Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Don't know how much more I can take

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Warning , rant coming .....

So I get this e-mail from one of my ex coworker with whom I stayed in touch. He's asking me if I can place his dog. When I ask him why , he says wifey is sick of all the poop , sick of the dog digging and sending dirt and fur in their pool. And then he writes , he hopes I understand and that HE loves his dog very much. Wifey is the one with the problem :rolleyes:

So my reply was : no , I didn't understand. Telling ME one dog makes too much poop , when he knows I have 3 big dogs here , and sometimes 4 when I have a foster. I wrote that the dog HAS to poop and it's THEIR responsability to pick it up and if he's digging , it's THEIR responsability to take him for walks and play with him so he doesn't get bored. And it's THEIR responsability to brush him and feed him good food so he sheds less ..... :wall: funny that he did not talk about the picture of a Yorkshire he sent me with the picture of his other dog .... guess the Yorkshire is smaller ,cuter and younger, this one is a keeper. :mad:

So now I guess it's MY responsability to place this dog or else he'll end up at the pound. :wall: I get so many e-mails like this one , thank dog I always get help from other rescues , but I don't know how much more I can take. :sad:

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
aww Frenchy :sad: :grouphug:

:evil: Tell him to rehome the wifey :mwaha:

onster
March 2nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
ummmmm...sick of the poop??? :wall::wall::wall: What did they want some robo-dog that doesnt poop?

the poor pup. And poor frenchy :grouphug::grouphug: I dont know how u do it...id end up in jail for bashing someones head in. :wall:....ure an :angel:

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
I'm with growler. :frustrated: I wish I were closer--I have a kennel building with heat that his wife could stay in...surrounded by setters. :mwaha:

but then the setters would have to come in to clean up, eat, and go to bed with us! :laugh:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
aww Frenchy :sad: :grouphug:

:evil: Tell him to rehome the wifey :mwaha:

I think both of them (him and wifey) would need to be rehome. If HE would take care of this dog properly , wifey wouldn't complain. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
That's okay...the kennels are big enough for 2. :laughing:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
That's okay...the kennels are big enough for 2. :laughing:

But the kennels are heated ? Might be too much luxury , it might make them shed and poop more :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
I think both of them (him and wifey) would need to be rehome. If HE would take care of this dog properly , wifey wouldn't complain. :shrug:

They don't realise that even w/ a tiny yorkie, when you don't pick it up it accumulates & makes a big poop pile :wall: :loser:

too bad you can't make them sign a no dogs allowed contract :D

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
But the kennels are heated ? Might be too much luxury , it might make them shed and poop more :rolleyes:

No problem--we'll just cut the LP feed to the building! :thumbs up

rainbow
March 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
What :censored: :loser:'s :mad: :wall: :wall:

I think I would take the dog and then go dump a big Glad garbage bag of poop in their yard. :D

onster
March 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
lol...hahaha i like rainbows idea best :D:D pics please!! hehe....ill donate some cat poop for the cause.

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
I've got lots to donate... :evil:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 01:04 PM

I think I would take the dog and then go dump a big Glad garbage bag of poop in their yard. :D

lol...hahaha i like rainbows idea best :D:D pics please!! hehe....ill donate some cat poop for the cause.

:laughing: Thanks for the offer Onster but I have enough poop here to do this :laughing:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
I've got lots to donate... :evil:

:laughing: now now Hazel , we're talking about covering one small backyard , not a football field :laughing:

onster
March 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
but bunduk ( didnt wanna say hazel so we dont confuse :p) has the smelliest poop in all of the land...and he wanted to contribute :cry: It even comes with little pieces of wire for decoration...and other mischealaneous chewed items. For once he thought he could use his super poop for good :sad:

rainbow
March 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
:lightbulb: and don't forget to throw a match on the bag when you drop it off so it's a "flaming bag of poop". :evil:

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 2nd, 2008, 01:53 PM
Ok Ok... I'm getting a visual on all that.... it's about now that I'm glad I have cats!:cat::cat:

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 01:58 PM
but if you scoop after they poop - same as with cats there's no problem

as for the digging - if they had properly trained/socialized/exercised/mentally stimulated the pup he wouldn't be digging

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM
but if you scoop after they poop - same as with cats there's no problem

as for the digging - if they had properly trained/socialized/exercised/mentally stimulated the pup he wouldn't be digging

Yep , I did explain everything to him .... I guess taking properly care of a dog is too much to ask. :frustrated:

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
I'm guessing they have no kids :fingerscr

Did they keep the Yorkie?

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
You know , my Daisy :rip: was dumped at the spca because at 8 yr old , she was too old to give anymore pups :mad: and she had obviously just had given birth !

While I was filling out the adoption papers , a couple walked in with a beautiful , fun loving 3 yr old black lab. They we're dumping him , saying he was too excited and would jump on people , spca employee ask if he was neutered .... they said no. So she said : maybe you should start with that ! The couple said , nope , we don't have time for him anyway , the woman saying she went back to work .... like everyone who has dogs don't work :wall:

I was so mad when I heard this , and so sad when I saw the employee took the leash and got the dog in the back ... he seems so happy , he didn't know what was happening to him yet. :sad:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm guessing they have no kids :fingerscr

Did they keep the Yorkie?

Yes they have a son , he's in his twenties , don't know if he still lives at home. I asked about the Yorkie (mostly how come he got another dog!) but he did not answered that question ! We are e-mailing right now because I simply do not want to speak to him !

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM
At least they don't have little kids to neglect like the dog :sad:

Be aware he might ask you in the future to place the Yorkie too :sad:

Poor Daisy :sad: & poor Lab pup :sad:

why don't people understand they have feelings too :sad:, it's a lifetime commitment :yell:

ancientgirl
March 2nd, 2008, 03:07 PM
Oh brother! Didn't they think dogs pooped? I can't stand people like that. It's like they want a pet just for the sake of saying they have a dog or cat or whatever they might have.

I think his wife has issues, and he does too for not having the cojones to tell her they aren't rehoming the poor dog.

Like you said, it's their responsibility to clean up after him and to keep him from being so bored that he will dig the yard.

chico2
March 2nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Frenchy I would forward all our posts to make him realize what a complete and utter jerk he is.
He LOVES his dog,that must be a joke:yell:
I think this poor deprived dog probably would be better off somewhere else,how can you be loving an animal and at the same time be so willing to dump him:censored:jerk.
Poor you for having to deal with unfeeling morons.
I like the idea with the garbage-bag:laughing:
My Baileys backyard is full of poop(owners clean it up in the spring),I am sure there is a garbage-bag of poop there.

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 04:04 PM
My Baileys backyard is full of poop(owners clean it up in the spring),I am sure there is a garbage-bag of poop there.

:eek: they never clean up until spring ? That's extremely unsanitary ! :yuck:

SARAH
March 2nd, 2008, 04:14 PM

it's about now that I'm glad I have cats!:cat::cat:

Well, I can donate dog-poop AND even stinkier cat-poop! Don't mind throwing in some peed-in-sand as well :evil:

chico2
March 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Oh well,that's them and Bailey has a LOT of poop for a smallish dog,I take 3 poopbags when we go for a walk:dog:

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2008, 05:38 PM
Awww poor Frenchy, :grouphug:. Some people are just so irresponsible.

If he really loves the dog, he would take proper care of it. Poor dog.

Rottielover
March 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Poor you:grouphug:

Well I just found this on craigslist :(
looking for a home for a golden retriever, he's 7 years old. he's name is boomer he loves kids and playing with other dogs. loves taking walks and loves playing in the snow.

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Rottielover :

http://bestsmileys.com/notlistening/2.gif

:o

I used to reply to those ads , but I got tired of being accused of wanted to make money with their dogs !! Or getting responses like : mind your own f****** business.

Shaykeija
March 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM

I was thinking the pool should get a poop dump...LOL

growler~GateKeeper
March 3rd, 2008, 12:01 AM
I was thinking the pool should get a poop dump...LOL

:laugh: :thumbs up

krdahmer
March 3rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
aww Frenchy :sad: :evil: Tell him to rehome the wifey :mwaha:

I second that for sure!

You know , my Daisy :rip: was dumped at the spca because at 8 yr old , she was too old to give anymore pups and she had obviously just had given birth !

While I was filling out the adoption papers , a couple walked in with a beautiful , fun loving 3 yr old black lab. They we're dumping him , saying he was too excited and would jump on people , spca employee ask if he was neutered .... they said no. So she said : maybe you should start with that ! The couple said , nope , we don't have time for him anyway , the woman saying she went back to work .... like everyone who has dogs don't work

I was so mad when I heard this , and so sad when I saw the employee took the leash and got the dog in the back ... he seems so happy , he didn't know what was happening to him yet. :sad:

:cry::cry::cry:

I love all the new buttons and advertising now that states that pets are not disposable!... I just wish more people noticed them and it made a bigger difference:sad:... God bless you Frenchy for all the work you do to help these poor dogs... and that you don't hold back when giving your opinion to the :censored: owners! :grouphug:

chico2
March 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
My sentiment exactly,you are a true :angel2:Frenchy!!
I just have such a hard time understanding,how you can look into the eyes of a trusting loving animal and dump him/her,I will never understand:cry:

joeysmama
March 3rd, 2008, 03:41 PM
I agree with Growler. Rehome the wife. I don't understand how anyone can love a mean woman anyway.:shrug: I hate when people get mad at dogs because they poop !! What in the world !?!? Did someone trick them into thinking it was a stuffed animal and when they got it home they found out that it has to eat, and poop and maybe, I don't know...play? Or do something besides be an ornament?

At the shelter here in town they found a doggie tied up outside one mroning when they got there. Two days later a man came in with papers proving it was his dog. Vet bills showing that he took care of the dog etc. he told them his wife got mad at thim and dumped the dog to spite him but it was all resolved, blah blah blah. They didn't want to give him back. But eventually the relented because they were overcrowded and the dog was sooooo happy to see his human.

Guess who they found tied up outside the shelter a few days later????:mad::mad: This b **ch kept dropping the dog off in the middle of the night. They were so sorry they let the idiot have the dog back the first time and I think they were almost hoping he would try to come back again so they could let him have it !!

loopoo
March 3rd, 2008, 10:17 PM
another moron how sad... i admire so much what you do frenchy the actual fostering, , i have helped with rescues and such and still write some back on ads like the dreaded craigslist.. have had the odd wanker response, oh well karma has a way of biting people back in the $%^ is what i say when they do respond like that, when i do get the odd thank you for the suggestions or nice responses it is cool, good to know not all people are completely clueless, and that some have a heart.. i wonder how that woman ever handled her sons dirty diapers...

Love4himies
March 4th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I wonder if the wife wanted the dog in the first place, maybe she didn't, hubby got it promising to take care of it, hubby didn't live up to his part. Maybe wifey has the children to take care of, house to take care and works and something has to give, maybe she is exhausted while hubby sits on his butt watching TV and not doing his share. If he truely loved and wanted the dog, he would make sure the poop is cleaned up, he would make sure the dog was walked, he would make sure the dog was trained.

We don't know the situation at home, we shouldn't get too upset with wifey unless we know her side of the story.

danaekitty
March 4th, 2008, 10:22 AM
This thread has such a wide range - between hilarity and sadness. Nothing better than a convo about poo. Seriously.
Frenchy, you must get so frustrated at people like this!
I hope that lab you saw found a good home quick. It really is sad. And that story about the woman who leaves the dog tied up overnight?!?!?
What a C-Word!

Frenchy
March 4th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I wonder if the wife wanted the dog in the first place, maybe she didn't, hubby got it promising to take care of it, hubby didn't live up to his part. Maybe wifey has the children to take care of, house to take care and works and something has to give, maybe she is exhausted while hubby sits on his butt watching TV and not doing his share. If he truely loved and wanted the dog, he would make sure the poop is cleaned up, he would make sure the dog was walked, he would make sure the dog was trained.

We don't know the situation at home, we shouldn't get too upset with wifey unless we know her side of the story.

They had this dog for 6 years. No young kids , both are working and other than at work , wifey is always home , she never goes out. Only watches tv ....

Frenchy
March 4th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Also what makes me feel so bad is , when foster Ben left , I decided to not take any other fosters since vet told me Sam had 2 to 6 months to live (cancer)

For Daisy , I had a foster up until 2 weeks before she died 1 1/2 year ago , I don't want to go down that road again .... so all I can do right now is try to find foster homes,rescues,families for all the homeless dogs I hear about. :sad:

danaekitty
March 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Don't feel bad, Frenchy, you're doing the best you can. As caring as you can be towards strangers and others, you have to look after your own family first. We all know you'd take this dog in a heartbeat if you felt comfortable doing so.
:grouphug:

want4rain
March 4th, 2008, 12:04 PM
as a wife with kids... thanks for the vote of confidence but lemme tell you something grrlfriend-

im a working (yes, i have a job) stay at home mom who cooks, cleans, picks up dog poo, trains the dog, does home work with the 8yo, fixes lunches, changes poopy diapers, fixes the broken sink, feeds (raw mind you!!!) and then cleans up after the pets eat at 9pm at night, i do the laundry, drive the kids around to their functions (piano and TKD), plan birthday parties AND BAKE THE CAKE MYSELF!!! i wash toilets, wipe up the wandering toddlers food messes AND takes on (in full) the task of making sure ALL living creatures in my home are physically, mentally and emotionally healthy, from the smallest of the small to the largest of the large.

i was still in the fence with the dog when my husband came home with him, i didnt ASK for the 2nd two cats who 'just showed up' and i threatened to 'get rid' of Mister more times than you guys know..... but i never did it. i never just stupidly(not that there is a smartly way) dropped him off somewhere (although i threatened him on a few occasions :o good thing he doesnt understand english all that well!!! but you know... fair is fair.... ive threatened to 'put Jeffrey back' and 'sell Cailyn to the gypsies' and 'quit my wife job' on a number occasions!!!). now we HAVE seriously talked of finding him a new home due to financial reasons and still may but we have had a few money breaks lately AND my favorite grocery store is opening a place right in town. hopefully they need late night stockers....

anyway.... i got a little off track there... my point is, its a life, its a responsibility. there ARE some circumstances worth rehoming your pets but being a lazy slacker :censored: isnt one of them. sometimes there isnt enough money and you just cant squeeze blood from a stone but you can always make TIME, a little extra effort... and that goes for BOTH of them!!

dont ask me how i pull off my life but i do... not only do i do it but i do it well AND get pictures!!! AND chat on pets.ca. :cool:

ok, im done tooting my own horn now. i have a few questions abotu Evo for cats.... but ive done enough thread-jacking-like-actions for one day.

-ash

Love4himies
March 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM
They had this dog for 6 years. No young kids , both are working and other than at work , wifey is always home , she never goes out. Only watches tv ....

Well then wifey should go, dog should stay. Maybe she would be a happier person if she got some exercise and fresh air by taking the dog for a walk.

ancientgirl
March 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Well then wifey should go, dog should stay. Maybe she would be a happier person if she got some exercise and fresh air by taking the dog for a walk.

Then is sounds like she's jut a lazy **tch.:mad:

bananapanties
March 4th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Frenchy--what kind of dog? Superbananapanties to the rescue!

We really want another dog, but probably couldn't do it anyway.....

As for the digging and the poop, I've found that (if you're walking and playing with them and they still dig) using the holes they dig to bury the poop gives them an unpleasant surprise. It's cut back on digging here.

Maybe he could bury wifey in one of the holes instead? Probably be about the same.

chico2
March 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
W4R,hurray for you girl,your life sounds like a place I used to be in 100yrs ago:thumbs up

Magicwildwolf69
March 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Maybe he could bury wifey in one of the holes instead? Probably be about the same.[/QUOTE]

Now i have this imagine of a head popping out of the hole and the dog quickly trying to rebury it as soon as he sees who it is :laughing:

:thankyou: to you frenchy for taking care of animals jerks don't want. All i remember from when i was younger was having my little kitten disappear and found out 10 years later that it was my grandfather who took my kitten and dropped it off somewhere!!!! Good thing i take after him for my love of animals :rolleyes:

bananapanties
March 4th, 2008, 05:11 PM
I had a friend who had two golden retrievers and didn't want them anymore, so she thought she was doing them a favor when she "set them free". I was so angry with her we stopped speaking. She didn't even offer them to me to care for. She figured they were wild animals and should be returned to the wild....I tried to explain the error of her logic and how dogs are domesticated and have relied on humans for thousands of years. No dice. She wouldn't even go looking for them with me. They never turned up at the shelter, so hopefully some family where she abandoned them took them in--they were so sweet.

want4rain
March 4th, 2008, 06:28 PM
As for the digging and the poop, I've found that (if you're walking and playing with them and they still dig) using the holes they dig to bury the poop gives them an unpleasant surprise. It's cut back on digging here.

brilliance!!! sheer brilliance!!

-ash

hazelrunpack
March 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM

Only here, we have 3 of the 8 who are dedicated poop eaters! :laughing: 2 of those poop eaters are also the biggest diggers. It would only encourage them! :rolleyes:

Frenchy
March 4th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Frenchy--what kind of dog? Superbananapanties to the rescue!

We really want another dog, but probably couldn't do it anyway.....

Max is in Quebec / Canada , a bit out of your way :shrug: