plan on doing research and I hope it isn't a stroke...a stroke sounded as having similar symptoms.

badger
March 8th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Several people here have had animals recover completely from middle ear infections, including me (although in my case, it was a cat). It takes time, but they do get over it.