and what a pretty sight :D

Frenchy
March 1st, 2008, 11:00 PM
WHAT ? You have flowers ? But it's March 1 ! :eek:

That's it , I'm moving West :p

They're beautiful JanM :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
March 1st, 2008, 11:03 PM
Beautiful pic Jan :thumbs up Your pic turned out much better than mine did :D and your flowers are fully open not curled from the rain :rolleyes: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2008, 11:29 PM
Despite our blanket of more than a foot of snow, it must really be spring! :D

I saw a sign today, too--a bluebird along the highway. :cloud9:

Flowers, though, are a very long way off yet... My poor bluebird should head out your way, Jan. He'd be a lot happier, I'm sure!

rainbow
March 1st, 2008, 11:30 PM
Very pretty....I love the colour. :cloud9:

CearaQC
March 2nd, 2008, 06:05 AM
tee hee! How cute, little iris. It's like I can hear their squeaky voices saying "hellllllooooooooo!" in a cute old lady English accent.

You have a rock garden area? How about a wide angle shot so we can see more? hehe

:evil:

But it's nice to see some flowers are blooming somewhere, while we are getting another foot of snow. Joy!

want4rain
March 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
awww, i have some flowers blooming, ill try to get my pics up of whats peeking out of the ground and whats shouting its beauty.

waaa!! my irises arent blooming yet!! and im considerably more south than you are!!!!!

-ashley

Lukka'sma
March 2nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Despite our blanket of more than a foot of snow, it must really be spring! :D

I saw a sign today, too--a bluebird along the highway. :cloud9:Flowers, though, are a very long way off yet... My poor bluebird should head out your way, Jan. He'd be a lot happier, I'm sure!

WHAT!!!!!!!!
Hazel I am in shock at how all the birds seem to flock just east of the nut-patch:laughing::laughing:
You always get all the birds:yell::yell:
Just wait till I tell chico

JanM I love your Dwarf Iris picture
they are absolutely beautiful.

JanM
March 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Frenchy - come on out! I saw your snow pictures and shuddered :D

Growler - we haven't had nearly enough rain here this winter - it's actually a bit scary!

Hazel - please send the bluebird out here - give him directions too 'cause I've never seen a bluebird ..

CearaQC - nope, no rock garden - I built one a few of years ago in the back yard and, if I do say so myself - it was beautiful - but I removed it so the dogs would have more room to run and play..

The Fawn Lilies are just poking through so they should bloom in about a week. My Hummingbird feeder is out - a few early birds have been sighted in Nanaimo .... can't wait til they are back here!

BMDLuver
March 2nd, 2008, 08:52 AM
There's hope in Quebec, a cardinal was singing up a storm in my yard today!

Those dwarf irises are lovely......... why do I live here again? :wall: