Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It Could Be Interesting

rainbow
March 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Rachel Ray is doing a show on pet food. It's on March 8 at 9:00pm with several repeats at later dates. I've never watched her show but I hope to remember to watch this one....

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sp/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9994_55840,00.html

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't like watching her, but I'll make a note of this one. Thanks for the heads up!

jessi76
March 6th, 2008, 01:35 PM
if I hear that woman say "DELISH" one more time, I'll vomit. (so I hope someone will post a review, if they can stomach her show.)

rainbow
March 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
OMG....if she is that bad then I'll probably wait for the reviews too. :laughing: Maybe she won't say "DELISH" when she's talking about pet food.....unless she tastes it first. :D

onster
March 6th, 2008, 01:42 PM
So its not just me!!!!

Holy !!!! she is sooooo freaking annoying!!

Whats the point of the acronym EVOO if she has to explain it every single time??...and...her voice...*ahhhhhh*

hahah..can u tell i cant stand her show either??

I reallly tried to watch the first few shows..but couldnt. Her 30 min meals isnt so bad...but just her and talkshow..no..just no.

*waiting for a review :)*

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2008, 01:59 PM
So its not just me!!!!

Holy !!!! she is sooooo freaking annoying!!

Whats the point of the acronym EVOO if she has to explain it every single time??...and...her voice...*ahhhhhh*

hahah..can u tell i cant stand her show either??

I reallly tried to watch the first few shows..but couldnt. Her 30 min meals isnt so bad...but just her and talkshow..no..just no.

*waiting for a review :)*

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got sick of her explaining EVOO!

I can't stand watching her. She gestures too much with her hands, and that laugh of hers drives me nuts. Bah!

I've watched some of her shows, trying to just ignore her and the ideas really are good, I just wish someone else was giving them.

onster
March 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
ure right she really does have very good ideas...

I dunno....I do know a guy who finds her incredibly hot and entertaining, watches her show religously :shrug: Then again, he probably zones her voice out :laughing:

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
It's an hour long special and the link says something about her making some food for her dog. I hope she has something for the kitty's.

phoozles
March 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I've got a feeling it will be pretty dog-centric..
She is pretty annoying (and that EVOO thing needs to go!) but on a sick day I have to say that sometimes her show isn't that bad.

Maybe that was the sickness talking! :o

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Well, I managed to catch this. It was a pretty interesting show. Yeah, it was pretty dog centric, but there were some things discussed about cats.

One thing though, she was making some "Booscotti" and was adding milk, and she said milk was okay to give to cats.

Rachel, have you ever given a cat milk? NOT a good idea.

All in all, it wasn't a bad show.

rainbow
March 15th, 2008, 07:06 PM
So she wasn't that annoying after all? :D I totally forgot to watch it :o but it's on again tonight and tomorrow so I should be able to remember that far ahead :rolleyes: ....

AIR TIMES:
March 08, 2008 9:00 PM ET/PT
March 09, 2008 12:00 AM ET/PT
March 09, 2008 3:00 AM ET/PT
March 14, 2008 8:00 PM ET/PT
March 15, 2008 3:00 AM ET/PT
March 15, 2008 7:00 PM ET/PT
March 16, 2008 6:00 PM ET/PT

ancientgirl
March 15th, 2008, 07:40 PM
She was a little, but the good thing is, she wasn't the focus of the show. There is a lot of other stuff. Like they showed where they make this one brand of pet food that I can't remember the name of, but it's a high quality type of food. They also showed a dog bakery and a place that has stuff for cats.

I was pleased that even though she didn't make any food for cats, they did include kitties in the show.

It was worth watching though, and those Booscotti's she made looked very easy and like something dogs would like.

rainbow
March 16th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Well, I did remember to change the channel at 7:00pm tonight but it wasn't on. :shrug:

crochetdiva
March 16th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Please don't shoot me....but what does EVOO mean? I have only watched her show a couple of times...and I guess I missed that part.

ancientgirl
March 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
:laughing: Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

rjesak
March 17th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I do like the ideas she has on thirty minute meals but she is a seriously annoying lady! That said, the hour long special wasn't so bad. As you say, she wasn't really the focus so there was less of her than the thirty minute meals - which is just her blabbing (do you get the feeling that she wouldn't know a comfortable silence if it smacked her in the face?), and giggling in that way she has... Shudder!!

The show ok though. Not much use for me since I only have cats, but I feel hopeful every time they do a pet-centric show on a station other than Animal Planet. You only hear about the horrid, nasty pet owners on the news :mad::cry: so I'm always delighted to see the people like us - who's pets are part of their lives and hearts. :cloud9:

Now, if Alton Brown did a pet food show, I'd be all the hell OVER that... :D

ancientgirl
March 17th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I'm just glad they didn't ignore our feline's. So many times they have programs like this and they assume everyone in the world has just dogs. As it is, I wrote a comment to Animal Planet and asked them why they didn't have as much shows about cats as they do about dogs. They wrote me back saying they didn't have a demand for it, which I find hard to believe since I've read on several sites and as you saw in the RR show, cats are now the number one pet in the US, at least.

Not dissing the pups people, but I'd love to see some cat shows now and then.