Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Small red bumps all over Mocha's body

Mocha2204
March 4th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Hello guys,

The story is a bit long...I bathed Mocha last Friday and found 3 bad knots over her body so I seen a groomer and she said her skin is v dry and her fur looks dull.

So she introduced me to omega blend (contain fatty acids-www.vetsallnatural.com.au)and I mix 5ml of it to my dog food yesterday.

And today, I noticed that there are some small red bumps all over her body. When I traced the bumps to its roots, I can see redness and clots (sticky) at the roots.

Some of the bumps also produced a clear sticky liquid which cause the clots at the roots.

Mocha also like to rub her backs against the carpet..I think they are itchy
I went to the vet and the vet says its just allergies..but im scared!

Has anyone experienced this before?
Any opinions/advice will be greatly appreciated.:lovestruck:

Cheers,
Luisa

clm
March 4th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Did the vet do any testing to see if it's food allergies or allergies to grass or pollen?

Cindy

Mocha2204
March 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Hello there,

No, the vet doesnt do any testing. When I asked him to examine those small bumps, he barely look at it.

I dont really trust him >< but I have asked him several times if the bumps are ok.

He just said its some allergy that cant really be treated. And he told me to try this oatmeal shampoo.

Thats it

:mad:

tongamoggie
March 4th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Hey there,

I would seriously recommend you find a new vet! There most certainly are treatments for allergies. I've had two dogs with allergies. One was food related the other was seasonal. The dog with seasonal allergies was given a shot plus pills that controlled the itch.

You may also want to try changing back from the new food, that would be my suspicion. Also, you can give your dog benedryl for the itching...although you should first ask your vet what the dosage should be for the weight of your dog and also always check with a vet before giving any medication. I have had a dog that reacted to something..maybe wasps, or spider bite..never new what it was. All three dogs had differant reactions. The food allergy...dobie....he would get hot spots...the hair would fall out in that area and the skin would ooze etc and of course he would continuously lick and scratch it. I new the culprit...dairy products...and he was an exceptional thief..always counter surfing etc. The bouvier had seasonal allergies and would chew his back from the base of his tail upwards until it was a bloody mess. We went to several differant vets until that was solved . Your vet should be doing a skin scraping to rule out dermatiphyts (spelling>) ....mange....mites, scabies and or ringworm(fungus). Anyways, he could have picked something up from the groomer..you never know. Anyways, find another vet...quickly...it stinks to be itchy all the time...could even be fleas or a flea allergy..so many things to chose from..unfortunately...but for sure I'd find out about benedryl to alleviate the itch and change the food back to what he was on prior. Add a good coat suppliment....but only once the bumps disappear...if they do...it was the new food.
good luck

tongamoggie
March 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Guess I read your note to quickly...it was a suppliment. Anyways, stop the suppliment....omega 3 = fish oils...could be an allergic reaction to that...I dont know...but certainly you need to find out via skin scraping etc. I hope you solve the problem quickly...I know how frustrating things like that can be...

Deb