Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wrapping up section of tail

DadaLeigh
March 1st, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hi my cat has a scrape on her tail. How can I wrap it efficiently enough so that she cannot get at it while making sure it doesnt irritate her skin. What materials should be utilized? Thank you

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 1st, 2008, 09:30 AM
Cats are incredibly creative at getting to what you want them to ignore. :laughing: Have you tried using a collar-cone. It would restrict her movements ....somewhat. Smudge never could keep it on, though. :laughing::laughing:

Love4himies
March 1st, 2008, 01:20 PM
The best thing would probably be an elizabethan collar from your local vet. Since a kitty is pretty flexible, I don't think you will be able to keep any bandage on.

krdahmer
March 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM
They also sell those collars at pet stores.

DadaLeigh
March 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Are those collars easy to take off ? I think she might wiggle or manage to rip it off. As she has so many other methods..

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2008, 10:38 PM
If her head is sufficiently larger in diameter than her neck, you should be able to keep the Dreaded Elizabethan Collar (DEC :p) on just by adjusting the regular collar that fits through the DEC to hold it on. We have one dog who's got a very small head...to keep her DEC on, we used two collars. One collar goes through the DEC and around her neck; the other just around her neck, not attached to the DEC but just forward of it. That collar tends to keep the collar on the DEC from slipping over the head quite as easily.

However, since hazel is too overrun with dogs to have a cat, she's not sure this method would work for a cat. :o Is a cat's neck long enough to put two collars on if necessary? :shrug: