Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

For you Hummer lovers!

glasslass
June 17th, 2004, 01:42 PM
My sister-in-law got this from the internet. The photo was taken today 6/17/04 at Ladysmith / Nanaimo B.C., Canada. "Rescue of little Rufous female when she flew into the porch". You Canadians are wonderful!!! :D :D :D

Princesss04
June 17th, 2004, 01:59 PM
They are so tiny and so very pretty. My grandma use to have a feeder up for them, when we were children we would sit and watch them forever. I still love to just sit and watch them eat. :D

Kona Dawg
June 17th, 2004, 05:50 PM
When I was younger, we were at the cottage and a humming bird flew into the picture window and then fell on the deck. Luckily I saw it happen and picked it up before our cat got to it. The little guy was shaking so quickly i couldn't believe it. So small as well, after holding him in the palm of my hand for about 5 minutes, he kinda stood up and flew away. It was a pretty cool experience that I don't think I'll ever forget.

Luba
June 17th, 2004, 06:13 PM
OH wow what a picture!!!

I presume the little hummer regained it's composure and flew backwards and upwards!! LOL

They are so delicate but determined little birds I love em!
Tx for the picture

aliciamala
June 20th, 2004, 12:39 PM
That is a great picture, despite my HORRIBLE INTENSE FEAR of hummingbirds. My mother used to hang 5 or 6 feeders in the backyard and they attracted millions of them. I don't know how many times I'd hear their wings beating as they zoomed past me 5 inches from my head.....or they'd hover mid-air right infront of my face, with me sitting there scared to move and have it fly into me. Ugh. Now as soon as I see one I'm literally off in the other direction. My friends have a hayday with that.

chico2
June 20th, 2004, 05:10 PM
What an amazing picture,he is just beautiful,looove it :D

SOUTHERNPHILLY
June 21st, 2004, 04:14 AM
HEY THERE, I HAVE 2 HUMMINGBIRD FEEDERS AND
LOVE THE PICTURE. IT'S REALLY HARD TO SEE THE BEAUTY OF THIS AWESOME BIRD WITH THE HUMAN EYE.

THANKS,
LYDIA

My sister-in-law got this from the internet. The photo was taken today 6/17/04 at Ladysmith / Nanaimo B.C., Canada. "Rescue of little Rufous female when she flew into the porch". You Canadians are wonderful!!! :D :D :D

glasslass
June 21st, 2004, 09:34 PM
Chico! He's a she! LOL :p :p :p