Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lady dog is getting sick and using the bathroom indoors, why?

jnwildman
March 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM
My dog Lady is a Wheaten/Westie mix. She is an excellent dog and has been housetrained since she was a puppy. She is 14 now and the vet says that physically she is closer to 8 years old, so she has been in great health.

However, two days ago she got sick and pooped in the house. It wasn't diaherrea it was just a regular stool...very light gold in color. No blood, no visible remnants of anything.

Today, she pooped in my kitchen and it was a large stool again regular with a light golden color. Then she threw up a little later a white foam looking stuff...never seen her do that before. Then about an hour later she pooped again and this was...well it was a little liquidy and looked like a pancake. Also no remnants and still that golden brown color.

I think maybe her stomach was just upset (and I don't know if my dad gave her a little bit of his dinner from Taco Bell last night) but I just want to make sure it doesn't sound like anything worse. I think that two days ago she got ahold of caramel popcorn...that would explain that but she didn't eat anything yesterday that I know of. She eats a steady diet of Alpo dry food and Mighty Dog canned foods.

What do you guys think?:sick::dog: