Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

EVOO, that's Extra Virgin Olive Oil for you non cooks

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Some of you saw the post yesterday Rainbow posted about Rachel Ray doing a pet food show.

Now, I can't stand watching the woman because she just rubs me the wrong way, but I have to admit, I like her ideas for meals. So a couple of weeks ago I actually ordered one of her cook books. I figure, hey, at least this way I don't have to deal with watching her and the things that drives me nuts about her.

Well I was wrong.:laughing:

In EVERY recipe that you have to add her favorite item, it's written like this:

EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)

I was looking at a recipe that had 3 different components. It was for taquitos. So you added the EVOO in the meat, and in the sauce.

They wrote EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil) in both sections. Both paragraphs have that and they're on the same page! Recipes that are facing each other also have it written. :confused:

She REALLY likes her EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)

phoozles
March 7th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Ugh.

If you're going to write the whole thing out anyway, lose the abbreviation! :yuck:

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Several years ago I worked with a woman that whenever she was going to inform her boss of something she'd say it like this "For your, FYI..."

I agree, there's no point to using the acronym if you're going to just say the entire thing afterwards.

onster
March 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM
LOL....

U know the new webster dictionary has an entry for EVOO?

phoozles
March 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM
LOL....

U know the new webster dictionary has an entry for EVOO?

Aw, that makes my brain hurt. :wall:

SnowDancer
March 7th, 2008, 04:40 PM
How about "get me half a dozen (6) pencils"? That pushed my buttons.

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I'd heard someone say something about it being in the dictionary! Oy!:rolleyes: