Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Marine tosses puppy over cliff in Iraq

CearaQC
March 4th, 2008, 08:13 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=525769&in_page_id=1811

He doesn't toss it, he flat out chucks it and you can hear it go yap yap yap as it flies through the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Vw2AZCmio

Watch the video to see for yourself.

:eek::yell::mad::loser:

:sad:

Poor puppy.. probably :rip:

Anna_C
March 4th, 2008, 08:22 AM
That is just sick...I can't believe people like that actually exist...Really makes me sick...I just wish the laws were tougher because I don't understand why a human's life is worth so much more than an animal's.

Love4himies
March 4th, 2008, 08:22 AM
That is deplorable, and they video tape such cruel actions so they must be proud of what they have done. I am sick to my stomach, I hope there is enough public outcry that these guys get kicked out of the military.

Ford Girl
March 4th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch it, but I read the article. Unbelievable. :mad: Well, not really...:wall: :wall:

CearaQC
March 4th, 2008, 08:33 AM
More internet gossip on the guy that tossed the puppy.

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalism/2008/03/david-motari-ab.html

http://heraldnet.com/article/20080303/NEWS01/367822819

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_federalism/2008/03/david-motari--1.html

ancientgirl
March 4th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I couldn't watch the video, but I read the links you posted CearaQC.

I can't wrap my brain around it. It's just sick. The worst part is, not only is HE a sick :censored: but what about the guy filming it? Or any others that might have been standing around?

Hey, if you want to toss something over a cliff, why doesn't he just take a couple of steps himself. That poor little puppy:rip:

want4rain
March 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
*sarcasm* im sure our military loves this kind of press. im not, in the least bit surprised to see the video pulled. regardless of the truth behind the matter, they will find it to be a hoax im sure. :mad:

-ashley

loopoo
March 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
geez that is disgusting and i didnt watch the video:sad:

want4rain
March 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
geez that is disgusting and i didnt watch the video:sad:

you cant, its been pulled. as a matter of fact, i betcha you cant find it ANYWHERE on the web now. which is a bummer, there has to be soemone out there could have identified him.

-ashley

Love4himies
March 4th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Can the gov't pull videos off u-tube or would it be the person who posted it?

CearaQC
March 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM
That sucks it got yanked. YouTube probably took it down on their own, because in the "more info" section, the puppy tossing guy's alleged name was listed, and another person in the video can be overheard calling the puppy tosser by his last name, basically IDing him. And that in turn is against YouTube policy. Or at least that's what they are going to say I bet.

There's probably some folks out there who have downloaded the video for safekeeping. There are scripts you can use to snag YouTube videos and other streaming vids, save them as FLV files (flash type video) onto hard drives. So the video is probably not gone for good and may pop up on some other vid sharing site.

It makes Americans look bad every time the military acts up like that.

onster
March 4th, 2008, 03:02 PM
that's horrible *shudder*

yeah cearaQ, it really does give a bad name to everybody when things like this happen, also the abu ghreib scandle of pics

CearaQC
March 4th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I have another link to the video if anyone is interested.

I was right.. someone saved it and reposted it on another site, this time in the Netherlands.

Winston
March 4th, 2008, 04:49 PM
You may be able to pull the video as the poster..but once it is on the internet you really cant get rid of it...bury it maybe but not making it disappear....just figure out a different way to search for it...

I couldnt watch it either! just seeing they way he had a hold of the dog said it all for me! absolutely disgusting! they should hold this soldier up by the scruff of his neck and drop him down a cliff or something! sorry but I just cant stand people like this?? what did the poor puppy do to him? it certainly shows how that soldier perceives a life....I guess I life is not worth much to him...sickening!

He should be sent home packing!

Cindy

GSDog
March 4th, 2008, 04:57 PM
You know, dont get me wrong i dont agree WHATSOEVER what this idiot did to the pup, but this war in Iraq, very easy to lose it. Time for this guy to come back home and in my opinion, time for ALL of them to come home. Cause a lot of them are coming back in bags. Like I said i DONT commend what he did no one in their right mind would but i guess he wasnt in his right mind either...

mona_b
March 4th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You know, dont get me wrong i dont agree WHATSOEVER what this idiot did to the pup, but this war in Iraq, very easy to lose it. Time for this guy to come back home and in my opinion, time for ALL of them to come home. Cause a lot of them are coming back in bags. Like I said i DONT commend what he did no one in their right mind would but i guess he wasnt in his right mind either...

Your kidding right???????

He's f:censored: smiling...You call that loosing it????

When you loose it,there is rage...These f:censored: are doing it for the thrill....They were SOOOOOO in their right minds....If you are loosing it you are NOT going to record it with smiles on your faces.

LavenderRott
March 4th, 2008, 05:19 PM

When you loose it,there is rage...These f:censored: are doing it for the thrill....They were SOOOOOO in their right minds....If you are loosing it you are NOT going to record it with smiles on your faces.

I absolutely am not condoning what was done. However.

I do not know how I would react to things if I stepped out of my vehicle into someone's brains, listened to my best friend burn to death in front of my eyes while I could do nothing about it or have the guy standing next to me killed by a sniper.

No, when you lose it, there is not necessarily rage. Many, many things change.

Horrific things are done to animals every day by people in all walks of life. I don't see many articles posted about them. I certainly hope that all of this outrage isn't just because the perpetrator was an American Soldier.

GSDog
March 4th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Like i said: "I dont agree WHATSOEVER what this idiot did to the pup"!!!!

chico2
March 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
No need for me to watch any video and not be able to sleep,you peoples reactions are enough:evil:
There is NO excuse what so ever for this horrific deed,wether it happend in Iraq or here,NO excuse!!
I hope this young sadist gets flogged for this:thumbs up
Poor baby puppy:cry:

mona_b
March 4th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I have heard stories as to what goes on down there,well more in Afghanistan.A very good friend of mine,his best friends brother was one of the Canadian soldiers(6 came home in coffins)Donnie was the Sgt.He left a wife and 2 little ones.

It's tough down there.I have no doubt about that..I could never walk in their shoes....But I'm sorry to say,what those two did was just un called for..They had some free time to spare.

And it wouldn't have mattered if it was someone from the US or here in Canada.My reaction would be the same.

And I have been told that usually when someone looses it,it's when they are back on home ground.

Winston
March 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Doesnt seem to matter where it happens! our stupid laws are so weak that no one is held accountable...I have to beleive there is a bigger Judge!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Cindy

happycats
March 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I can't watch it, it would forever be burned in my brain if I did.

There is no excuse, and although I know many of those soldiers have seen , lived and heard more then they should, I don't think that's what did it.
This person would have to be unbalanced to begin with......pretty scary thought knowing he's running around with a gun!!

I really can't see an animal lover going off to war, and suddenly becoming an animal abuser/killer. that would be like saying all of us (animals lovers) could do that after being exposed to war. I just don't believe anything could make me abuse/kill an animal for kicks!!

To bad this soldier wasn't there when this happened!! This is a story of a soldier doing the complete opposite, as I beleive both sides should be shown, after all thses men are fighting for a dying for their country and freedom :usa::ca: And the majority of them are not like that a$$hole. http://news.bestfriends.org/index.cfm?page=news&fps=1&mode=entry&entry=FA3D3099-19B9-B9D5-9DC0160C0FBA533A

Winston
March 4th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Couldnt have said it any better Happycats..isnt that a great story! I saw that on the news or a tv show not long ago...touched my heart thats for sure!

Cindy

Shaykeija
March 5th, 2008, 12:40 AM
I cried so hard I puked.....that poor puppy...

Love4himies
March 5th, 2008, 08:26 AM

My hubby was in Rwanda, one of the first to arrive, and you are right, loosing it comes out as rage and emotional unrest, not a thrill of killing a puppy.

chico2
March 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Happycats,that is a great story about a great man and his love of animals.
I saw on Animal Planet a marine who flew a puppy home to his family way ahead of his own return from the war.:thumbs up
I am sure what this soldier did will not go unpunished,it will not bring this poor puppy back though:sad:

catttt
March 6th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Here is a copy of the video. The more people who are aware that this happened, the better.

http://www.mahalo.com/Puppy_Cliff_Video

catttt
March 6th, 2008, 02:52 PM
And the perrson who apparently threw the puppy:

http://www.beersteak.com/breaking-news/david-motari-us-marine-killed-puppy/

ancientgirl
March 9th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I don't even want to see this guys face. I saw a picture of the puppy and i wish I hadn't. What gets me is, I've been checking the online news sites daily and haven't seen anything about this. :mad:

Love4himies
March 9th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I don't even want to see this guys face. I saw a picture of the puppy and i wish I hadn't. What gets me is, I've been checking the online news sites daily and haven't seen anything about this. :mad:

Maybe the military has put a ban on anybody speaking to the media hoping it will all go away.
There will be a leak by somebody soon.

ancientgirl
March 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM
It just surprises me that the media, who are usually a bunch of sharks, haven't even shown interest in this. I really really hope this guy gets his.

I'd read a comment someone made on a video site where this was posted. While they admitted they weren't defending this guys actions, they were stating that this is a product of what these young men are going through over there.

I know war affects people in different ways. But, I find it hard to believe that it would turn a normal guy into a puppy killer. What about all the other soldiers protecting and bringing animals here. Most soldiers are so tired of seeing death, the last thing they want to do is take an innocent life like that! I think this guy is just a sick person who found a way to get his jollies and didn't think anybody would find out.

Byrd
March 9th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Seems to be a bit of an ongoing thing over there, do you guys remember the video of the four/five soldiers that were torturing the poor crippled dog? That was up here a while ago, it was horrible.

ancientgirl
March 9th, 2008, 12:52 PM
It's just sickening. These guys need some serious therapy. That or a good ass kicking.

CearaQC
March 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
They not only hurt puppies, they are spreading depleted uranium everywhere. Soooo many babies born over there are not in good shape at all. You won't see that on the evening news!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5326824137117584395

Another source

http://www.archive.org/details/BeyondTreason1

They also do nasty things to the women in the military. Most don't want to discuss it publicly because it's too shameful. And the men are happy to take photos of it all and post on the net.

Yes war makes people do crazy things, and I can totally understand that. Everyone will snap at some point and act out.

So I don't blame the solider. I blame the society he grew up in, with video games where you can steal, kill, pimp, deal drugs, etc. Society where being bad seems somehow encouraged due to all the violent entertainment out there so readily available. They claim to have age limits on those products but time and time again children are exposed and then grow up thinking that behavior is normal.

In other words, people are encouraged to act violently, and then they are punished for it. Who's really to blame?

Punishing one soldier is like taking a pill to ease a symptom, but does not cure the disease.

I'm not condoning his behavior but I see the bigger picture. There's so much more happening that hardly anyone is aware of.

:sad:

:wall:

:frustrated:

:cry:

CyberKitten
March 9th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I don't care if it happened in the military- and I have been in some horrible situations where people who have nothing cared for their pets in similar countries - or if it occurred here in North America. It is still atrocious and the person who did it regardless of his occupation or whether or not he is a soldier, should be punished. The same rules apply to soldiers when they are at war as apply here. No exceptions. I always felt a responsibility to be a good ambassador for my country when I was overseas with Drs without Borders and I think most ppl in the military feel that way too. Clearly, this fellow did not.

Byrd
March 15th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I found the other video I was talking about: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6445f9fdd7

Some nasty :censored: