Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat lost his voice

giles84
March 5th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hi there!
I'm a new member of this forum and i have an unusual question for the other animal owners out there.
My cat, Bosco, is a 17 lb approx. 8yrs old, very vocal/loud cat. A little over a week ago His voice suddendly changed from peircing loud and frequent to low, cracking and not nearly as often. He's still eating and drinking and using his litter box and it doesn't appear to hurt when i touch his throat and belly.
I'm concerned its something other than a cold. Any suggestions? Has this ever happened to anyone else before??? If you have any suggestions please email me at aloranger@live.ca.

Thank you!

jessi76
March 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Have you been to (or spoken to) the vet about this? any noticable changes like that in a 17 yr old cat would certainly be enough for me to head in for a checkup at least.

phoozles
March 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM
The cat is 8 years old - he's 17 lbs.
I would consider a possible infection - my cat lost his voice during a outbreak of FHV, and he still hasn't gotten it back. He might be sick - a checkup wouldn't be a bad idea.

jessi76
March 5th, 2008, 03:58 PM
lol - 17lbs, years, - sorry, my bad! :loser: (gonna go learn how to read now...)