Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How do you pick pet care?

BigRover
February 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I wanted to get every one's input on this. What process do you go through when you need to find care for your pet? Wheather you have gone through this process before and have had good or bad experiences, what would you do differently next time around, of if you never had to, what do you think you would do?

To elaborate, by pet care I am speaking generally about dog walkers, doggy daycare, cat sitters, people who care for your pet in your home, boarding your dog while you travel, even picking a new groomer.

Why do I ask? I've been involved in this industry for the past 10 years and while I have a fairly good idea of what you "should" do, I'm curious as to what the average person actually does in reality.

Myself and a few others in the industry have started a new project: ThePetCareNetwork.com. The site is still in it's infancy, keeping that in mind, I would appreciate any feedback from you on what's there so far. The home page essentially explains the main concept behind what we're doing. Being in this industry,we constantly come across persons looking for pet care who we can't help ourselves and don't always have an alternative person to be able to refer them to. Sure, it's not a big deal as I'm sure those people do eventually find the help they need, however being pet owners ourselves we can related to how frustrating it can be some times when you do have a special needs pet and have problems finding some one to help you out.

That's how this concept was inspired. We hope to grow our site's membership basis so that it will eventually become a great resource for any one looking for pet care. Majority of dog walkers, groomers, etc already work in a simillar way through small scale networks, we hope to have one central place where all these people come together and in the long run every one in the industry, the pet owners, and especially the pets benefit from our combined efforts.