Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

So mad I could scream

pitgrrl
March 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
So the Bf had to go out of town for a couple of days and I wanted to make sure I had enough food for the dogs before he left as one of the places I buy stuff is clear across town. To do this I got up super early to head over there before he left.

I called ahead to made sure they had what I needed, I clearly told the sales person what it was when I got there (as it's in the back so an employee has to get it for you) and then bought a months worth of what I thought was the correct thing.

A few minutes ago I start taking food out of the freezer for the morning, only to realize I've been given entirely the wrong thing and I can't feed the stuff I was given. One of the dogs is ill and since I'm alone I can't leave him to physically go and try to exchange the stuff, which poses a pretty big problem since I only have a tiny bit of food left. :wall:

I'm also fairly certain that I'll be given a hard time about exchanging it since it's frozen. I'm seriously so mad I'm almost in tears (okay, the sick dog is probably contributing to this). :yell:

Frenchy
March 1st, 2008, 08:47 PM
What did they gave you instead ?

pitgrrl
March 1st, 2008, 08:51 PM
The same company makes a meat/veggie patties (I wanted just meat/organ), but it's an absurd amount of vegetable and sure to give Streets at the very least, and maybe Basil, a messed up stomach.

Is it too much to ask that stores pick up their phone at 10pm? :laughing:

Frenchy
March 1st, 2008, 08:58 PM
And will they still get upset stomach if you give them probiotic pills ?

pitgrrl
March 1st, 2008, 09:02 PM
My dogs are so "special" that even probiotics cause problems :laughing:

They're not normal, at all, which is why I make the trek all over town to the one place that sells this one specific thing and why I always tell them exactly what I need 10,000 times.

If they won't return it I guess one of you lovely Montreal ladies will be getting a nice big present :D

Frenchy
March 1st, 2008, 09:10 PM
:fingerscr that they will take it back , it's still frozen .... if not , tell them you will unleash Streets and Basil on them so they get their raw meat dinner themselves :laughing:

rainbow
March 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Since you are a regular customer and the product is still frozen I don't see why they wouldn't take it back. After all, it was THEIR mistake.

pitgrrl
March 1st, 2008, 09:56 PM
Well, I guess the up side is that it'll help me learn to be more assertive :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
Since you are a regular customer and the product is still frozen I don't see why they wouldn't take it back. After all, it was THEIR mistake.

exactly :thumbs up especially since someone in the store should know you never buy it with the veggies :shrug:

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2008, 07:24 AM
I would go back and insist on an exchange since it was the sales person's fault. I find being assertive but polite can go miles.

Good luck.

Shabby
March 2nd, 2008, 08:08 AM
So the Bf had to go out of town for a couple of days and I wanted to make sure I had enough food for the dogs before he left as one of the places I buy stuff is clear across town. To do this I got up super early to head over there before he left.

I called ahead to made sure they had what I needed, I clearly told the sales person what it was when I got there (as it's in the back so an employee has to get it for you) and then bought a months worth of what I thought was the correct thing.

A few minutes ago I start taking food out of the freezer for the morning, only to realize I've been given entirely the wrong thing and I can't feed the stuff I was given. One of the dogs is ill and since I'm alone I can't leave him to physically go and try to exchange the stuff, which poses a pretty big problem since I only have a tiny bit of food left. :wall:

I'm also fairly certain that I'll be given a hard time about exchanging it since it's frozen. I'm seriously so mad I'm almost in tears (okay, the sick dog is probably contributing to this). :yell:

Okay, you need to get on the phone and call this place. Tell them you were there earlier and the girl has given you the completely wrong order! Tell her your dog is too ill to be left alone and that THEY will have to arrange for someone from their store to bring you the correct food and take the other stuff back!! This was THE STORE'S FAULT not yours.

Make sure you tell them you have NO CAR and cannot get there yourself.

Be polite, but firm and insistent. Your babies are counting on you. :dog:

pitgrrl
March 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
Okay, you need to get on the phone and call this place. Tell them you were there earlier and the girl has given you the completely wrong order! Tell her your dog is too ill to be left alone and that THEY will have to arrange for someone from their store to bring you the correct food and take the other stuff back!! This was THE STORE'S FAULT not yours.

Make sure you tell them you have NO CAR and cannot get there yourself.

Be polite, but firm and insistent. Your babies are counting on you. :dog:

Can you call them for me?:laughing:

I actually, in my little freak out fit last night, left them a message explaining the situation. I'm not sure what time they open, but I'm going to try calling again this morning.

Really, this all points to the fact that I need to learn to drive, very, very badly. That's the downside to growing up smack in the middle of a city....

Shabby
March 2nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
Can you call them for me?:laughing:

I actually, in my little freak out fit last night, left them a message explaining the situation. I'm not sure what time they open, but I'm going to try calling again this morning.

Really, this all points to the fact that I need to learn to drive, very, very badly. That's the downside to growing up smack in the middle of a city....

I have every faith that you CAN do this and that you WILL!!!! Get on that phone and start dialing! (Sheesh, I'm pretty bossy for a Sunday morn :D )

Seriously though, I would definitely call them for you if I was there, however, you CAN DO IT!!!!!

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM

Learning to drive in Montreal will defenetly help you being more assertive :laughing:

Love4himies
March 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
What did you end up doing, pitgrrl?

Shabby
March 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM
You can't leave us hanging....what ended up happening? Did they bring the right food to you, did you go clear across town again to take it back?

The suspense is killing us....:confused:

pitgrrl
March 5th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Sorry......:laughing:

The saga continues. They'll exchange the food, but, of course, don't have what I wanted so I have to wait until their next order comes in, so I still don't have the stuff.

Shabby
March 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Sorry......:laughing:

The saga continues. They'll exchange the food, but, of course, don't have what I wanted so I have to wait until their next order comes in, so I still don't have the stuff.

Thanks for letting us know. I can't believe they don't have the right food after all this!!!! I hope you don't have to wait too long for their next order.

pitgrrl
March 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM
They finally got their order in, but I feel terrible for the BF. The poor boy is biking on sheer ice to exchange the food before he goes to work to selling more dog food all day.

must. learn. to. drive...........:rolleyes:

luckypenny
March 9th, 2008, 10:17 PM
... I feel terrible for the BF. The poor boy is biking on sheer ice to exchange the food before he goes to work to selling more dog food all day.

Aw Pitgrrl, he's definately a keeper :thumbs up .

rainbow
March 10th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Aw Pitgrrl, he's definately a keeper :thumbs up .

I second that. :thumbs up

I don't drive either. :o