Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Is he marking? PLZ help!

boosbe
March 3rd, 2008, 05:17 PM
Hi all my pup who is almost 10 weeks old has been doing something I think may be marking. Lastnight within a 30 min time frame he peed 12 times:yell:! I did take him inside and he pees 5 of those times out there , otherwise it was all over my basement. I put him in his crate for lack of anything else to do with him. I was worried he may be sick but was told it is marking. He has been doing it again this evening. If it is marking, how can I get him to stop??? Or atleast have him only/mostly do it outdoors? Thanks!

LavenderRott
March 3rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dogs don't generally mark until they are sexually mature. Sounds to me more like you should have him checked for a urinary tract infection.

TeriM
March 3rd, 2008, 07:28 PM
I agree, you should definately get him to a vet ASAP and checked out for a likely urinary infection.

A 10 week old puppy would not be marking and it sounds like this is not just a regular house training issue. How was the house-training going before this issue? Most pups are not fully house trained or physically even able to hold it until they are closer to 3-4 months.

If a vet clears him of any physical problems then consider changing his food, it might be irritating his system. Also, my lab had a few spells where he seemed to pee constantly for a few days and then was fine. We ruled out vet issues and it just seemed part of his growing process.