Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feli-Way,Nutri-Vet diffusers..

chico2
March 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I had such success with the Feli-Way pheromene(sp?)diffusers,Rocky stopped spraying 99,9%,it was great,I had 2 diffusers in the rooms the cats use most.
Then after about 5 weeks I ran out,could not find Feli-Way anymore,bought Nutri-Vet diffusers and they definetly do not work:yell:
So back to the old drawing board and cleaning up pee..:wall:
I've checked ALL the stores her in Oakville,my next step will be on line,I am soo disappointed.
My old vet sold it,but at double the price from the store,I won't pay $44 for each refill,when they were only $22 in the stores.

sugarcatmom
March 7th, 2008, 06:19 PM
If you can't find them, I have no problem picking some up here in Calgary and shipping them over to you. Just say the word!

BusterKitty
March 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Are they out of stock or just suddenly stopped selling it? Cuz it's strange.:shrug:Hope you can get some Feli-Way soon.

Winston
March 7th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Chico I work with someone who found out the same thing you are and he just started using them recently and was very impressed.. Here is what we found out...The problem seems to be shipping to Canada.. The diffusers are not CSA approved and also the packagin is not up to Cdn standards. However, he searched on line and found 1 company that will ship to Canada. He is not sure how they are getting around it but he was able to but a few of them just in case. If you would like I will get the link for you when I go back in to work Monday. He did keep it for me just in case anyone needs it.

Cindy

want4rain
March 7th, 2008, 09:47 PM
oh my gosh, one of us american kids should do the american thing!!!

open a Black Market Feli-way Diffuser shipping line!!!!

-ashley

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 07:48 AM
SCM,thank you for the offer,I certainly might take you up on it,if they are still available in Alberta.
One of my sons live in Vermilion,Alta,but I doubt they have a big petsupply store there.
I have 3 diffusers,I only need the refills,here the refills were $22-$27,if they are $45,I'll have to suffer with spraying:frustrated:
Next time we go to the US,I'll stock up,for sure.

Pet-Smart(all 3 stores in my area) where I bought the original ones,have been giving me the run-around,but finally yesterday,a woman at one store said they are not carrying it anymore:yell:
I told her the Nutri-Vet does not work,but that's what they will be selling from now on..
No other store does either...
I hope the reason for stopping it is not because of danger to the cats:confused:

Winston
March 8th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Chico it is not because of any danger to the cats that I know of. There are 2 issues. The first one is that they are not CSA approved and the second is the packaing laws we have in Canada are stopping it from being shipped. It doesnt print everything on it that Canada requires. The second part can be changed rather quickly but getting it CSA approved may take a little longer.

As I mentioned you can order these on line but I will have to give you the website on Monday when I return to work. This is the only location that will still ship to Canada apparently.

I will post it for you Monday.

Cindy

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Ok,thank's Winston,I don't want to bother Sugarcatmom if there is another way:cat:
I was told Nutri-Vet has the same ingredients but it is certainly not working in my house.

Winston
March 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
My friend at work said the same thing..he has 3 cats that without it one of them is given meds !! He tried it and said it was not working the way Feliway was?? I also mentioned the diffusers to another girl at work that was using the spray and she also said it made a world of difference...I have not used them personally yet but if I ever have to Feliway seems to be the one I would use. I'll keep you posted Chico..

Cindy

sugarcatmom
March 8th, 2008, 12:22 PM
What about eBay? There is an eBay store in New York called Whiskers and Wags (http://stores.ebay.com/Whiskers-Wags-and-More) that's selling 2 Feliway refills for $31.95 US plus $6.95 for shipping to Canada, totalling less than $40.00 CDN. The only catch would be if customs caught it and dinged you for GST, but it would still be less than the $44 each from the vet. http://cgi.ebay.com/Cat-Pet-Farnam-Comfort-Zone-Feliway-Plug-In-TWO-REFILLS_W0QQitemZ300203851652QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11 6361QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l 1262
You could email them to find out if they've had any problems shipping Feliway to Canada before.

I'm going to PetSmart today so I'll check to see if it's still available here.

badger
March 8th, 2008, 01:07 PM
My vet has refills, but the price is ridiculous - $57!! I'd be happy to mail you one if you can't get it easily for less.
An anecdote: one of the cats would spray the wall behind the kitchen counter on a daily basis. I could never catch him in the act but had my suspicions :evil:. It got to the point where I couldn't leave anything on that counter, for fear it would be targeted. One day, I was cleaning up yet again and inadvertently left a small pail of water containing bleach behind. The spraying stopped, even after I removed the pail. Coincidence?

duttypaws
March 8th, 2008, 02:00 PM
amazon.com sell them

pack of 6 refills for just over $80

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 02:27 PM
SCM,thanks,I ordered the pair of refills from E-Bay,total cost $38+,you just cannot beat that.:thumbs up
If everything works out fine,I know I can get them from there.

Hopefully it does not take a month to get it.
I've never dealt with E-Bay before..oh,oh:laughing:

Duttypaws,I am going to check amazon.com too,is it not only for books???
Badger WOW,$57 for a refill thats even more than the $44 my old vet charged.
If I put a container with bleach anywhere,Rocky or one of the others will find another spot:yell:
Are you sure it's only one cat that sprays?? Usually the others will follow:yell:

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I don't know if this will help, but a woman at my vet's office gave me this site for supplies not long ago.

Vet America (http://www.vetamerica.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=Feliway&image.x=0&image.y=0)

The site does say they ship outside the US, but I don't know how much it woudl cost you. They sell the refill for $15.99

sugarcatmom
March 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM
I don't know if this will help, but a woman at my vet's office gave me this site for supplies not long ago.

Vet America (http://www.vetamerica.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=Feliway&image.x=0&image.y=0)

The site does say they ship outside the US, but I don't know how much it woudl cost you. They sell the refill for $15.99

I calculated the shipping to send to Calgary and it came to $19.98, for a grand total of $35.98. Still cheaper than the vet, but I always hate it when the shipping costs more than the product you're buying.

duttypaws
March 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM

amazon america is selling them im not sure if they mail to Canada but i used to get stuff to the uk from them :)

sugarcatmom
March 8th, 2008, 03:58 PM
amazon america is selling them im not sure if they mail to Canada but i used to get stuff to the uk from them :)

Unfortunately they won't ship Feliway to Canada, I've checked it out in the past.

ancientgirl
March 8th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I calculated the shipping to send to Calgary and it came to $19.98, for a grand total of $35.98. Still cheaper than the vet, but I always hate it when the shipping costs more than the product you're buying.

Yes, that happened to me recently. I didn't realize it until after I'd made the order, which kind of ticked me off.:frustrated:

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Well,shipping on my E-Bay order was $6,98 US,even if GST is added,it will still be cheaper than anywhere else,also I will HAVE it,which is the most important:thumbs up
I send carepackages to my son in Alberta every month and it costs about $13.

sugarcatmom
March 8th, 2008, 08:21 PM
So I went to PetSmart and they're not carrying Feliway anymore here in Calgary either :sad:. I guess it wasn't a big seller.

krdahmer
March 8th, 2008, 11:04 PM
I've never dealt with E-Bay before..oh,oh:laughing:

Ebay is great Chico, I buy lots there have not had a problem yet other than having to really watch shipping, some really overcharge. Most that I've dealt with also have ways around the customs charges for you.

Unfortunately they won't ship Feliway to Canada, I've checked it out in the past.

Ya Amazon.com has a lot of great stuff that the .ca doesn't but they won't ship to canada... gr!

chico2
March 9th, 2008, 08:22 AM
My son said NOT to deal we E-Bay:yell:although he has on many occasions:confused:NOT to pay with credit card(which I did),I am not too worried about that,we check purchases every day if something is amiss,MC will fix it.
Also since I am a newbie with this,E-Bay asked me to change my"cookie setting"to"accept cookies"which I did,should I have done that?:confused:
Sorry,we've had a PC since the very first PC eons ago,but this is new to me:shrug:

chico2
March 9th, 2008, 08:28 AM
SCM,I thought that would be the case,but thank's for checking:cat:
When I bought my first 2 Feliways at Pet-Smart,I asked if they would get refills and he said to call in a couple of weeks.
I did and I kind of got the run-around,they never told me they stopped selling it,until last week.
I told them the Nutri-Vet does not work the same,they said it should,since it has Feli-Way in it,SURE:yell:

ancientgirl
March 9th, 2008, 11:03 AM
My son said NOT to deal we E-Bay:yell:although he has on many occasions:confused:NOT to pay with credit card(which I did),I am not too worried about that,we check purchases every day if something is amiss,MC will fix it.
Also since I am a newbie with this,E-Bay asked me to change my"cookie setting"to"accept cookies"which I did,should I have done that?:confused:
Sorry,we've had a PC since the very first PC eons ago,but this is new to me:shrug:

You might also want to get a paypal account, if you plan on buying more of them at ebay. You can have it connect to your bank account for purchases. You can even have people send you money that way.

duttypaws
March 9th, 2008, 11:36 AM
hmm oh they may not mail it as its a liquid... *boo*

is this worth buying if you dont want your cat to scratch all over?!

sugarcatmom
March 9th, 2008, 12:46 PM

Personally, I love eBay. I've purchased everything from diabetes supplies to ink cartridges for my printer to a stethoscope so I could monitor Aztec's heart rate. I've never had a problem, although I have heard of others that occasionally get the runaround from a seller, usually when buying stuff like DVDs or video games. The key is to look at the seller's feedback score (the Whiskers and Wags store has 100% out of more than 1700 responses, which is as good as it gets).

About the cookie setting on your PC, if you want you can change it back now that you've made your purchase. Here's everything you ever wanted to know about cookies: http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq/#1.1

chico2
March 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Ancientgirl,I saved the Vet America site and will look in to it a bit more,thank's!

SCM,reading about the Cookies,it seems ok to keep it the way it is now,if this works out I might just keep on buying it off E-Bay:fingerscr

As for it beeing liquid,I am not too worried,the package will be quite small,just two little boxes,we'll see..

ancientgirl
March 9th, 2008, 07:48 PM
chico, they've got a lot of stuff on there. You could always use them as maybe a backup.

Four Cats
March 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Hi Chico,

I was so impressed by your success with Feliway I've decided to give it a try. I phoned my local vet and they charge €45 for the plug in defuser, I then tried an online pet shop, they wanted €35 + postage so I tried ebay and they were only 15 + 3.40 postage, which works out at just over €25 (I live in S.Ireland) so it goes without saying that ordered one from there. It is the English ebay site which is www.ebay.co.uk - might be worth giving it a try and see what postage would be to Canada.

My three year old tom (nutured at 6 months) has started spraying since a couple of stray cats found their way in through the cat flap. Even though the strays don't come in any more, he can't seem to be able to stop himself now he's got the hang of it!! Will I really need 2 defusers for an ordinary size room?

Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Four Cats.:pawprint:

chico2
March 10th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Four Cats,I have 2 diffusers in the rooms my cats use the most,if yours are mostly in one room,one is plenty.
I only bought the second one after I found out it was working.:thumbs up
Also try to get rid of the smell from the other cats,here we have something called Natures Miracle and it does clean off any cat-smells.
All 3 of my cats were neutered at 6 months or older,my vet at the time,believed they would have small heads if done to early,but I certainly know better now.
Good Luck!

duttypaws
March 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
All 3 of my cats were neutered at 6 months or older,my vet at the time,believed they would have small heads if done to early,but I certainly know better now.
Good Luck!

urm... :eek: :p

I was reading about it and *dur I live in Canada now* but Im thinking about getting it for when I bring home my rescue to calm her a little .... :confused::confused: also telling my mum about it in the UK as one of our cats there get soooo upset going to the vet.. :( ...

chico2
March 10th, 2008, 04:49 PM
duttypaws,there is a spray also,that you can use for vet-visits,moves etc..I believe you spray the room and the cat will calm down enough to take to the vet.
I never tried it though,it takes 2 people to get one of my cats in to the carrier to go to the vet.
Stressful for him and me:frustrated:

duttypaws
March 10th, 2008, 05:02 PM
oooh i will let mum know whenever we take Buffy to the vet (and she likes the carrier.. its the same each time (in her head) oooooh box... *enters box*... uhoh ) she cries, vomits and poos in the box.... so much to the point my mum pays extra for the vet to come to the house for her monthly kidney injections. :cloud9:

My mum leaves the box out for a day or so before we go usually... although we have found hugo (the dog) trying to get into it.. hes not the brightest poochie