Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Senior Cockapoo

ddianam
March 5th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Date Lost: March 3rd,2008
Please help us find our dog, he has been part of our family for 14 yrs!
Male, blonde 14 yr. old cockapoo missing from the Woodbridge area. His name is Chico, he is hard of hearing and cannot see very well.

He is wearing a blue collar with tags with our phone number and address on it. He is part of our family and we miss him very much. A reward will be given to the person who finds him. We live in Woodbridge around Weston Rd. and Langstaff area, please keep an open for him.
Please call with any sightings or details. (905)264-2597 (647)885-4277.

the gang
March 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM
oh lord i hope you find your little one soon its so cold have sent emails to family and friends in that area good luck keep us posted brenda and the pins

ddianam
March 5th, 2008, 11:08 PM
Thank you so much, I really hope I find him soon too. I have been driving around my neighbourhood for 2 days now and there is no sign of him.

the gang
March 6th, 2008, 08:28 AM
posters, add in your local paper ,call the humaine society, and vets in your area, also try putting outside your house something that belongs to him fingers crossed brenda and the pins.

Carlyg
March 6th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Ddianam,
I reallly reallly hope you find him soon:fingerscr I empathize with you so much!. You sound exactly as I did last year (and for the past year). I drove around and around and around in circles looking for my dog and looking under trees etc. It's such a terrible feeling- but keep looking!!! I"m sure you will find your dog.

I live in the same area as you. Weston road and lagnstaff. I'm in class right now, but when I'm done I'll send you a private email with some of the websites and places you can go.

Do you have a poster for your dog? If you send me one I'll show it around or put some up places.

I wish you the best of luck!
Carly

Carlyg
March 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
sorry, I just realized you don't have an email address posted.

First of all, if you havn't already, put a lost dog report on www.torontohumanesociety.com

Then go to www.infopet.ca and put a report (that's for york region missing animal)

Have you gone to the vets with a poster. They put them up (sometimes right on the front window). Make sure you go to all of these following ones. Over the past year I have had people claiming they dropped off dogs who were mine at a number of different vets around woodbridge, so make sure you go to them- they are all reletively close to each otehr as well.

Darlington Animal Hospital - Highway 7 and Marycroft

Woodbridge Animal Hospital- Highway 7/ Martingrove (it's where the very old blockbuster used to be- and near weston produce)

Northview pet Hospital- Highway 7 and Weston Road.

Another Woodbridge ANimal Hospital- it is inside Market Lane but not right in the circle. It's on the other side of the buidings (do you k now where I'm talking about?)

....there is also a Dean's Veterninary Hospital ON islington Avenue. It's right beside kleinburg public school and the little library when you are entering Kleingburg. If you don't want to drive there you can email them a poster. deanveterinaryhospital@bellnet.ca

you can email your poster to spencer_search@hotmail.com if you want and I'll try and help you out. That's my email address for my missing dog info.

Did he go missing aroudn weston downs?

ddianam
March 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Hi Carly,
Thanks so much for all your info. I was at school most of the day today so it was hard for me to do as much as I wanted for my dog. I posted posters an soooo many mailboxes at a few convenience stores and I tried the community centres, but they I couldnt post it there. :( I will definitely go to the vets that you mentioned, I called all of thoses ones already and still nothing. I am so gald that there is a website like this with people who understand my sistuation.
Yes, he went missing in the WEston Downs area, that's where I live. It is so weird that someone one steal a dog from that area(I'm just assuming that someone stole him sicne I went looking for him half hr. after he ran away). I am going to email you my poster when I get home and I will email the animal hospital as well. THanks so much for your help!

Carlyg
March 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM
yeah, I definetly understand. Eveyrthing you are doing..I have done. It was about the same time too except a year ago. My dog went missing on March 18th last year..right near exams. It's so hard with school to do everything you want. When I wasn't physically looking for him..that's all I could think about. When I was looking for him, I kept thinking about how much homework I had to do that I wasn't doing.

Yeah, I assumed my dog got stolen too. We went looking right away and we looked until 4am. Then I did everything you are doing..mailboxes etc.

Don'[t loose hope though. (i met my manager now over the internet. she lost her dog as well..same story as us, but she did find him! SHe found him over a week later. Somebody called her to say he showed up at their house).

The community centers wouldn't put a poster up for me either. I found poles outside though lol (they told me to go look for one outside..they were really nince though.)

Put one up in St Gregory the Great school an St Claire in weston downs. :lightbulb:They let me put it up..kids see everything

ddianam
March 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
It totally sounds like I am reliving what you went through with your dog. I feel so terrible and helpless though. I just got back from puting up some more posters around the area and I am going to get some fliers delivered to the houses in the area as well.
Yeah, I have so many things to do for school, but I keep thinking about my poor dog. :0(
I will go back to the community centres tomorrow and post them on some poles, thanks for the idea! I'm not in school tomorrow so am going to devote the day to looking for him. It's so sad though cause I don't know what happened to him, it's like I don't have any closure, like if he passed away I would be upset but atleast I would know what happened to him you know what I mean?

pbpatti
March 6th, 2008, 10:26 PM
:sad::pray:I so hope that you find your puppy soon. What a tough time this is for you.:pray:pbp

ddianam
March 6th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Thank you pbpatti, it is a very hard time for my family and I , but especially for me b/c i had my dog since I was 13 and i am now 27 so him and I were really attached to one another. Thank you for your concern.

Carlyg
March 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I don't want to say anything that's gonna get hopes up or make you go even more insane looking for him if I don't have facts it was your dog.
but i was showing my friends who live in weston downs.

One of my friends said on MOnday she saw at dog at 6:00 (or so)..when she was comming home from work. She said it was by itself just walking around smelling the snow. SHe said it was a little brownish dog..I showed her your picture on the humane society website and she said it looked like the one she saw.

So, i don't know..maybe it wasn't..I hated getting these vauge details..BUT..it could be that he just wandered away to a house?..maybe he lost his collar.

Carlyg
March 6th, 2008, 11:08 PM
oh, the dog she was was walking on Dianawood

ddianam
March 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM
That's great to hear that though. But, I'm not even sure what to do now. What should I do?

Carlyg
March 6th, 2008, 11:49 PM
yeah, I always got that kidn of info and then was confused. Except..it came from my friends who know wha tmy dog looked like and that he was missing anda they were like "ya..i saw a dog that looks like yours today walking. I don't remmeber where or when".

once I got "i saw a white dog got hit by a car..but I don't know where they took it. It was just near your house. (it wasn't mine..i followed up on it..but that was the only thing they said.) lol.

but anyways..just make sure you put flyers around dianawood. That's all you can do..or mailboxes on that street.

Did he get lost around 6:00pm?

I figured it would be better to let you know. It's happy news (if it is him)..because then he wasn't stolen..he is just..misplaced :)

ddianam
March 7th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Well, he went missing around 3ish, but he could of been wondering around that area and ended up on Dianawood at that time (im hoping). Tomorrow i will definitely go by Dianawood and knock on some doors, that street is not that big. Thanks again! Please if you hear anything else let me know, and please keep asking people if you can.

luckypenny
March 7th, 2008, 12:14 AM
:fingerscr that Chico will be reunited with you really soon ddianam. You probably already have done this but I didn't see it mentionned so...have you gone to visit any local pounds in your area? Called the municipal Police station? Several years ago, our senior dog (RIP Peanut) went wandering off, something he never did in fifteen years. We were visiting my Mom in Burlington and were very fortunate someone had found him and brought him to the local pound (an amazingly clean and friendly place I must add). He was found about 5 km away shortly after he went missing. I couldn't believe he managed to get so far in such a short time. I mention this so that you may want to extend the area of where you'll be putting up posters.

Hoping he'll be home soon.

ddianam
March 7th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hi luckypenny,
I am going to visit the local punds today. I have been calling them ever since my dog went missing, but I think it's a better idea if I go there myself. I have started to put up posters farther and farther away from my home, but it's just that it's so difficult to put them up everywhere you want to put them, you know what I mean. Anyways, he was spotted 3 hrs after he went missing a few streets down from my house, so I think I am going to search that area again.

NoahGrey
March 7th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Please also call Toronto Animal Services. They are the ones that would pick up your dog. They do Animal Control, Not the Toronto Humane Society. They only deal with Cruelty.

You can also call public works and see if any dog that would match your dogs description, as been hit by a car. I don't know if TAS picks up dead animals?

Good luck and I hope you find your little guy.

ACO22

Chris21711
March 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I think Brampton does animal control for Woodbridge, not the Toronto Animal Services. They would only pick up if the animal in question crossed into their boundries which would be south of Steeles Avenue.

I hope you find Chico soon.

Carlyg
March 7th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Isn't it Kennel-Inn in AUroa that does the animal control for Woodbridge? That's what I was told by toronto animal services. The guy was mad because we didn't have anything closer anymore.

Yeah, that's another thing, make sure you phone Kennel-Inn in auroa and file a report. If someone calls animal control..that's where the dog is going.

I can't remember hte number off the top of my head (although I shoudl because I stalked them for like 7 months lol).

www.kennelinn.com

oh, and keep checking petfinder.

www.petfinder.com

Carlyg
March 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM
sorry it's actually

www.kennel-inn.com

ddianam
March 13th, 2008, 09:36 AM
THanks for the info. I check kennel in and petfinder everyday and I call the shelters and vets all the time too, but my dog still hasn't turned up. I have been searching everyday and night and I wont stop until i hopefully find him. He has been seen twice in the same general area but no one picked him up even though they saw him wondering around alone, one lady even saw him in a gas station saoking wet and she didnt pick him or even tell the gas attendent. Instead she called me when she saw my sign down the road. I have a suspicion that this one fellow who called to say he saw him, has stolen him now. He called to say he saw my dog and then when I called him back to see if he ended up hanging on to my dog, the man said that I had the wrong # and that he didnt see I dog. I know foresure that I didnt get the wrong #. Something is very fishy about this guy, so I found his address (i think) and I am going to knock on his door tonight. Hopefully, he does have my dog so thie horrible nightmare can come to an end.

SIL
March 13th, 2008, 10:26 AM
ddianam :fingerscr that you find Chico. Please be careful tonight knocking on that guys door if he does have your dog he might not like seeing you around.

ddianam
March 13th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Hi SIL,
Thanks for your concern. I went to go knock on the guys door that I think stole my dog and his wife answered and she barely opened the door a crack, like she didnt want me to see inside. I had a pic of my dog with me and I asked her if she saw this dog and she said no withour even looking at the pic. I told her that my was last seen in her neighbourhood and I asked if she was sure she hadn't seen him, she was very quick to reply no and quickly said "ok...bye" and basically closed the door in my face. Not sure what to make of this, but the situation is even more fishy now that both her and husband were acting weird. Not even sure what I can do..any suggestions?

badger
March 13th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I'd go to the police with your suspicions. It is illegal to keep an animal you have found, as we learned recently in another thread.

Carlyg
March 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Oh mann,
you're breakin' my heart!!!!. I empathize with you sooo much. I feel for everyboyd here, but I see your posters ALL OVER woodbrige. You covered so much area so quickly. ANd now your getting those phone calls that just turn out to be disapointing.

I had a creepy guy too!!...someone told me that they saw a white dog in his house and he didn't have one before. Then i knocked on his door and he barley opened it..and he was acting soo werid. (to make my story even weirder, I went to an animal communicator lol (kind of like a pet psychic) and she described the inside of a house. I could see through the windows into the basement,a nd it was eveyrthing she described lol. (dont think I'm insane. I just went to her to see what she would say for fun. but that situation made it creepy lol). My creepy guy was on islington and woodbrige avenue.

I'm keeping my eyes open for you and take detours through your area hoping I see something. So is my mom. she feels terrible. and how could you not even check out a soaking wet dog at a gas station?..

Carlyg
March 13th, 2008, 09:24 PM
oh, and i didn't mean "you" as in you. I meant..how could the lady not check him out.

ddianam
March 13th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah, my boyfriend and I and some friends put up posters everywhere and quickly. Carlyg, I would totally do the same thing as you...go to an animal comunicator, I actaully mentioned it to my bf the other day. Actually, I called a pet detective to help me search for my dog. She has a rescue dog who is trained for that, he knew what area my dog was last seen in, it was weird. I don't think that the pet detective was bull or a way to try and rip ppl. off b/c she asked for a donation if you wanted to give her anything. Thanks so much Carlyg for keeping a look out, I totally appreciate it! :)

ddianam
March 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
On Friday I got calls non-stop from people who saw a dog in my neighbourhood that seemed to look like mine. But as usual no one waited around with the dog until i got there so by the time I fog there, he was gone. So, Fri night a man calls me to say he picked up a lost dog. I ran there frantically to see the dog, and it was not mine. It didnt even look like a cockapoo, it was a ****zu...they eventually found the owner of this dod thank goodness. But, this morning I got another call from a man who picked up another lost dog on Saturday. He has the dog at his house but he isnt sure what kind of dog it is, it only fits my dog description cause he said he has long ears. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be dog...please keep yours crossed for me as well!

SIL
March 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
ddianam, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. It's nice to receive the calls, we have only received 1 since Billie went missing and it's been over 10 months. :pray::fingerscr

Carlyg
March 22nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
oh man..when you get a call and it's not your dog..well, we all know how bad that is. I'm hoping the second calls was b etter news???

what happened with that dog??

ddianam
March 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM
Well...the second call I got from a man who found a dog on Tuesday, didn't end up being my dog. :0( I think it was a Bichon...somewhat similar to mine, but not. I haven't got anymore phone calls since Tuesday, and I am so upset. I am not sure what to do anymore. So far there have been 3 found dogs and none of them have been mine.

Love4himies
March 24th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Oh no, how disappointing for you.

Chris21711
March 24th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I am sorry to hear that you have not found him yet, it must be very worrying considering his age.
You mentioned that there have been three found dogs in your area. Could you give a description as there are postings on Petfinder and the THS site for Bichon Xs in the Woodbridge area. Just trying to help reunite others with their lost pets.

ddianam
March 24th, 2008, 04:13 PM
All 3 other dogs that were found have all been reunited with their owners.

Chris21711
March 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Thats great, hope yours is next.:fingerscr

ddianam
April 5th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I really hope that I find my dog next. Thanks everyone for your kind words.