Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sheeba the toofless puppy

CearaQC
March 3rd, 2008, 01:24 AM
Just noticed a few minutes ago... Sheeba has lost 4 teeth already. The two middle ones at the front of the mouth at both top and bottom.

Too cute.

I guess no more corn cob bites for Sheeba for a while. :laughing:

She'll be 4 months old soon. Wow does time fly!

growler~GateKeeper
March 3rd, 2008, 01:38 AM
Where's the toofless pic :yell: :sad:

Didya find them & keep baby puppy teef :cloud9: :lovestruck:

4 months already :eek: :cloud9:

CearaQC
March 3rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
I'll try to get a pic but no guarantee!

The digicam is acting up ever since hubby messed with it by trying to use it as a pseudo web cam to record videos of himself playing guitar. Half the time it won't even turn on now and when it does it won't take pictures. And if I can get the camera to work, how can I keep the puppy still? :laughing: She's a busy girl (so she thinks) and has lots of puppy stuff to be doing and there's no time for posing. :laughing: Gotta chase the cat and chew her toy, bite Belle's ears, sneak off to see if she can steal a piece of wood or birch bark from the wood pile, sniff the kitchen floor for any tidbits she may have missed last time.... she keeps me busy.

No, can't find the teeth. Did she swallow them? :shrug: I did find little blood stain spots on a pillow case, but no teef.

ancientgirl
March 3rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
She's a big girl then for 4 months. But I probably think that because I'm used to having cats.

She might have swallowed the teeth, but look around. I got lucky and just after I moved in, I found a tooth, I'm not sure if it belonged to Vlad or Oksana, but I saved it. Then a few weeks ago I found another one, which I know was Maks' since he had his baby tooth, just about ready to go.

JanM
March 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM
Bet she ate 'em... Both Bobby and Amber swallowed all of their teeth. Sounds like she's growing up real fast too...

Ford Girl
March 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Ooooooo! So cute I bet!!! What does she weigh, do you know? When is her next vet appt?

I have 6 of Dazy's teeth...they are large tho, not the teeny tiny teeth I thought would have come out!! ha!

hazelrunpack
March 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Poor Sheeba! It sounds like she may lose her teeth the same way Cole did. All his front ones fell out over two days; he waited a week; then all his back ones fell out over four days the following week! :rolleyes: So Sheriff Cole sends Sheeba lots of sympathy vibes! :dog:

I managed to save quite a few of his teeth for my rather gruesome jewelry box collection! :D (I'd love to see a thief's face as he checks for valuables and finds multiple collections of puppy teeth, my wisdom teeth yes, hazel is really weird, locks of dog fur, and parakeet feathers! :laughing: )

Check in the pile of the carpet or throw rug--often we'd catch Cole sort of picking at the fibers. He was hooking the baby teeth in the carpet and using it to pull them out. Blankets are a favorite teething item, too--especially big nubbly ones.

Are you freezing damp (old) washcloths for her? They love to chew on those when they're teething, and you can collect a tooth now and then that way, as well. :D

I hope you get that camera fixed soon, Ceara! :yell: Just tell her to smile big at the camera when you do so we can see those purrty gums! :dog:

CearaQC
March 3rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well I had a vet appointment the first week of February, but then we got a nasty snow storm and the plow guy was 3 days late getting to our driveway. He must have lots of customers. Anyway, I called the vet and said I can't make the appointment, can we reschedule? They said yeah sure.... then gave me a date of April 2!!!

And that February appointment was made in November.

We really need another vet here.

Not a speck of carpet to be found in this house. Those teeth are so teeny tiny that I doubt I'll ever be able to find them.

Sasha (litter mate) next door only has 2 teeth missing.

Sheeba's been real good about chewing stuff and teething. She has a Kong, a doggie tire and Belle for chew toys. lol She's doing real good at not biting people but loves to chomp Belle's ears.

hazelrunpack
March 3rd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Aw, bummer! It's just not a jewelry box unless it has some puppy teeth in it! :laughing: Maybe you'll be able to find a back tooth when they come out--they're a little bigger. :fingerscr

Wow, that's a long time to wait for a vet appt. You really do need at least one more in your area. Is he able to see acute cases fairly quickly and just schedules routine stuff around the 'must see now' stuff?

CearaQC
March 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure how they are in emergencies because I haven't had an emergency yet. But they did squeeze me in right after she gave birth which was nice. The regular appointments do take forever though. The place is so small, always packed and never enough chairs and you have to trip over people like going down a row in a movie theatre just to get to the weight scale. I feel sorry for people with aggressive or really sick animals who would lash out in that kind of environment.

I know someone who had their dog put to sleep recently because it was really old, couldn't see, couldn't hear, lost control of bowels/bladder, and basically had no life. And they made her wait almost a week to get in for that.

want4rain
March 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
OH MY GOSH i thougth i was the only one who was neurotic over teeth!!!! i have 4 of Misters teeth and 3 of the boys. we didnt have Frances or Baby Girl as kittens... not to mention ALL of the teeth Cailyn lost. :D dorky me!!!

-ashley