Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ava and Penny

luckypenny
March 7th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Ava and Penny getting along the entire playtime this morning :highfive: .
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0549.jpg

Ava finally taking the bait and engaging in a game of tug. Penny was thrilled!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0550.jpg

:eek: That's not where the digging pit is ladies!!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0551.jpg

luckypenny
March 7th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Guard dog :rolleyes: .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0553.jpg

What a ham!
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0552.jpg

luckypenny
March 7th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Just minutes ago, Penny sleeping under my desk. How could she possibly be comfortable????

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0554.jpg

Oops, the flash woke her :o .

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/000_0555.jpg

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM
She's got a gorgeous coat! :lovestruck: I love when their black coats shine blue like that.

allymack
March 7th, 2008, 02:35 PM
great pictures! looks like there having a good time. what a ferocious looking gaurd dog you have:laughing::cloud9:

pitgrrl
March 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Ah, the cuteness! :cloud9:

Penny under the desk is too funny.

phoozles
March 7th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Super cute pics - love the hammy shot! :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
March 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Oh, there's my Penny!!! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: And Lucky looks so cute in the guard dog pic. :cloud9: Glad Ava indulged Penny. :D She must have been so happy!!

growler~GateKeeper
March 8th, 2008, 02:24 AM
Awww pups playin' tug :cloud9: Penny looks just ecstatic :dog: :D

You musta caught Lucky on his break......yeah that's it :laughing:

They're all adorable :lovestruck:

Will Lucky play tug w/Penny?

Rottielover
March 8th, 2008, 08:50 AM
AWWWWW thank you for the pics, I was really starting to miss them miss busy body.... How is one to visit you, LOL

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
OMG,that guard-dog looks really fierce:laughing:
Great play-pics and snooze-under-the desk-pics:lovestruck:

KimandAutumn
March 8th, 2008, 10:20 AM
haha what are they tugging with, the cuz?? love the one under the desk. :)

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 11:23 AM
OUps ,. I missed this thread ... I love Penny under the desk , and yes , very shiny coat ! She's almost blue !

I'm glad they were able to play nice :thumbs up

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Will Lucky play tug w/Penny?

Rarely. Sometimes he'll join in on a group tug but I've only seen it happen indoors a handful of times and it lasts but a few seconds. Playing tug with Penny can be a downer I guess cuz she always wins :laughing: . She's super-strong. But if if Ava tugs with Penny, and they both have a grip for longer than 4-5 minutes and it looks like it's becoming something other than a game, Lucky will more often than not interupt them by distraction. Now if he has a toy and the girls think they're going to engage him in a game of tug over it, all he does is give them "the look" and they immediately do a u-turn :laughing: . It's amazing to watch the group dynamics between these three. When I think I have them all pegged, one of them starts to behave differently and I'm back to square one.

haha what are they tugging with, the cuz??

Yeh :laughing:, there's about 3 of them outdoors and another 3 indoors (I try to discourage ownership by providing enough toys to go around). Nevertheless, they still all only want one particular one :laughing: . So much for my theory :o .

growler~GateKeeper
March 8th, 2008, 10:59 PM
:laughing: It sure sounds like they have the best of times with each other ~ 3 way doggie soul mates?:D

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 11:19 PM
~ 3 way doggie soul mates?:D

I guess Lucky ... really is lucky :laughing: (having 2 females just for him :flirt: )

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 11:20 PM
It certainly appears that way doesn't it? They all have very different personalities, and sometimes there are uncomfortable moments between the girls :o (only outdoors though :confused:) but with lots of macro-management, it's getting easier. That's why I was so excited that their playtime went without a hitch yesterday. It helps that Lucky can pick up on it before I can so I just look to him for cues if I'm not sure :o .

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I guess Lucky ... really is lucky :laughing: (having 2 females just for him :flirt: )

:laughing: Just can't get your mind out of the gutter, eh?? :laughing:

otter
March 8th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Yeh :laughing:, there's about 3 of them outdoors and another 3 indoors (I try to discourage ownership by providing enough toys to go around). Nevertheless, they still all only want one particular one :laughing: . So much for my theory :o .

But you can never have too many cuz's! :D

Those are great photos. Everyone looks so happy and healthy, pictures of perfect puppyhood :cloud9:

I'm so in love with all of your multidog households, life with multiple dogs must be very rewarding :lovestruck:(we'll just forget about the challenging parts for now)

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
:laughing: Just can't get your mind out of the gutter, eh?? :laughing:

no no no , I think it's the language barrier , I have a hard time expressing what I really want to say and it comes out all wrong. ahem , yep , that's it. :whistle:

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks Otter. Sometimes I wish there were more of me (not without DH's protests I'm sure :D) so we could catch up to Wonderwo.....ummm.....Hazelrunpack :D

otter
March 8th, 2008, 11:30 PM
no no no , I think it's the language barrier , I have a hard time expressing what I really want to say and it comes out all wrong. ahem , yep , that's it. :whistle:

That's your story and you're sticking to it, eh? :rolleyes:

Sometimes I wish there were more of me
LP... is that more of you or more of them??

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 11:31 PM
LP... is that more of you or more of them??

Or both ? Because it would take more of you to take care of more dogs ? ;)

otter
March 8th, 2008, 11:32 PM
But which would upset the DH more??

Frenchy
March 8th, 2008, 11:40 PM

If more dogs .... from what I've seen and heard ... DH , is really a softy but we can't tell anyone ! :laughing: I'm sure he wouldn't mind having more LP's too !!

luckypenny
March 8th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Or both ? Because it would take more of you to take care of more dogs ? ;)

Right on!

More of me, without a doubt :rolleyes: :D .

the sandman
March 9th, 2008, 01:42 AM
lol i just logged on and i cant believe no one noticed how in the first pic Lucky accomplished the incredibly, amazing feat of... yes, licking his nose!!!:eek: way to go Lucky! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Hi Sandman :D

:laughing: of course! Good Job Lucky :highfive:

Now can you lick your nose? :laughing: :)

the sandman
March 9th, 2008, 03:37 AM
uh ... hold on... almost got it...uh oh... i think my tong went numb :p now its just hanging out :p

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 03:41 AM
:laughing: :D

rainbow
March 9th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Great pics :thumbs up I really love the ones of Penny under the desk :lovestruck: ....her fur is sooooo shiny. :cloud9:

Sandman....what are you doing up at this hour? :eek: Does your mom know? :D

Can you lick your elbow too? :laughing:

wdawson
March 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
great pics:thumbs up

the sandman
March 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Sandman....what are you doing up at this hour? :eek: Does your mom know? :D

Can you lick your elbow too? :laughing:

Well Mom knows now lol. anyways its physically impossible to lick ur elbow unless ur like quadruple jointed :laughing: :D i can just imagine the headlines : A person licks his elbow, soon after that he was rushed to the hospital after he found out he broke it in 5 places prior to that. :laughing:

Frenchy
March 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Well Mom knows now lol.

:laughing: just tell her she was sleepwalking and logged on here and posted with YOUR screen name. ;)

rainbow
March 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Well Mom knows now lol. anyways its physically impossible to lick ur elbow unless ur like quadruple jointed :laughing: :D i can just imagine the headlines : A person licks his elbow, soon after that he was rushed to the hospital after he found out he broke it in 5 places prior to that. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: I thought maybe I could trick you at that late hour. :D

luckypenny
March 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=the sandman;560558]Well Mom knows now lol.

:frustrated: You won't be lol'ing if it happens again mister. You just can't let everyone know I let you get away with everything.

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 10:21 PM
:laughing: LP we kinda figured that ;) ;)

luckypenny
March 9th, 2008, 10:28 PM
:laughing: LP we kinda figured that ;) ;)

That I'm a great big suck?? :laughing:

I'm such a bad influence :o . He's turning out to be so much like me, it's scary :o .

And NO Sandman, you can't do that again! Go in stealth mode instead so you don't get caught silly :laughing: . No...:frustrated:...ignore that...mom's just kidding.

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2008, 10:29 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

loopoo
March 10th, 2008, 12:17 AM
nice shots. gorgeous coats on your pups :)

rainbow
March 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM
:frustrated: You won't be lol'ing if it happens again mister. You just can't let everyone know I let you get away with everything.

That I'm a great big suck?? :laughing:

I'm such a bad influence :o . He's turning out to be so much like me, it's scary :o .

And NO Sandman, you can't do that again! Go in stealth mode instead so you don't get caught silly :laughing: . No...:frustrated:...ignore that...mom's just kidding.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And, Sandman, I really hope you know what a great mom you have. :thumbs up

TeriM
March 10th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Wonderful pictures :cloud9:. I love the Lucky guard dog pic and the first one of all three together :lovestruck:.

breeze
March 10th, 2008, 08:54 AM
they find the most weirdest spot or positions to sleep, and they are always comfy....:cloud9: