Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LP's Version of Snow, Snow, and More Snow

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 12:05 PM
My apologies to fellow members who are experiencing any inconveniences due to all this snow :sad: .

But this stuff sure beats the unbearable heat/humidity our summers bring :thumbs up . :laughing: Feel free to mock me when I start whining/ranting about the quicksand in the yard, and the never-ending chore of scrubbing mud up off the floors and dogs, in a month's time :D .

1. Begging to come in out of the cold???? Nope. Eagerly awaiting on Mom to come out and play :D .

2. Keeping me warm :cloud9: .

3. "Whacha got there Mom???"

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 12:07 PM
"Sardines anyone???" Good doggies!

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hubby blocking my access to the warmth of the house when my butt was numb from the cold and soaking wet from the snow :frustrated: :laughing: .

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I buried a bunch of sardines in the snow covering the dogs' garden and let them have a blast digging them up.

Oh my, what did I start :eek: ? I promise to post pics next month when they're digging like demons in the mud :laughing: .

Daddy's taking his turn with them outside now. Can't wait to lock the doors and disappear :evil: .

ps. snowsuit's in the dryer for our next play session in the yard this afternoon :thumbs up . More snow coming, yeah!!!!

Rottielover
March 8th, 2008, 12:40 PM
wohoo, can we come and play too :), I also love snow, were as all my friends hate it.
So beats mud, yuck...
I love the pics

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM
What great pictures! I'd love to run around in the snow right about now.

I'm all too aware of how bad the heat and humidity is.

CearaQC
March 8th, 2008, 12:55 PM
It's spring break down in Florida now, or so my friend in South Beach told me last night.

I don't envy your hurricanes down there though.

LP that's a great idea about burying sardines!

Yours seem to come from a package :confused:and I've only seen the ones in a tin.

wdawson
March 8th, 2008, 01:12 PM
great snow dog pics:thumbs up

bu i can't wait for.

http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/5.gif

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 01:17 PM
It's spring break down in Florida now, or so my friend in South Beach told me last night.

I don't envy your hurricanes down there though.

LP that's a great idea about burying sardines!

Yours seem to come from a package :confused:and I've only seen the ones in a tin.

No, the hurricanes are very scary.

I'm also curious about the sardines. I've never seen them in a package like that.

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I love the sardines picture :laughing: but LP , isn't raining at your place now ? We're having freezing rain here right now :frustrated:

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I get them in the frozen fish section at a small grocery store in an 'Eastern European,' so to speak, district in town where I work. I have seen them at one of our grocery stores where I live but it's relatively more expensive. I pay about $3.50 for a 750g bag of Pentinga small sardines and just a little under 3$ for 800g Cavalinha Mackerel (also from Portugal). The import company, and the name on the bag is Ferma.

Lucky won't eat canned fish or anything that smells fishy. But he's good with the raw ones although they have to be frozen solid.

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I love the sardines picture :laughing: but LP , isn't raining at your place now ? We're having freezing rain here right now :frustrated:

Yes it is. And It's getting quite windy too. Just have to double up on the layers :D .

:fingerscr I hope the rain will stop soon though :o . We're supposed to be going out for a yummy supper.

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
We're supposed to be going out for a yummy supper.
I hope it's not too far !

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I wanna come to your house and play in the snow...but I don't have a snow suit... :D It does look like fun!!!! The Pack wants to come, too! :dog:

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 01:59 PM
We have plenty of extras here HRP :thumbs up . Maybe we can borrow FordGirl's jet and have it pick you all up.

:eek: I just envisioned 11 doggies digging up sardines in the yard :laughing: .

hazelrunpack
March 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
:eek: I just envisioned 11 doggies digging up sardines in the yard :laughing: .

:eek:

maybe you should come here--we'll just drop the sardines in the mole holes...he he Our holes are already in place...it'll save a lot of work!

Plus, if they're really stinky sardines, maybe the moles won't come back this spring! :thumbs up :fingerscr

(But I'll take you up on that snow suit offer...just pack an extra :laughing:)

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 03:20 AM
Love the first pic :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

The "Whacha got there Mom???" Pic looks like they all decided to dog pile on you LP :laughing: pun intended :laughing:

rainbow
March 9th, 2008, 03:29 AM
It looks like you and the fuzzbutts had a blast. :D I love the "sardines anyone" pic. :lovestruck:

Love4himies
March 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I LOVE the "Sardines anyone" picture!

I like the snow too, no bugs, but can't enjoy my kitties in it :sad:, they won't go out. I love to walk my kitties early in the morning with my coffee in the summer.

loopoo
March 9th, 2008, 11:05 PM
i love the pics :) and the sardine one :) when dogs line up like that it always makes me smile.. for treats i mean

TeriM
March 10th, 2008, 01:33 AM
That is a great pic of you with Lucky and Ava :thumbs up and I love the shots with the three of them all lined up :cloud9:.

breeze
March 10th, 2008, 07:48 AM
they sure love their Sardines !!!!

everyone looks like they love the snow!!! (I don't blame them it's soooo much fun out there!!)

shane 123
March 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM
You sure look like you're enjoying that snow...we have about the same here but for some reason I am plain fed up with it, although like you say, better than in a month or so when we will be keeping bath towels at the door to dry off the muddy dogs and mop up the muddy floors....sigh...never happy....lol.
Love your sardine idea, first time anyone has ever talked about that...you can just guess where I'll be going this afternoon...shopping for sardines. It sure beats having my dogs dig up poopsicles....