Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

March 2008 Weight Loss Challange!

Ford Girl
March 4th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone! It's a new month...2 months have pasted us by in 2008 already!

How is everyone doing? Post up people! Let's here about your fitness and nutrition plans for the month of March!

I don't have any big plans that will hinder my goals this month, February was full of junk food and socail events for me, and I am excited going in to March!!

I have my treadmill, it's ready to go! :highfive: With the day light savings it will be easier to be out and about after work.

How about the rest of you? :shrug: :grouphug:

coppperbelle
March 5th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I plan on continuing what I have been doing until I feel I am at my ideal weight. I started watching everything I eat last April and while I did have some setbacks I continue to lose weight. It is slow but I don't feel I am depriving myself of anything.
If this snow ever stops and I can get outside and do some regular walking I am sure the weight will come off faster.

TeriM
March 7th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Hi all :). I'm still working at it :thumbs up. February was a bit tough for me with a bunch of "social" weekends and a mini-holiday. I didn't worry to much about food and gots lots of cross country skiing in so actually managed to lose 5 lbs.
I'm back into the swing of things this week and hope to hit the 180lb mark by the end of the month which will be 25 lbs to date :fingerscr. Hopefully hot cross bun day (aka good friday) won't extend into hot cross bun / easter candy week as per usual :o.

SARAH
March 7th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I'm stepping it up a notch form next week, even if the mornings are getting darker again :frustrated:

Plan for 4 days/week (mon-tue-thu-fri):

50-60 minutes medium intensity cardio
breakfast
an hour later, 40-45 minutes weight training, a shake, 17 minutes HIIT, the rest of the shake
small meal
2 hours later, lunch
3 hours later, small meal
3 hours later, supper

Wednesday and one weekend morning:
50-60 minutes medium intensity cardio
breakfast

Weights heavy enough that I cannot do more then 8 reps max on the first set and 5 on the last set (3 sets).

TeriM
March 10th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Sounds like a great fitness plan Sarah :thumbs up.

Where is everyone else :yell:. Come on folks, we aren't giving up on this until we all succeed so like Ford Girl said .... post up, we want to hear from you. Together we will all be fabulous and fit in no time :crazy:.

My great discovery of the week are the Cadbury Chocolate/Toffee thins . They are 100 calories each and for me are the perfect evening treat :thumbs up.

Ford Girl
March 10th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Sarah - you are so orgainzed!!! No wonder you have good results! :thumbs up

TeriM - those are good eh? I'm not a huge choclate craver...so those are what I buy anyways since thats the portion size that does it for me.

coppperbelle - each little thing makes a huge difference, not feeling deprived helps alot! The nice weather will help too. :highfive:

So, week 2 of March, and we have a team of 4 Weight Loss Challangers!!! :grouphug: (where is everyone else? :sad:)

My big cheat last week - 4 llite beer over the weekend, BUT I walked 5 klms each day, and did some spring cleaning - to some rock'n tunes, so I worked up a sweat - gotta count for some exercise right? :shrug:

Proof of my hard work - I had to go buy new sweat pants cuz there comes a point when you can only roll the waist so much! The butt looked aweful too! So, I went to Walmart, go me some sweat pants to veg out in...and I bought myself a new spring green colored top...

I am down 18lbs! :highfive: :grouphug: :goodvibes: :party:

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Present....:sad:

happycats
March 10th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Present.....:cry:

Ford Girl
March 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Present....:sad:

Present.....:cry:

LOL!!! Too funny!

Why so sad? Cheer up...and get moving!!! LOL! :D

How are you two doing? :grouphug:

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 11th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I walk alot ... but the Plantar Facitius (I think I've spelled that wrong) is getting me down... damn feet really hurt. But, I still walk to and from work (about 20-25 min each way). I'm back to the gym this week... I have to make sure I don't anger the feet even more.

Ford Girl
March 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I walk alot ... but the Plantar Facitius (I think I've spelled that wrong) is getting me down... damn feet really hurt. But, I still walk to and from work (about 20-25 min each way). I'm back to the gym this week... I have to make sure I don't anger the feet even more.

Oh, thats no good....ouch!! Is there anything you can do to relieve the discomfort? At least you get that walk in to and from...:)

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Thanx.... I wear extra cushions to buffer the pain... other than that...there's nothing you can do unless you have a couple months to lie around with your feet up in the air....? I don't! So....? I forge ahead...determind to not let anyone or anything get me down. By the end of the day... I come home to my two little furry faces...and that always makes me smile.:angel::angel:

happycats
March 11th, 2008, 01:44 PM
*sniff sniff * hello my name is happycats, and I'm a foodaholic!!! :cry2::cry:

Kristin7
March 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I am still here, but have been distracted by a few things (I totally fell on some slushy ice and hurt myself, my dog scared me by getting sick throwing me into a ball of worry, and then I have been painting and cleaning the house). I am probably only working out once a week but have been walking Guinness more often. All the housework over the weekend likely counts as several work outs! I am feeling pretty good, and am in better shape but probably haven't lost much weight (afraid to weigh myself just yet). I am also sleeping really well (knock on wood). This stuns me because I have had problems with insomnia for at least the past 2 years, maybe more, and it had been getting worse and worse. Not sure if this is why, but I did start taking fish oil supplements recently. I totally feel great and am mostly sleeping through the nights, and feel more awake than in ages!!! :D

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
*sniff sniff * hello my name is happycats, and I'm a foodaholic!!! :cry2::cry:

I totally understand....I eat enough to feed a horse but I'm still hungry. :eek: I need something to distract me.

SARAH
March 11th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Sarah - you are so orgainzed!!! No wonder you have good results! :thumbs up

Proof of my hard work - I had to go buy new sweat pants cuz there comes a point when you can only roll the waist so much! The butt looked aweful too! So, I went to Walmart, go me some sweat pants to veg out in...and I bought myself a new spring green colored top...

I am down 18lbs! :highfive: :grouphug: :goodvibes: :party:

YAYYY :highfive: good for you :grouphug:

Lol, I got some sweat pants from Hart the other day, HAD to have grey ones for vegging on the couch because of dog hair on said couch. I took a size M ... idiot me! They're falling off of me!! There's a belt on them, but it's not adjustable :confused::loser:

Organized? Well, remember, I used to run a gym all by my lonesome. If I was to get my training done as well as get some food, between helping the members ... I had to have a plan.

Basically what I do now, is jump on hte stepper as soon as Lewis is out the door, and go for 50 minutes at a "conversation-pace". Then I have a couple of eggs and 3rd of a pita, with a sliced tomato at 7 AM

At 9 I go do my weight routine, down the first half of a shake made from soy milk, dry oats, frozen blueberries, protein powder,and enough water to make it into a drink; go to the elliptical for som HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and polish off the rest of the shake after that.

Noon, lunch. Palm size protein (chicken or beef - lean cut), finger size starch (all 4 fingers on one hand), two cupped hands of salad or steamed vegetables.

Mid afternoon ... 20 almonds or so, or half a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter, and an apple or other fruit.

Supper, same palm-sized lean protein and cupped hands of salad + veggies, no starches this late.

Sometimes, a capuccino with TV; sometimes also a navel orange.

And ... w a t e r !!! 2-3 liters a day.

Results? Slow, slow, slow. But that's normal with the last 10-15 lbs :frustrated:

happycats
March 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Congratulations to the rest of you!! Your doing an amazing job. I admire your will power and determination!!
Keep up the good work:thumbs up

Ford Girl
March 13th, 2008, 02:35 PM
*sniff sniff * hello my name is happycats, and I'm a foodaholic!!!

Me too! :sad: I love to eat, I'm an emtional eater, a bordom eater, a didnt drink enough water eater, social eater....and an over eater. :sad: But I know it, so I do my best to keep myself busy and be aware of how many times I reach for food.

I am still here, but have been distracted by a few things (I totally fell on some slushy ice and hurt myself, my dog scared me by getting sick throwing me into a ball of worry, and then I have been painting and cleaning the house). I am also sleeping really well (knock on wood). This stuns me because I have had problems with insomnia for at least the past 2 years, maybe more, and it had been getting worse and worse. Not sure if this is why, but I did start taking fish oil supplements recently. I totally feel great and am mostly sleeping through the nights, and feel more awake than in ages!

I'm right there with you, I hardly ate when Dazy was going thru the worst of this illness...its a good thing and bad. They just worry us so much eh? I'm not a human-baby mom, but I can just imagine how worried you'd be!!

:highfive: for getting more sleep, it plays a huge role in weight loss and over all happiness. I'm a :evil: with less then 7 hours...infact I need 8 to be happy.

Lol, I got some sweat pants from Hart the other day, HAD to have grey ones for vegging on the couch because of dog hair on said couch. I took a size M ... idiot me! They're falling off of me!! There's a belt on them, but it's not adjustable :confused::loser:

Results? Slow, slow, slow. But that's normal with the last 10-15 lbs

Down a size, thats good!! Roll the waist up! :rolleyes: The last 10 is hard eh?

Congratulations to the rest of you!! Your doing an amazing job. I admire your will power and determination!!
Keep up the good work:thumbs up

Thanks happycats, if there is anything we can do to help motivate you and build up your will power let us know, we are all in this together, and it's not going to end any time soon....:grouphug: I have a huge amount to go...with a wedding on the beach July 26th. :eek:

BAILEYSMUDGE - when is the worst pig out time? I know mine is right after work, before dinners made...pick pick pick, then eat dinner, then snack in front of the TV...so basically I eat nonstop fromthe time I get home till bed time. :laughing: But I started drinking water while cooking, a tall galss with lots of ice...and making sure I have a mid afternoon snack...and I save the dishes for during commercials instead of eating...it all helps a little....:shrug:

SARAH
March 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM

How is rolling it going to make it narrower? LOL, I'll try though :shrug: anything once.

Last 10 is a bi:censored: but I'll conquer !!!

happycats
March 13th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Me too! :sad: I love to eat, I'm an emtional eater, a bordom eater, a didnt drink enough water eater, social eater....and an over eater. :sad: But I know it, so I do my best to keep myself busy and be aware of how many times I reach for food.

I'm right there with you, I hardly ate when Dazy was going thru the worst of this illness...its a good thing and bad. They just worry us so much eh? I'm not a human-baby mom, but I can just imagine how worried you'd be!!

:highfive: for getting more sleep, it plays a huge role in weight loss and over all happiness. I'm a :evil: with less then 7 hours...infact I need 8 to be happy.

Thanks happycats, if there is anything we can do to help motivate you and build up your will power let us know, we are all in this together, and it's not going to end any time soon....:grouphug: I have a huge amount to go...with a wedding on the beach July 26th. :eek:

BAILEYSMUDGE - when is the worst pig out time? I know mine is right after work, before dinners made...pick pick pick, then eat dinner, then snack in front of the TV...so basically I eat nonstop fromthe time I get home till bed time. :laughing: But I started drinking water while cooking, a tall galss with lots of ice...and making sure I have a mid afternoon snack...and I save the dishes for during commercials instead of eating...it all helps a little....:shrug:

Thank you so much for your kind words!!

I'm trying!!, Quitting smoking was so much easier then this! But I know I can do this, I have to, I must, my health is depending on it!!! My knees are giving me problems, I have heel spurs (Crocs are amazing for that) and diabetes runs in my family!!!
This being snowed in hasn't helped !

:grouphug:

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM
BAILEYSMUDGE - when is the worst pig out time? I know mine is right after work, before dinners made...pick pick pick, then eat dinner, then snack in front of the TV...so basically I eat nonstop fromthe time I get home till bed time. :laughing: But I started drinking water while cooking, a tall galss with lots of ice...and making sure I have a mid afternoon snack...and I save the dishes for during commercials instead of eating...it all helps a little....:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Well... When I come home...I'm okay... I hug the kitties and make dinner real quick...but after dinner in front of the TV... I nibble right until I go to bed... That's the worst.

Masha
March 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I totally understand....I eat enough to feed a horse but I'm still hungry. :eek: I need something to distract me.

Same here... I can eat and eat and still feel 'hungry' :shrug: .... sometimes i scare myself with how much i can eat and still not feel full....

hazelrunpack
March 13th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Thanx.... I wear extra cushions to buffer the pain... other than that...there's nothing you can do unless you have a couple months to lie around with your feet up in the air....? I don't! So....? I forge ahead...determind to not let anyone or anything get me down.

Ice your feet 2 or 3 times a day for 15-20 minutes a crack. Can do wonders for the inflammation in the tendon. Also, mild stretches before you walk and after you've been sitting for a while--lean forward against a wall or table edge, leg back, heel on floor; once with leg straight, once with knee bent. It might take a while, and improvement may be slow, but with luck... :fingerscr

SARAH
March 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Did anyone see the program on TLC Sunday? "I can make you thin"? Link to this guy's forum http://www.mckenna.com/forum/ there are some weird comments and questions, but the overall consensus is that this is good.

I'm not 100% convinced because I think some people will end up eating too little, which isn't going to help in the long run, but it's also obviously opening the eyes of a lot of folk.

What about the makeover of the Biggest Loser guys last night! WOW for some of them, eh?

As for me, I'm doing great and heading to the Mall as soon as the skies stop dropping stuff on my head, to get ...

Well, starting with a new bra from a store where I can get it really well adjusted; I'm tired of the supermarket ones that don't really do the job.

Then I'll go to a hair dresser (a new one - to me-, she's around the corner from my house) so my "tignasse" looks good.

Next day or so, make sure the hair looks good, make equally sure the makeup is good, bring a pair of shoes in a bag, and go shopping for some trousers/jeans (hence the shoes, boots won't be around for much longer) and hopefully also a fitted jacket.

Money??? Heck, Top Ten has a lot of nice stuff, you just have to browse through all the stuff that's not so nice to find it!

TeriM
March 24th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'm back into the swing of things this week and hope to hit the 180lb mark by the end of the month which will be 25 lbs to date :fingerscr. Hopefully hot cross bun day (aka good friday) won't extend into hot cross bun / easter candy week as per usual :o.

OK, we were away at Whistler to volunteer with the Cdn National Cross Country races and rented a condo with other friends volunteering. While it was a fun time it was definately NOT a good diet week. Lots of fabulous food, red wine, gourmet chocolate and of course free volunteer food during the day as well. Came home and went to the island to pick up the furries and mom made me my own batch of hot cross buns (yum!) and also a batch of nanaimo bars for easter.

So now I feel gross and definately need to get back to things again! Luckily the scale said I only gained 1/2 a pound but I definately won't be making my 180 lb goal by the end of this month :o.

Oh well, no point beating myself up (to much anyway :rolleyes:). One week is not a bad situation just need to make sure I don't fall all the way back to my prior evil ways :D.

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 25th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Ice your feet 2 or 3 times a day for 15-20 minutes a crack. Can do wonders for the inflammation in the tendon. Also, mild stretches before you walk and after you've been sitting for a while--lean forward against a wall or table edge, leg back, heel on floor; once with leg straight, once with knee bent. It might take a while, and improvement may be slow, but with luck... :fingerscr

Thanx, I've tried all that...truly I have... I think the best thing for my feet is to lose the extra weight so that there's less pressure.... which takes us back to the beginning of the story.... doesn't it? :shrug: Oh well... I must try to keep at it.

TeriM
March 28th, 2008, 06:03 PM
It has been a much better week this week :thumbs up. I made a big batch of yummy turkey soup and have been steady on the exercise and the scale said I'm down a pound so that makes me feel better.

How is everyone else doing?