Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finn is sneezing excessively

Stacer
February 28th, 2008, 01:29 PM
The cats have been home from being boarded for 5 days, Finn developed sneezing the day after we brought her home. She has sneezing fits for several seconds, the time between sneezing varies, it appears to be less today.

She's been vaccinated against Rhinotracheitis and Calicivirus (feline respiratory illnesses). She's breathing fine through her nose (ie: her mouth is closed, so she must be breathing through her nose), so she's not filled up. She doesn't have any discharge from her eyes or nose. She's acting normal, eating and drinking, pooping and peeing.

I don't want to get freaked out about this, but I know that respiratory illnesses in cats can be serious. I also don't want to overreact if it's just irritation in her little nose.

Any thoughts?

phoozles
February 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM
My kitten Alley has sneezing fits from time to time. We mentioned it to the vet, and they said that as long as there wasn't any discharge, we shouldn't be too concerned. :shrug:
If it seems constant, maybe a trip to the vet wouldn't be a bad idea..

Love4himies
February 29th, 2008, 07:44 AM
My vet told me the same as phoozles, if there is no discharge they don't get too concerned as long as the cat is eating and playing normally.

hazelrunpack
February 29th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Just Finn? Not Angus? :goodvibes: that it's nothing. :fingerscr

How is Finn today?