Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sun Interview from 2006

babyrocky1
March 2nd, 2008, 11:59 PM
Violet has posted the interview she did with Peter Worthnothing... its on the co-op website..
www.pitbullcoop.2ya.com
on the left hand side you will see a small link that has recent news, you click on that and you can see the interview as well as the paper from today with the pics!

Brooster
March 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Yes Peter is not our friend. He's all about that breeding thing. You can't breed agression and viciousness, you train, antagonize, and beat it into them. Could you take a puppy from M Vick dogs and bring it up to be a loving animal, of course you could.
BTW, the Sun , after a two page spread, didn't recieve one letter about the dogs. And the poll #'s posted, disagree with the archived #'s.
Nobody's writing?

babyrocky1
March 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
thats strange cuz a lot of peeps on one of the other sites I am on said they were writing...they didn't receive them or didn't print them?

Saradog
March 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
It is probably (a) they're not going to print any, (b) they're reading them and deciding which to print. I can't believe that they didn't receive any letters.

wdawson
March 3rd, 2008, 11:04 PM
peter has never been our friend....bill carrol on 1010 cfrb is anti pit also.

babyrocky1
March 3rd, 2008, 11:41 PM
heres what the inside of the Sun actually looked like... bottom pic is Vi and Messina and top one, one of our most cherished co-op members, Nicki...

babyrocky1
March 3rd, 2008, 11:48 PM
The second article was probably not read by most people as It was hard to get it on line.. there was a link but it was hard to follow and the pics didn't come up.. when we were contacted by the Sun it was not by the writer of the article... the person speaking to us seemed really concerned about the number of "pit bulls" being sent to "doggy death row", his term...
although the article did keep to that theme, there were some parts of it where we were definately misquoted and the caption below Violetta and Messina really tics me off.... anyhow.. hopefully we were able to get across some of the urgency and desperation that we feel for our dogs as well as the hundreds being needlessly murdered..

babyrocky1
March 3rd, 2008, 11:52 PM
peter has never been our friend....bill carrol on 1010 cfrb is anti pit also.
Bill Carrol has been an A$$ ever since he left Q107!
He was probably one then too but hid it better:crazy:
Q107 however, named Bryant "Tool of the Day"!

:DI think he is more deserving of a Tool of the decade!:D

NoahGrey
March 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Does someone have a Link to the Sun Article? I would love to read it. Thanks.

ACO22

Love4himies
March 4th, 2008, 12:25 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2008/03/02/4887416-sun.html

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2008/03/02/4887415-sun.html

NoahGrey
March 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2008/03/02/4887416-sun.html

http://www.torontosun.com/News/TorontoAndGTA/2008/03/02/4887415-sun.html

Thanks for the links. I would also like to add, that I hate Toronto Animal Servcies. They put down at least 50% of what they bring in, while the Toronto Humane Society puts down 10% of what they bring in.

ACO22

babyrocky1
March 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the links. I would also like to add, that I hate Toronto Animal Servcies. They put down at least 50% of what they bring in, while the Toronto Humane Society puts down 10% of what they bring in.

ACO22
You guys may think this is odd coming from me, but TAS is not necessarily pro ban, while they do need to follow the legislation, the legislation as we all know is made by politicians... I know for a fact, and you guys will just have to trust me on t his one.. (or not I guess) that there are people within TAS that dedicate themselves to saving these bullies and if it weren't for these folks, more bullies would be dead... theres good and bad in every organization and certainly in a government organization, theres not much room for the people working in it to have either an opinion and even less room to take action, my point is just this, there are both good and bad people working for TAS... the good ones are very, very, good.:pawprint:

NoahGrey
March 5th, 2008, 03:15 PM
You guys may think this is odd coming from me, but TAS is not necessarily pro ban, while they do need to follow the legislation, the legislation as we all know is made by politicians... I know for a fact, and you guys will just have to trust me on t his one.. (or not I guess) that there are people within TAS that dedicate themselves to saving these bullies and if it weren't for these folks, more bullies would be dead... theres good and bad in every organization and certainly in a government organization, theres not much room for the people working in it to have either an opinion and even less room to take action, my point is just this, there are both good and bad people working for TAS... the good ones are very, very, good.:pawprint:

I know that they are following legislation. I have to follow it too, as I work for a Humane Society. I was just talking about TAS in general. Another rule of thumb...get to know your City shelters. There is a HUGE difference between City run shelters and non-profit shelters.

The city is more into the 'control' aspect, while spcas/humane societies are more in saving. City shelters also can and do turn over animals for research. Spca/humane societies are against this. Just one of many.

ACO22

ACO22

babyrocky1
March 6th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I agree with you, and of course privately run shelters are able to advocate more for the animals than city run ones are... they provide vastly different services. THS certainly don't have a mandate or a desire to enforce bill 132 like the city does..
When this all started I spoke to Tim Trowe at length about the legislation and the co-op. He was very supportive and offered us the use of the facilities for the group... I just wanted to make the point that there are good people working at TAS that can't go public with how they feel or how they help.