Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My sweet heart Taz and friend

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Hey, I bumped into Marko at the Spca when I was there, was nice to see him again. He had Taz when I walked in :)
This is Taz saying how much he missed me

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Oh. playing, I can learn to do that. Look at me, I am bat dog
Notice I am sporting a collar :)

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
What a sweetheart! :lovestruck: How's he doing, Rottielover?

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I am a good dog, I want to be loved

OHHHHHHH come on now I am being good, please feed me.

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I do not have a full update, but boy is he improving, he went for a small walk with marko before I came, then I took him out again, he needed to do poopies.
They were soft, but he has improved.
Next time I go, I will bring something to clean his ears, they are horrible

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2008, 08:16 PM
He looks so happy. I think he's realized his fortunes have changed for the better. :D

Any luck with finding a foster home for him? :fingerscr

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:19 PM
They are going to keep in contact with me once he is released from the vet care. Right now he is still in a separate area than the rest

luckypenny
March 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Oh what a cutie :lovestruck: ! Was he roo-rooing in the pics or barking?

I'd take a guess and say that when he puts on the weight he needs, and although he has the coloring of a Rottie, he's gonna look a lot more like a Berner. What do you think?

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:35 PM
No, I really think he is a poorly bred rott.
His head is massive, 2 times the size of mine at least, he has all the rottie traits. Bad genetics allows for a rott to have a white marking on the chest, although not allowed, it does happen.
But then again you never know.
He is so smart, and so calm.
Marko this he is amazing also.
I just wish circumstances were different so this boy would be home with me.
He has bonded with me big time, I left to go to the bathroom, and my friend said he just stood there and looked for me.

luckypenny
March 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
His coat and goofy smile remind me of a Berner. But what do I know :laughing: .

Has anyone mentioned what his temperament is like? He looks like such a sweet silly pup :cloud9: .

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
He has an amazing temp. I have seen it for myself 3 times. Each time he is happier and happier.
He is intact, but not a big marker, he likes talking to you. LOL
He has been able to keep his den clean, with the help of many people there.
He will be a very easy dog., Very laid back, confident, no aggression whats so ever, great with dogs,Does not mind people on walks. I see him as being amazing with kids...
If only I had more room, or harley was nicer :(
I am in love

luckypenny
March 5th, 2008, 08:53 PM
If he's as wonderful as all that, as he certainly looks it, I'm optimistic he'll get adopted in no time once he's all better. Your heart is in the right place, Rottielover, but what we would like for ourselves is not always the best for all concerned :shrug: . For example, I'd love nothing more than to foster puppies...I know our family would be great for that, but it would be both detrimental for Penny and the pups as she's so very anxious around them. By going to visit with Taz, and walk and play with him, you're already making a world of difference in this lucky boy's life :grouphug: .

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Long story short, he can not be adopted.....Same idea as Nelly

growler~GateKeeper
March 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I musta missed something :confused: The last I heard you were gonna foster Taz, he & Harley had not met.

So Harley & Taz met and it didn't go well? :sad:
Can you re-introduce them after Taz is neutered & see how they get along? :fingerscr

Rottielover
March 5th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I have decided I can not foster Taz, after I saw how tall he is, and not allowed to be neutered. Even if initial meeting went well, the house would be hell. One set back for either dog can cost too much.
I have a 6 month supply of food for who ever can foster him, as well as I will pay his vaccines once healthy enough.
With this, I can make sure I see him again :)

growler~GateKeeper
March 5th, 2008, 09:11 PM
That's too bad :sad: :grouphug: I hope the circumstances surrounding his situation are resolved quickly so he can be neutered & adopted :goodvibes:

luckypenny
March 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I have a 6 month supply of food for who ever can foster him, as well as I will pay his vaccines once healthy enough.
With this, I can make sure I see him again :)

You're his guardian :angel:. He really is a fortunate pup to have someone go to the lengths that you have for him, and to keep his best interests at heart.

loopoo
March 5th, 2008, 09:48 PM
awww what a sweetie:) i really do hope all works out for the best and he finds the right loving home... must be extra hard seeing as how you have bonded..hes lucky to have you in his life now

rainbow
March 6th, 2008, 01:16 AM
Great pics Rottielover .....he is going to be one handsome boy when he gets some weight on. :lovestruck:

I hope you get to visit him when he finds his foster home. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

aslan
March 6th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I love roorooorooo pics,omg he's sooo handsome. I'm with LP he looks alot like a berner, little white toes and all. I just wanna bring him home and feed the poor boy. Good luck finding a foster for him.

chico2
March 6th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Rottielover,I was going to ask about his story,but mentioning Nelly,I understand.
I hope his life gets sorted out and he gets the home he deserves:pray:
In the meantime he has you and Marko to give him some happy-time:dog:
I know it must be difficult for you not beeing able to foster this lovely boy,but I am sure he's very happy with the time and love you are able to give him.:fingerscrfor Taz and a fosterhome:fingerscr

marko
March 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
It was great to see you yesterday Rottielover!

and OMG Taz is amazing.
So big - SO calm - SO gentle - So easy to walk.

I wish all the SPCA dogs were that easy :thumbs up

Frenchy
March 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
awww he already looks better ! :thumbs up and I wish you could , at least , record his voice when he's roorrooo ing :laughing: he looks so goofy :cloud9:

and I'm with LP , some pictures , he really look like a BMD ! What ever breed he is , he's a cutie. And even if you're not fostering Rottielover , you already made a difference in his life by visiting him :thumbs up :angel: he's a lucky pooch to have you as an auntie :D

onster
March 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous and will be even more so once he gains some weight :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Definately pulls at ure heart strings....

Rottielover
March 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I am going again tonight, and I am praying that his collar is still there. :)

krdahmer
March 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Oh he's so handsome... and that face... that sweet sweet face!!! So sorry you are unable to foster him, but as long as you can still see him that's ok... he looks so excited to see you! :lovestruck: I hope that the person who mistreated him, never gets near him again.

chico2
March 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
In the last pic,he is saying:Doesn't anybody want me?
I am such a good boy,I'll get big and strong soon,will fit right on your couch..
I don't need much,just hugs and cuddles and a little food,I'll be sooo good,I promise:pawprint:

allymack
March 6th, 2008, 03:50 PM
aww, such a sweetie!! he looks so happy to be with you. i love the bat picture:lovestruck::cloud9: your so lucky to get him!

Rottielover
March 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I went to visit him again tonight, and he is growing stronger and stronger. Tonight we had an ear bath...EWWWWWWWWWWW his ears are soooooooo dirty. Will take another couple visits to get them clean again. But he was great about it.
I took him for another long walk( long for him 10 mins) He does not pull at all. He will be one hell of a great foster dog.

Frenchy
March 6th, 2008, 07:37 PM
They didn't clean his ears ? :o weird .... it must make him feel so much better ! Thanks to auntie Rottielover :)

Rottielover
March 6th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Nope, his ears were beyond a mess, but I think those were minor compared to what they were doing. I brought my witch hazel, and some pads and cleaned away. But will need a few more times

Frenchy
March 6th, 2008, 08:04 PM
When I got Sam out of the pound , I drove back home with the car windows down (and it was November!!) he was sooo stincky , when I got home , that's when I saw his ears and the smell was coming from there :yuck: it does take a couple of cleaning :)

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I'm glad Taz is doing well. Ahhhhh....must feel so good to get those ears cleaned! :cloud9:

shredy
March 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
I guess I got here too late to hear about Nelly, I am sorry you can't foster Taz, he looks like such a sweet boy. I am lost to why you can't take him though, and for the life of me I can't think of a reason :confused: I am sure it is a good one though. I hope things work out for the best for him! :fingerscr:cloud9::lovestruck:

Rottielover
March 7th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Only reason I can not foster him....H A R L E Y.....Harley and taz both would not do well always being on edge, and if Kayla ever got in the way, I never would forgive myself

SARAH
March 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
It's sad for Taz, but I must admit I was thinking about Kayla when I first heard you might foster a male rott ...

Ford Girl
March 7th, 2008, 02:49 PM
:lovestruck: Very cute, looks soooo silly. :lovestruck:

Most of them truly know good people after some of the things they go thru...I'm convinced they can sense who's there to help them. :)

Rottielover
March 7th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Well I went to see Taz again tonight. I did a nail trim....
As I finished the last nail, he moved to lick me and I cut his quick.
The blood did not stop, even with quick stop, so I panicked and ran to their vet clinic and asked for a tech.
A very nice vet tech cauterized it. It did not stop because of his anemia. Which leaves me to believe his blood does not clot properly. Which also means something else may be wrong with him.
I am calling tomorrow, I left a note as well.
Poor boy scared the hell out of me, their was so much blood for such a small nic.
He was a good sport, even when she put the special liquid on it, he licked me, such a great boy he is.

hazelrunpack
March 7th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Poor boy! If he does have something wrong with his blood, better that you found it out during a nail clipping with someone there to help instead of having him hurt himself when no one was around! Scary! :grouphug:

He's so cute, Rottielover. (I saw the pic you put in the face thread.) I can see why you fell in love with him. :lovestruck:

Frenchy
March 7th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Yes he is too cute ! Looks like a puppy ( and I still think he looks a bit like a BMD)

Since he has lost a bit of blood , do you think you can take some raw liver to him next time you visit him ?

Rottielover
March 7th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I think I am allowed to do anything to this boy. LOL

I went downstairs with a full bag of things to do, ear cleaning, nails, brushing...
Well did the nails first, thats all I did, I was too panicky.
That sounds like a good idea, liver...ewwwwwwwwww but good for him.
I do not know when the next time I can go. I went 4 times this week, Kayla was on march break stayed with my friends daughter.
I will not be so lucky when she goes back to daycare

Frenchy
March 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM
That sounds like a good idea, liver...ewwwwwwwwww but good for him.

Yep , very bloody and sticky :yuck: I gave some to Sam after he lost his whole claw / nail. They still get some from time to time. It's good for dogs who lost blood. Injury or surgery. Did you made friends over there ? Maybe you can ask one of them to give Taz some liver , and e-mail you some updates until you can go back to see him.....

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 07:21 AM
After having met a Berner yesterday,at the Pet-Connection(the owners dog),I too can see Berner in Taz.
The Berner in the store was huge(110lb's),very beautiful,calm and well mannered,probably much like Taz.
I suppose since he is in tact,fostering him will be a no-no for many rescue-people:sad:
Rottielover,I hope you'll still get time to see him,he must love you for cleanng his ears,trimming his nails and just simply loving him..:dog:

Rottielover
March 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
maybe swiss mountain dog, LOL
He is way too tall for either bernie or rottweiler, but then again going on standard.
The person who filed the complaint, her BF saw what Taz looked like full weight, and he is massive. As he said. His head is 2 times mine, LOL
Whatever he may be, he is a love of a dog, in my heart I wish circumstances were different but they are not, so I will love him from afar. LOL

chico2
March 8th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I look at Harleys avatar and I get a big grin on my face,he is really something else:lovestruck:
RL,even if you can spend only a little time with Taz,it's important..
Are there not others who love him as you do??
I hope the courtcase or whatever it is that keeps him from beeing neutered and adopted,is coming up soon:fingerscr

Maxine
March 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I love him as much as you do :)
Just found this thread, rarely come here but i'm glad I found it, what a bitter sweet thread. I'm sure we will find someone to foster him, Guidoune and Indiana (ok maybe not all the same person but that would be awesome if it was!!!!) At least they wouldn't be separated. :cloud9:

I know how much you love Taz, RottieLover, but do you think it is possible for you to take Guidoune or Indie out for a walk when you go over there?:o Maybe after you're done with Taz, since they might have a infection of the skin, you wouldn't want to take any chance.

Oh, and do you think they would let me go see them if I go again? Haven't been able to talk to the inspector about this, voicemails all the time. :frustrated:

Thank you again so much for going to see them as much as you can, you are a wonderful woman :)

Rottielover
March 8th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I am not sure if I am allowed to take the other 2 out, Honestly the lab is kindy iffy right now with temp, not sure I would chance it.
I would love to take her out if I have the ok, I do go see them to, so does my friend.
Maxine, I do not think they will have an issue with it. The male supervisor is now like, hi how are you, yes taz is waiting. LOL
Maxine, go, the more the merrier, I do not think I will be able to go because of the weather this weekend, but we went yesterday.
I really think guidianne has some kind of rash on her muzzle, most likely because of where she was with acidy urine.

marko
March 13th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I saw Taz for a few minutes yesterday again. He's looking like he gained a bit of weight since last week. Cool :thumbs up. What a great gentle dog. :dog::pawprint:

luckypenny
March 13th, 2008, 12:58 PM
That's great news Marko :) .

chico2
March 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Marko,are you absolutely sure you don't want a dog like Taz;),or would Ziglet go strange,just like my cats??