Rick C
March 6th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Story from India:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/829030,dog030608.article

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

happycats
March 6th, 2008, 01:48 PM
That's horrible!!:mad: cruel and inhumane!! Not to mention how many other "animals" and "people" will be killed by throwing poison everywhere!!

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2008, 02:20 PM
That's just insane! They allow rats in temples, yet they want to kill dogs to combat rabies?

rainbow
March 6th, 2008, 02:30 PM
:sad: :frustrated: :mad: :wall: :wall:

t.pettet
March 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
How inhumane and disgusting.:cry:

Rick C
March 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM
They called it off . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/03/07/kashmir.dogs.ap/index.html

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

ancientgirl
March 7th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Thank heavens! Killing every dog because some may have rabies is crazy! And I can't believe the one council man wanted to ship the to Korea? :frustrated: Yeah, maybe he should be shipped to Korea in a dog disguise!

Rick C
June 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Reviving this old thread to be fair . . . . there is hope for Chinese authorities after all. This pup is a rescue from the recent earthquakes, getting care, even of the make-shift kind. Great picture.

http://stltoday.mycapture.com/mycapture/enlarge.asp?image=19452464&event=545918&CategoryID=0

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

chico2
June 26th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Rick,a while back I read China is collecting all cats in the Olympic area,even peoples pet-cats,convincing owners cats carry too many diseases.
They do not euthanize or poison the cats,all of them in the thousands are locked up in an empty warehouse where they are left to starve to death,so no,China is not redeeming itself.:yell:at least not in my eyes.
It just so happened the puppy-story will look good in the eyes of the world.
I am happy for the puppy for sure:dog:

Sabine
June 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM
This is something I will never ever understand............. no point for me to discuss the life of dogs and cats in China. :frustrated:

MyBirdIsEvil
June 27th, 2008, 11:18 PM
They do not euthanize or poison the cats,all of them in the thousands are locked up in an empty warehouse where they are left to starve to death,so no,China is not redeeming itself.:yell:at least not in my eyes.
It just so happened the puppy-story will look good in the eyes of the world.
I am happy for the puppy for sure:dog:

Not everyone in China abuses animals.
I don't think that picture necessarily had anything to do with China trying to show themselves in a better light, the picture was from a shelter run by a group of volunteers.
There are individuals and groups in China that don't believe in animals suffering and do try to help.

chico2
June 28th, 2008, 08:42 AM
MBIE,I don't dispute the fact there are animal-lovers and rescuers even in China.
However if the Chinese government decides cats carry diseases,the people of China really have no choice but to hand over their pet-cats to be disposed of in the most horrific way...
:sorry:Rick,no more talk about China,a very sore point to me...

Melinda
June 28th, 2008, 09:41 AM
and this is why a woman from my town shipped home at her expense, 5 dogs from india, if anyone is interested in adoption........please pm me.

clm
June 28th, 2008, 10:16 AM
China's human rights violations are horrific, so they're not going to do any better by their animals.
I'm happy they called off the poisenings, but you gotta believe that their alternative to doing that isn't going to be any better.

Cindy

ancientgirl
June 28th, 2008, 12:50 PM
This whole thing sickens me. I won't comment on my opinion about China, since it's not a very good one.

chico2
June 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM
clm,the dogpoisoning was to happen in India but was stopped,probably because of protests.
Nobody protests in China,if they value their lives:evil:
Melinda a big hug for that wonderful lady,hopefully she will find homes for the lucky pups!