Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good bye February

BAILEYSMUDGE
February 29th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I know. I know.... Nobody is wishing for Spring more than me... Honest! But, earlier this month, I was walking to the gym at 6:30 a.m. and managed to catch this photo. You gotta admit... it's pretty. I'm new at digital photography but I must say, I'm enjoying it. BTW... this is Yonge & Front in Toronto.... we really got hit with winter this year.

JanM
February 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
A very pretty picture it is! I lived in Toronto for several years and never once did we get snow like that! But, yes - spring is definitely in the air :D

aslan
February 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I know that corner well... Quick run down and take a picture now. Have you noticed that everytime 2 or 3 inches melt we get a foot more.

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM
Alas, Aslan... it's so true...perhaps March will be kinder to us....:o Well, that's my hopeful thinking anyways.

I'm still learning how to use this camera... a digital camera does so much more than a 35mm... I'm just taking it one step at a time.... I get to retire in 4 1/2 yrs... I was thinking this could be an interesting hobby.... I enjoy it so much... but photography is about "science" really.. how much light... how fast...how slow...etc.... right now...I'm only using it artistically... my brain refuses to work any harder than that. :rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
Great shot :thumbs up digitals are soooooo much fun :D take some time to play w/settings see what kind of results you get - you can always erase the pics afterward. ;)

I see the sidewalks weren't completely shoveled bet that's slippery ice on top there too :eek: becareful on your walks to the gym

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Still alot to learn with this camera... actually, it wasn't too slippery that particular day... and usually once you get to Yonge St... it's pretty well salted and cleared.... It was just so pretty that morning... I couldn't resist.

I got this little Canon PowerShot A540 with my HBC rewards points. :laughing: Didn't have to pay!!!

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
and it was free! :thumbs up even better :highfive:

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Very nice photo! Wouldn't that make a great painting, too...with little white lights on the trees? :cloud9:

BAILEYSMUDGE
March 2nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
I wish I were talented enough to paint... :shrug: Oh well... I'll just take pictures... Next "purchase" will be a tripod. Hmmmmm wonder if I can get one with my HBC's....????